Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Apologies if this has already been posted. I was surprised to find out this week that Picabu is no longer open 24 hours. It closes at 10:00 PM. Fuel is open until 2:00 AM.

Good to know for us next month! Thank you!

Marriott is changing categories again March 4th. Do we think point values will change for Swan/Dolphin? I haven't really read up on the changes.

ah! didn't realize there was a list published. thank you!
Yeah, the filtering is a bit weird on the list. I tried Florida and Disney World and nothing showed up. But there were several hotels that showed up when I tried Orlando. I'm assuming the Swan/Dolphin would have shown up under Orlando if they were on the list.

I apologize if this has been asked, can you still rent cabanas at the Pool? I can't seem to find anything on their site. Thanks in advance!

I apologize if this has been asked, can you still rent cabanas at the Pool? I can't seem to find anything on their site. Thanks in advance!
Yes, but to get the details you will need to call. Poolside Cabanas has some info. For information, pricing, and reservations, please dial: (407) 934-2158

Planning to stay at The Swan from May 25th for 9 days. Has there been any reports of disruption or noise from the building site behind? Will there be much expected? Thanks

Apologies if this has already been posted. I was surprised to find out this week that Picabu is no longer open 24 hours. It closes at 10:00 PM. Fuel is open until 2:00 AM.
Hi Patty. Long time, no see.

It was posted, several weeks and many pages back. But an excellent reminder for all I was very surprised also. Thanks for posting.

Hi Patty. Long time, no see.

It was posted, several weeks and many pages back. But an excellent reminder for all I was very surprised also. Thanks for posting.

Hi Dan...and everyone. My past couple of trips haven't been at the Swan or Dolphin, plus I haven't been around on the DIS very much, so missed the Picabu post. I'm not surprised that someone from this thread already mentioned it.

Since Dolphin/Swan became Marriott, can you still pay cash to upgrade a points room to an alcove room? I know years ago Starwood used to allow it for like $75/night.

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but just wanted to double check. I have a bunch of free night awards for hotels 35,000 points or under. Is there any way I can use them to stay at Swan/Dolphin and just pay cash or points to make up the difference?

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but just wanted to double check. I have a bunch of free night awards for hotels 35,000 points or under. Is there any way I can use them to stay at Swan/Dolphin and just pay cash or points to make up the difference?
No - but wouldn't that be nice!!!!!!! If I am wrong I'd be really happy!

I've had the same thought. I even wondered if two 35,000 points certificates could be combined to use for one 60,000 points night at the Swan/Dolphin and then just losing the 10,000 leftover points.

Does anybody know if the following rooms listed on Travel Republic are guaranteed to have balconies?
Deluxe Suite, 1 King Bed With Sofa Bed, Resort View
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed With Sofa Bed (Sw-M)

No - but wouldn't that be nice!!!!!!! If I am wrong I'd be really happy!
I've had the same thought. I even wondered if two 35,000 points certificates could be combined to use for one 60,000 points night at the Swan/Dolphin and then just losing the 10,000 leftover points.
I called Marriott today just to double check. She said no, which I expected. I did ask her if my 35,000 a night rewards were able to be used at all Category 5 hotels (as it was previously) since most of the hotels I’ve been looking at now have point values of more than 35,000 even though they’re still Category 5 hotels. The answer was no, and said that I could convert them into 25,000 night rewards though 🤦‍♀️😂 I asked if anyone actually does that, and she said that a lot of people can’t use the rewards at Category 5’s any more, so they are “happy to use that flexibility at Category 1-4 hotels now.” I asked her if she was familiar with the term “being bonvoyed,” as I chuckled. She said they were not allowed to acknowledge that term.
Just thought I would share bc I found it hilarious 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter