Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

sweet relief!!!!:cheer2: I decided to wait till today to check the MDE again,since I know there were issues last week across the board..... it finally worked! Bro's hotel is linked!!! (I know small potatoes but it was dicey for a bit) whatever the last cm's did from that long call was successful,and with only a few days to spare before FP+ window opening....thought I'd share to update on what happened,in case it happens to anyone else....that disney it number is handy!:surfweb:

Amazon Prime (regular Amazon purchases) do deliver, UPS, FedEx or whatever. Your do pay a fee to pick up in business centers. Amazon Prime Now delivers, groceries and such, no fee. You meet the delivery person in the lobbies.
I'm looking forward to trying this service out soon.... we order and get a 2 hour delivery window,right? (that we have to plan to be at hotel to get stuff?)

sweet relief!!!!:cheer2: I decided to wait till today to check the MDE again,since I know there were issues last week across the board..... it finally worked! Bro's hotel is linked!!! (I know small potatoes but it was dicey for a bit) whatever the last cm's did from that long call was successful,and with only a few days to spare before FP+ window opening....thought I'd share to update on what happened,in case it happens to anyone else....that disney it number is handy!:surfweb:

So happy for you!:yay: Too bad it was so stressful getting it all linked but hopefully you will have smooth sailing now!

Great news!

I'm looking forward to trying this service out soon.... we order and get a 2 hour delivery window,right? (that we have to plan to be at hotel to get stuff?)
Yes You pick the 2 hour window .

If you read the first page of this thread, you already know that the casual S&D restaurants offer a 20% discount to AAA members. The signature restaurants give the same discount with TiW. Sometimes, though not recently, I’ve seen Shula’s put 20% off offers online.

I’ve posted this before, but I’ll say it again—the Cabanas pool bar serves an awesome lobster roll and skirt steak sandwich. Their frozen drinks run $10, but for $2 more you can get a floater, which is a shot of rum on top. Well worth it IMO.

Hi does the AAA 20% off work on the alcoholic drinks as well or just the food??? Thanks!

I think we're might possibly have to have to punt our Aug trip to NYE-Marathon weekend 2019 or last week of March 2019. Any pros and cons particular to the Dolphin for either date?

We're home! After 5 nights at Swan then another 3 nights at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach.

We had a blast at WDW! We checked into the Swan late, as expected, around 12:30AM. Took Lyft from MCO to the Swan, which worked out perfect. Check-in was simple, I'd sent in a request a week before asking to be away from the elevators, if possible, and of course an upgrade, if available. At check in she told us the hotel was sold out, which I expected since several nights were not available except for the Costco rate that we had. While we didn't get an "upgrade" we got what we paid for, which was a resort view room. We had room 444, which was all the way down the hall and a corner room!!! This gave us two large banks of windows. Had we been in the room often it would have been great, but frankly we were there for the parks, not sitting in our room. Nonetheless the view of the water, trees and backside of Boardwalk at night was very nice and peaceful. In the morning the sun was right outside our window.

The Room - The room itself was nice, clean and bright. We had the two queen instead of a king but that was fine with my wife and I. I do feel the room decor has lost some the playfulness that it had on our previous stays. I felt this room could have been any Westin/Sheraton in any City. As I said it was nice and clean, but almost felt too sterile. We did like having the dual sinks in the bathroom and the shower setup was great!

The only complaint I had, was upon arrival, the toilet would drain about every 5 minutes, I tried using they're texting service to report it, but they either didn’t come or didn’t fix it. In the end I called the Front Desk, twice as the first time the guy didn’t get it fixed right. This does seem like something house keeping should have noticed.

Hall Carpet - I see what everyone is talking about now. They appear worn, but it’s clearly the pattern not actual wearing or dirt. Why anyone would have chosen that is completely beyond me.

Staff - Everyone we ran into from front-line to management staff were friendly, smiled and greeted us. I can’t say I felt the same about some of the CMs at Disney though.

Picabu - We had breakfast here everyday. We throughly enjoyed the omelets and the staff were wonderful. The place was mostly dead by the time we would show up which was between 9-10AM. One staff member told us it was pretty dead right after the holidays and the conference attendees didn’t come in for breakfast, which was fine with us. Our only wish was if they would have had the omelets available for late nights, a couple times we got back to the hotel hungry but they were not an option.

Transportation - The busses to/from MK & AK were great, never full either direction. The bus is shared between Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin. At the Swan they need to remove the dead TV that shows the times, but there was one that worked. We never had to wait long for MK/AK busses, but going to Disney Springs took over 20 minutes, in fact we had to MK busses drop by during that wait time.

We used Lyft to get to the Swan and once returning from Trader Sam’s - service worked well and reasonable price. I can see this getting more and more popular. We almost gave up waiting for Disney Springs bus and used Lyft.

Amazon PrimeNow - I placed our order the morning we left to be delivered Saturday between 8-9AM. Package showed up on time, though the driver didn’t read the instructions I had left. I was very clear that we were at the Swan, her English was non-existent so she had to call back to HQ and a supervisor translate where I was. I’d brought down an empty suitcase to put everything in and haul back to the room. Whole process was easy and priced reasonable. I would use this again in a heartbeat.

Costco Travel - Everything with Costco travel worked great. Check in/out was seamless, the room was fine, etc. We used Costco to book a rental car at the Dolphin as well, again everything worked great. I wish Costco could book Disney rooms too.

I’d go back to the Swan based on location of Epcot & DHS, but I do miss the playful theme and colors in the rooms.

You can pick the window, but be aware that time slots can fill up so order in advance. While I met the minimum to avoid the delivery fee my time choice of Saturday at 8AM came with a $4.95 charge which I was still wiling to pay so that I knew within an hour of when they would arrive.

We used Costco to book a rental car at the Dolphin as well, again everything worked great.

Thanks for your report! So glad you had a great trip. Regarding the rental car, can you tell me more about how that worked? Do you think it's cheaper than getting a car at the airport, and did you do it in advance or once you were there? Thank you!

Thanks for your report! So glad you had a great trip. Regarding the rental car, can you tell me more about how that worked? Do you think it's cheaper than getting a car at the airport, and did you do it in advance or once you were there? Thank you!
If you are a Costco member you can get quotes and see the pricing up front so you can verify it's actually cheaper. As a general rule renting a car away from the airport should be cheaper. We had our one way, from Dolphin to the
St. Petersburg airport. The Costco rate beat any other rate I found

Hello Everyone!
New to Swan and Dolphin land. We are long time WDW vets and usually stay at BWI, but this year we are interested in trying something new. When we were last at BWI, my boys and DH wandered around the Swan and Dolphin and played mini golf at Fantasia Gardens and really loved what they saw (I was in a park solo that night). All the restaurants and the spa look divine and I'd like to give one of the resorts a try for our annual November or December trip. I've read quite a bit but could use some insiders advice. One of the reasons we love the WDW deluxe resorts is the option of the extra fold out (or flip over) sofa bed. My boys are 13 and almost 10 and really need the space from one another--they're very tall for their ages. They can and do share a bed when necessary when we travel elsewhere, so it's not the end of the world, but it's usually queen options at most hotels. I guess I'm wondering if the doubles at Dophin are not totally compatible with sibling sharing--I've read that they're oversized doubles, but not really sure what that means? The Swan would be a full $300 more over the course of the 4-5 days if we go that route, which starts to chip away at the savings from staying at the Boardwalk, honestly. Does the Dolphin have any queen beds since its renovation or is it solidly all doubles? And are the Heavenly beds significantly more comfortable than those in the Dolphin?

Thanks in advance!

Does the Dolphin have any queen beds since its renovation or is it solidly all doubles? And are the Heavenly beds significantly more comfortable than those in the Dolphin?
My understanding is the Dolphin is still all Double beds, and website doesn't show they have Queens either. Both hotels offer the same Heavenly experience just in different sizes.

Welcome home, Steve. Sounds like a good trip. Start planning the next one.
Thanks Dan! Really wish I was still there, ending the vacation with a conference wasn't the best, we figure next time we'll go back to Disney for a couple more days then come home! Planning is already underway! But it will be to Disneyland next summer. Since my wife is a teacher it's tough to get away during the school year, but time will tell.

We're home! After 5 nights at Swan then another 3 nights at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach.

I would love to hear your thoughts on Sheraton Sand Key. It's on our list for a central FL coastal visit. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Costco now has Saratoga Springs packages. You can even book a dining plan.
Thanks I'd consider that for our next trip. Based on my limited conversations with other guests I was surprised that three of them had booked with Costco too, obviously the S/D has a good deal going with Costco.

I would love to hear your thoughts on Sheraton Sand Key. It's on our list for a central FL coastal visit. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!
I posted a few things to your profile, feel free to let me know any specific questions you might have. I guess the best thing I'd say is I would go there for a vacation even if it wasn't part of my conference.

I want to be certain of the parking fee. When it is $20/day does that mean for a one night stay you are charged $20 regardless of when you arrive or depart (ie, you are actually using the parking on two different calendar days) Thanks.

I want to be certain of the parking fee. When it is $20/day does that mean for a one night stay you are charged $20 regardless of when you arrive or depart (ie, you are actually using the parking on two different calendar days) Thanks.
Parking charge is one charge per night. If you get there on one day and leave the next, one charge. Leave two days later, two charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter