Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

FYI: Swan's Lobby will be going under renovation:
Already seeing the price of Swan rooms drop compared to Dolphin during this time period.

Lobby Renovations: August 6 - 27, 2018

From August 6 to August 27, 2018, the lobby will be under renovation. During this time, all resort services are being offered and all areas of our resort are fully accessible, except for the lobby itself. Please contact the resort for additional information.

Already seeing the price of Swan rooms drop compared to Dolphin during this time period.

From August 6 to August 27, 2018, the lobby will be under renovation. During this time, all resort services are being offered and all areas of our resort are fully accessible, except for the lobby itself. Please contact the resort for additional information.
Thanks for the heads up! I think that just tipped the scale in favor of the Dolphin for our stay:)

Curious if anyone knows if the gift shop sells resort swim towels. I know they have towels to use by the pool, but I wanted to buy something with the resort name on it to take home. I’m starting a new collection :)

Question for the dolphin experts on this board :). If I booked 4 nights thru the travelocity special for November, what happens if we arrive a day late? I know the reservations are non refundable and non changeable. Since it is already paid for, will the whole reservation be cancelled if we show up a day late?

We are thinking of adding on a Disney Cruise, and our dolphin stay is wrong by one day - we want days 2-4! I am going to call them tomorrow, but would love to hear others experiences!
You should contact the Dolphin and let them know that you intend to keep the reservation even if you arrive a day late. Don't just be a "No Show" as your entire reservation may be cancelled. Always check the policy with Travelocity and the hotel.

I would also suggest you give them a call, they might adjust even your "travelocity" booking. It can't hurt to ask.

Dave

UGH. We are booked at the swan with check in on August 25.. dolphin was not available during our dates. Hoping the majority of the work is done by then...

Mrsdaly -
I saw a LOT of construction / renovation going on at GF when we visited there a bit over a week ago (for the Mary Poppins breakfast). Trucks and equipment outside two of the buildings. We all said "imagine paying what they charge and seeing/hearing this all day."

I'm sure it's not as intrusive as it looked though. So as far as the Swan lobby renovation - I doubt it will have much of a negative on the overall experience. And you (presumably) saved money. Treat yourself to something!

I've been at the Swan during past lobby renovations. No impact on my stay.
Thanks for the heads up! I think that just tipped the scale in favor of the Dolphin for our stay:)

UGH. We are booked at the swan with check in on August 25.. dolphin was not available during our dates. Hoping the majority of the work is done by then...

Mrsdaly -
I saw a LOT of construction / renovation going on at GF when we visited there a bit over a week ago (for the Mary Poppins breakfast). Trucks and equipment outside two of the buildings. We all said "imagine paying what they charge and seeing/hearing this all day."

I'm sure it's not as intrusive as it looked though. So as far as the Swan lobby renovation - I doubt it will have much of a negative on the overall experience. And you (presumably) saved money. Treat yourself to something!

Our last day of our upcoming stay we plan on renting a car st the Alamo in the hotel when we check out. We plan on maybe heading to Disney Springs and then coming back to use the pools, then shower in the gym and head to the airport for our late flight.
Does anyone know if we will have to pay to park that day? Also, will we even be allowed to come back and park since we technically checked out that day?

Does anyone know if we will have to pay to park that day? Also, will we even be allowed to come back and park since we technically checked out that day?
You will be charged the daily rate of $23 to park or you can pay for valet service at $33.

ETA: add cost of valet parking

Dave

Last edited:
Does Minnie Van service the swan and dolphin yet? Also any experiences shipping a package (gifts) to the Dolphin in advance of your stay? Thank you

Yes the Disney Minnie Van service was available at both the Swan & Dolphin as of May 8, 2018. I can't answer your package question but some expert on shipping should be by shortly to answer your question.

Note: The Minnie Van service is available between 6:30 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. (Hours subject to change.)

Dave

Yes the Disney Minnie Van service was available at both the Swan & Dolphin as of May 8, 2018. I can't answer your package question but some expert on shipping should be by shortly to answer your question.

Note: The Minnie Van service is available between 6:30 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. (Hours subject to change.)

Dave
Wonderful thank you. We have used Minnie Van and it was totally worth it for some occasions with small children and timelines etc. great news!

Does Minnie Van service the swan and dolphin yet? Also any experiences shipping a package (gifts) to the Dolphin in advance of your stay? Thank you
Shipping, and receiving, charges at S/D.

https://www.swandolphin.com/activities/business.html

HANDLING FEES
Handling charges are in addition to the cost of shipping, and are charged on a per package basis. Charges apply to inbound and outbound shipments. The charges can be applied to your room, master account, credit card or cash.

Letters $4.00
1 - 10 lbs. $8.00
11 - 20 lbs. $12.00
21 - 40 lbs. $20.00
41 - 75 lbs. $25.00
76 - 99 lbs. $30.00
100 + lbs. $0.75 per lb

Shipping, and receiving, charges at S/D.

https://www.swandolphin.com/activities/business.html

HANDLING FEES
Handling charges are in addition to the cost of shipping, and are charged on a per package basis. Charges apply to inbound and outbound shipments. The charges can be applied to your room, master account, credit card or cash.

Letters $4.00
1 - 10 lbs. $8.00
11 - 20 lbs. $12.00
21 - 40 lbs. $20.00
41 - 75 lbs. $25.00
76 - 99 lbs. $30.00
100 + lbs. $0.75 per lb

Very helpful thank you. Has anyone had any issues receiving packages? I had a very exclusive resort misplace one recently and while it was only baby items, the value to me was the amount of time it took to round them all up again. In this case it would be for Christmas morning so again low value potentially but high stakes :). Just curious about any experiences. Thank you!!

Make sure to use the respective address for the resort you are shopping to. The general address for S/D is 1500, but individually they are......

Shipping Address For Swan:
1200 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
USA

Shipping Address For Dolphin:
1500 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
USA
Very helpful thank you. Has anyone had any issues receiving packages?. ... Just curious about any experiences. Thank you!!

I'll bite. What's the Minnie Van;)?

It’s a service through Lyft. It works basically the same as Lyft but instead of any car picking you up, it’s a car that looks like Minnie Mouse (red with spots). The driver is a Disney employee who plays Disney music in the car, and they all come equipped with two car seats that convert from rear facing to forward facing to booster.
I believe all trips are $25 but I’m not 100% sure if they’ve changed the price since I was there in the Spring. They pick up and drop off at any Disney park or resort.
We did it once and may do it again. It’s more pricey than a typical Lyft or Uber but it was nice not to have to worry about car seats, and you still felt like you were in the “Disney bubble” with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter