Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Unfortunately Chase removed Swan and Dolphin off the UR website when they removed Disney owned resorts. You could transfer UR's to Marriott but at a super poor value, Swan and dolphin are 50,000 Marriott points/night for a standard redemption. The best would be to cash out points to pay for your stay, but then you are not getting 1.25-1.5c/UR value.

was bummed they removed the Dis properties.You could also buy park tickets through UR a couple years ago. We went in Oct of ‘18 and wiped out 3 nts In a Deluxe Club room at BWI plus 6 day park hoppers for 5 people. Probably saved $5k by using all points.

Because there are points involved does that have to be done through Bonvoy or can the it be done directly with Swan?
Directly with swan. Make sure you call the main swolpin number and ask for in house reservations.

I currently have a 2BR executive suite booked at the Swan for a week in June. I am wondering two things-

1- people’s experience there vs a 2BR DVC. I know I’ll not have kitchen and laundry which I’ll miss, but it’s about 200$/night less than OKW and 500$/night less than anything walkable to parks which is of value to us.

2-If anyone has stayed at both the grand and the executive suites and if it’s worth paying to upgrade to the grand - I think it was 50$/night more but I’d have to check again.

For background it’s spouse, my mother, me, 6 Y/O going.

thanks and I feel compelled to say “first time long time” (sorry had to!)

I currently have a 2BR executive suite booked at the Swan for a week in June. I am wondering two things-

1- people’s experience there vs a 2BR DVC. I know I’ll not have kitchen and laundry which I’ll miss, but it’s about 200$/night less than OKW and 500$/night less than anything walkable to parks which is of value to us.

2-If anyone has stayed at both the grand and the executive suites and if it’s worth paying to upgrade to the grand - I think it was 50$/night more but I’d have to check again.

I have stayed in both the exec and grand suites and honestly can't say that I can tell the difference. I believe the Grand has a 680 SF parlor and the Executive has 600 SF. I wouldn't pay extra for it.

I always stay at the Swan or Dolphin in a suite so I really can't compare it for you to a 2BR villa. You will have tons of room. You will have a wet bar and 3 mini-fridges in the suite, but the laundry facility would be nice. $500 per night nice? No....

Scroll down to bottom on this link. All rooms and suites should be there. Might be helpful.

https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/grand_suite.html

The Executive Suite has a smaller, round dining table in the parlor, while the Grand Suite has more of a conference table.

From allears.net:

The Grand Suite has a 680 square foot parlor, with a capacity of 50 to 75 people. It includes a wet bar and conference table for ten. The parlor connects to both one and two bedroom guest rooms and can be rented in a variety of configurations. Secondary guest rooms can be booked.
The Executive Suite has a 600 square foot parlor with distinct living and sleeping areas. It includes a conference table for six and a sleeper sofa. Connecting rooms are available. This suite can be rented as part of a one or two bedroom suite.
Though it's not noted above, the Grand Suite has the same large (I think queen size) sleeper sofa.

@JJ2017 I'm pretty sure you will incure the $25.00 Extra Person Fee per night, they won't (or shouldn't) charge for kids, but they do for adults as I recall.

Do the Swan King Bed rooms also have a pull out sofa? How about at Dolphin? Thanks!
Yes, all the King rooms should have a small pullout couch (maybe a double?)
The small sofa bed is large enough for two small children or one adult. The website shows max. occupancy in a King room to be three.

King Balcony Guest Room
Room images may not correspond to the actual room received.
Room Highlights
Guaranteed
During your stay date
  • 1 King Bed
  • Sofa Bed
  • Resort View
  • Balcony
  • Maximum Occupancy:3

Last edited:
Staying at Dolphin this coming weekend. We stayed in January and really enjoyed it! Few questions if you anyone knows the answers :)

Trying to book garden grove character breakfast but it’s says there aren’t any times for available for any time in March. It doesn’t even let you select a time to check, the time pull down just says “No Times Available.” Anyone know what’s up with this?

Alcove room: is this something I can ask for and pay for upon check in, or does it need to be handled ahead of time? Is it anything more than a larger room... or does it also have a view?

Cabana rental - very little info online. What does it come with and what’s the cost?

swan paddle boats - fun activity or bust?

thanks!

@hereforthechurros
For Cabana's not much available online, best best is to give them a quick call for the specifics (407) 934-2158, Poolside Cabanas info.

I'm not sure you need to book anything for Garden Grove it's never been hard to get into. I think you only need to book for parties of 12 or more, you might email them to confirm it. Here is the GG info page, to email try dining@swandolphin.com

We had fun with the paddle boats but not if it's windy out.

Staying at Dolphin this coming weekend. We stayed in January and really enjoyed it! Few questions if you anyone knows the answers :)

Trying to book garden grove character breakfast but it’s says there aren’t any times for available for any time in March. It doesn’t even let you select a time to check, the time pull down just says “No Times Available.” Anyone know what’s up with this?

Alcove room: is this something I can ask for and pay for upon check in, or does it need to be handled ahead of time? Is it anything more than a larger room... or does it also have a view?

Cabana rental - very little info online. What does it come with and what’s the cost?

swan paddle boats - fun activity or bust?

thanks!

I don't think they take ressies for breakfast, but I don't think it gets crazy crowded unless there's a conference - call them to confirm.

Paddle boats sound like exercise. If it's warm out, and you're touring parks, and stuff...Not my thing. I have a paddle boat at home - they are fun once in a while, but...I'd just rather hang out at the pool. Of course, totally up to you. Just my opinion.

For anyone going in the near future you might want to check current rates to see if it’s worthwhile rebooking. Our room for next week at the Swan just dropped another $40/night. This was a senior rate. I did rebook it for now although, unfortunately, we‘re probably postponing the trip.

For anyone going in the near future you might want to check current rates to see if it’s worthwhile rebooking. Our room for next week at the Swan just dropped another $40/night. This was a senior rate. I did rebook it for now although, unfortunately, we‘re probably postponing the trip.
Good advice, sorry about having to postpone but that's what's driving the rates down, I have a feeling the industry is going to feel the pinch until this thing dies down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter