• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

A quick question. I planned to use our magic bands from a previous trip. But we have moved and I can’t locate them. Since we are staying at The Dolphin and COVID not having FP+ I don’t think it is worth buying new ones. Are you able to get the Magic Admission Card at the hotel or do we have to go to guest services outside the park. Other options? Thanks!

A quick question. I planned to use our magic bands from a previous trip. But we have moved and I can’t locate them. Since we are staying at The Dolphin and COVID not having FP+ I don’t think it is worth buying new ones. Are you able to get the Magic Admission Card at the hotel or do we have to go to guest services outside the park. Other options? Thanks!
Your resort card will work for early admission, if Disney still has that.

Sorry @Dan Murphy but @Tidepride11 is looking for RF ticket media to replace their miss-placed MBs not about using the resort ID for any Disney Park Access.

The only suggestion I can offer is for @Tidepride11 check at the Disney Planning Center where they can assist you with all things Disney!

The Disney Planning Center is located at the Disney Gift Store in the Swan.

Dave

Special Halloween activities at Swan/Dolphin :

Halloween Happenings
Poolside DJ
Saturday 10/31 & Sunday 11/01 Dolphin Grotto Pool - 1pm - 4pm *weather permitting
Poolside Treats & Crafts For Sale
Saturday 10/31
Dolphin Grotto Pool - 12pm - 4pm
Ghostly Delights
Ghosting Bag of Goodies - $15 per bag
Have a goodie bag delivered to your guest room for your little goblin. Reservations required. Time slots available starting 11am Wed. 10/28 & ending 4pm Sat. 10/31.
Complimentary Trick or Treating
Saturday 10/31
Dolphin Lap Pool - 6pm - 7:30pm
+ $15 per additional goodie bag
email: recreation@swandolphin.com for reservations & full details
Spooktacular Package - $50
Our ghouls will turn your room into a fun but ghostly visage while you’re away. Includes room decorations & 1 ghosting bag of goodies. Reservations required. Time slots available starting 11am Wed. 10/28 & ending 3pm Sat. 10/31.

Last edited:
Saturday, I booked the Swan for a late December stay. Tried a couple times every day since to link the reservation to MDE, and I get the 72 hour message every time (both with & without a 0 in front of confirmation #). Got to wondering, does it really matter, since I am beyond the 60 day ADR window opening at this moment and there aren't any other extra benefits right now?

Can anyone who has stayed since the switch to Mears buses comment on the bus situation for AK/MK? I.e. how early do they start, how frequently do they appear to be running, and how far away the bus stops are at the parks? I know that they now drop off for MK at the TTC, is that also where they pickup to return to the resort? I thought I saw some pages back that Disney buses were dropping off at the resort but Mears were picking up. Thanks for any info!

Saturday, I booked the Swan for a late December stay. Tried a couple times every day since to link the reservation to MDE, and I get the 72 hour message every time (both with & without a 0 in front of confirmation #).
If you followed the steps on this web page then you need to call the hotel at 1-800-227-1500 to get a different confirmation number to link to MDE.

https://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/fastpass-tips.html
Dave

I was able to pay with points for an upgraded room by calling them. I don't know if you can do points + cash.
Well that's good to know! Do you remember how many points it was to upgrade? I don't think we'll have a ton of extra Marriott points after covering 5 nights there, but I might be able to juggle something around if needed. S/D is already more pts/night than I'd usually like to spend, especially with their added fees, so if it's something crazy just to get out of a double room, we might scrap using points for a Disney trip and just look at regular resort rooms at another Disney resort.

Saturday, I booked the Swan for a late December stay. Tried a couple times every day since to link the reservation to MDE, and I get the 72 hour message every time (both with & without a 0 in front of confirmation #). Got to wondering, does it really matter, since I am beyond the 60 day ADR window opening at this moment and there aren't any other extra benefits right now?
We modified our late December vacation last Thursday to the Dolphin. Our ADR window started this Monday, and the reservation still had not linked. It was frustrating because I needed to schedule our ADRs. Thankfully, someone at Disney helped me book the ADRs even though the reservation was not linked yet. She did say that there has been a significant delay in the reservations linking up between Disney and Dolphin. She told me she was going to send some sort of form to the Dolphin to try and expedite, and after that, finally on the next day everything was linked together (it took 7 days before it linked). Our trip was booked through Disney, and I think the issue right now, is the communication between Disney and Swan/Dolphin linking everything up (at least that is what I was told). I know this doesn't help much, but wanted to share with you since we had a similar experience, and I know how frustrating waiting and trying to link everything up and seeing that error message (even after the 72 hour window). Maybe just call and see if they can help you set your ADR.

Checking out today and noticed I was charged for 8 nights of parking. I read somewhere that the Max they charged for parking was 5 days. Anybody recall that before I go to the front desk?

Checking out today and noticed I was charged for 8 nights of parking. I read somewhere that the Max they charged for parking was 5 days. Anybody recall that before I go to the front desk?
I had not heard that. I know that when I had rental cars, I was always charged for each day of parking, no limit.

Well that's good to know! Do you remember how many points it was to upgrade? I don't think we'll have a ton of extra Marriott points after covering 5 nights there, but I might be able to juggle something around if needed. S/D is already more pts/night than I'd usually like to spend, especially with their added fees, so if it's something crazy just to get out of a double room, we might scrap using points for a Disney trip and just look at regular resort rooms at another Disney resort.
I'm sorry, I can't tell by looking at my reservation, but I only upgraded from standard to balcony so it would be different anyway. If you call Marriot, they will be able to tell you the upgrade options and how much they cost.

We are planning a list minute trip. Future husband has a conference at Yacht Club in June. I booked Marriott Friends and Family for the extension of our trip. 4 days with resort fee/taxes, ect comes in just under $1100 at the Swan.

Worth it? Or are we better off booking at Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs for an extra $300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter