Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes you will receive the items listed as part of the "resort" fee since you will be paying the resort fee as part of your stay. Specifically the $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa. The resort fee should have been broken out in your Hotels.com bill. The resort fee is $28 plus tax daily, total is $31.50.

The Resort Service Package includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
• Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
• 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
• In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
• Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
• Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
$25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
• Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
• Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event​

Dave

Yes you will receive the items listed as part of the "resort" fee since you will be paying the resort fee as part of your stay. Specifically the $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa. The resort fee should have been broken out in your Hotels.com bill. The resort fee is $28 plus tax daily, total is $31.50.

The Resort Service Package includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
• Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
• 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
• In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
• Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
• Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
$25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
• Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
• Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event​

Dave

:thanks:

If you hire a private shuttle they will probably tell you when they will pick you up. we use Tony Hinds (mentioned a lot on disboards) and he always picks us up from the S&D 2.5 hours before our flight.

Can you confirm which terminal you meet Tony at? In May he said B but he meant to state A. We were running around trying to find him! I just want to make sure I have the correct location. I’ve emailed him but just waiting for his response. TIA!

Edit- not sure if you use him from MCO

Can you confirm which terminal you meet Tony at? In May he said B but he meant to state A. We were running around trying to find him! I just want to make sure I have the correct location. I’ve emailed him but just waiting for his response. TIA!

Edit- not sure if you use him from MCO

Tony has always picked us up at A - bottom of the escalator by baggage claim (last time was April 2018). We flew Southwest to MCO.

I've used S/D limo several times. Great service. Pick you up right in the terminal. They will do an 'unadvertised' grocery stop if needed. f you get either Bill or Angelo, please tell them I said hello.

And welcome to the dis and the S/D thread. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you for this!

After reading about Tony Hinds here, we have decided to use him for our first stay at the Swan, arriving in 29 days. We will want to make a pit stop for some snacks and drinks for our room. Where would you guys recommend we have him stop? I'm not really sure what stores would be convenient on the route from MCO to Swan.

Where would you guys recommend we have him stop? I'm not really sure what stores would be convenient on the route from MCO to Swan.
Our S/D limo driver took us to a Publix located in a real nice looking shopping center. Not far from S/D, not sure the name of the shopping center.

Just got back from a great first stay at the Swan on a combination of cash & points. Two years ago we stayed at the Dolphin. We used Tiffany Town Car from SFB and highly recommend their services. We use to rent a car and what a decrease in our stress level this year!! Really just specific to us but loved not having to drive in Florida traffic, factor in the time to pick up & drop off rental car etc. I had wanted to upgrade to a balcony prior to our arrival but it was $50 per night so I passed. At check in it was only $20 or $30 per night so I was pleased. Granted that probably doesn't always happen. Some Disney IT problems in regards to the MDE app but nothing to do with the Swan/Dolphin. I am canceling my AE card because the points will no l longer be in my favor. Hoping to find a deal and stay at the Swan/Dolphin next year instead of a Disney hotel. Shocks me that I am ok with not going back to Disney hotels even though we have had enjoyable vacations at many resorts. With the right price next year it will hopefully be a better value for us to stay at the Swan/Dolphin given the location, balcony, dining choices etc. ((And the Smore's dessert at the ESPN restaurant was amazing!!! I will try to post a picture later.))

edit-Love being able to walk to HS!!. This is our 3rd stay in the Boardwalk area and we didn't find the walk to be noticeably longer given the construction. We have also walked to HS when staying at other resorts because we always visit the Boardwalk. We do like to walk. We were able to ride all 3 rides in the new TSL and were sitting down to breakfast (mobile ordering) at Woody's by 8:00. After we did TSM again. Definitely worth getting up early to be there prior to the park officially opening.

Never sure how much people want to actually read about our trip :) Loved the new Star Wars fireworks show. Absolutely loved it!! We did the dessert party and I glad we were staying close to HS instead of dealing buses. Probably sounds silly. We just love the ease of walking to and from HS.

Last edited:
Okay, so I currently have Pop Century booked. I also booked Swan through hotels.com. My fastpass day is Monday. I have our tickets linked to us on MDE. Do I have to link the Swan reservation or can I just make our fastpasses with the Pop Century reservation and then cancel it after I make them? Also, is there any benefit of linking the Swan reservation after my fastpasses are booked? Thanks again!

After reading about Tony Hinds here, we have decided to use him for our first stay at the Swan, arriving in 29 days. We will want to make a pit stop for some snacks and drinks for our room. Where would you guys recommend we have him stop? I'm not really sure what stores would be convenient on the route from MCO to Swan.

Tony is the sweetest guy! He asked us if we wanted to stop to get anything and we declined. I would say he would be able to pick a place for you. Just let him know what you're looking for. :-)

Tony has always picked us up at A - bottom of the escalator by baggage claim (last time was April 2018). We flew Southwest to MCO.
we used him once from MCO, but usually just on our way back because we do a split stay so we can have magical express and magic bands for the beginning of our trip (rent DVC points one night). I don't recall where we met him (I just remember it was right by our baggage claim - we flew Southwest). Anyway looks like someone else here was a help.

Just got back from a great first stay at the Swan on a combination of cash & points. Two years ago we stayed at the Dolphin. We used Tiffany Town Car from SFB and highly recommend their services. We use to rent a car and what a decrease in our stress level this year!! Really just specific to us but loved not having to drive in Florida traffic, factor in the time to pick up & drop off rental car etc. I had wanted to upgrade to a balcony prior to our arrival but it was $50 per night so I passed. At check in it was only $20 or $30 per night so I was pleased. Granted that probably doesn't always happen. Some Disney IT problems in regards to the MDE app but nothing to do with the Swan/Dolphin. I am canceling my AE card because the points will no l longer be in my favor. Hoping to find a deal and stay at the Swan/Dolphin next year instead of a Disney hotel. Shocks me that I am ok with not going back to Disney hotels even though we have had enjoyable vacations at many resorts. With the right price next year it will hopefully be a better value for us to stay at the Swan/Dolphin given the location, balcony, dining choices etc. ((And the Smore's dessert at the ESPN restaurant was amazing!!! I will try to post a picture later.))

edit-Love being able to walk to HS!!. This is our 3rd stay in the Boardwalk area and we didn't find the walk to be noticeably longer given the construction. We have also walked to HS when staying at other resorts because we always visit the Boardwalk. We do like to walk. We were able to ride all 3 rides in the new TSL and were sitting down to breakfast (mobile ordering) at Woody's by 8:00. After we did TSM again. Definitely worth getting up early to be there prior to the park officially opening.

Never sure how much people want to actually read about our trip :) Loved the new Star Wars fireworks show. Absolutely loved it!! We did the dessert party and I glad we were staying close to HS instead of dealing buses. Probably sounds silly. We just love the ease of walking to and from HS.
We love hearing about trips! Welcome! Feel free to share :)

Sounds like a great trip, amyy. Welcome home.

Hoping to find a deal and stay at the Swan/Dolphin next year instead of a Disney hotel. Shocks me that I am ok with not going back to Disney hotels even though we have had enjoyable vacations at many resorts.
That's just about how we felt too. Location and Money matter! If I can be "in" Disney and get a better room at a lower price, I'm sold. Sounds like you had a great trip and nice you got the upgrade you wanted!

IS the "dreams" code listed on disboards home page for everyone or only nurses/teachers/gov workers? Any other places to look for discounts? Direct on their website with AAA discount it comes to $371.64 a night with taxes and resort fees.

Thanks

If you hire a private shuttle they will probably tell you when they will pick you up. we use Tony Hinds (mentioned a lot on disboards) and he always picks us up from the S&D 2.5 hours before our flight.
Do you have contact info for him?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter