• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I would vote with @Dan Murphy the Swan is a much better choice than CBR or CRS even if they are $300 less and in your case they would be $300 more!

Both CBR & CRS are large spread out resorts, they are great but the Swan is a Deluxe resort in price range of a Disney Moderate.

Location, Location, Location. The Epcot Crescent lake resorts are in walking distance to 2 Parks and have lots of food options around the lake. The 5 pools at the Swan & Dolphin are great. The Friendship boats are back up and running as to today so if you want to take a slow relaxing boat ride back from Epcot or HS.

Dave

I'm guessing you're not a fan of either Coronado or Caribbean?
I would vote with @Dan Murphy the Swan is a much better choice than CBR or CRS even if they are $300 less and in your case they would be $300 more!

Both CBR & CRS are large spread out resorts, they are great but the Swan is a Deluxe resort in price range of a Disney Moderate.

Location, Location, Location. The Epcot Crescent lake resorts are in walking distance to 2 Parks and have lots of food options around the lake. The 5 pools at the Swan & Dolphin are great. The Friendship boats are back up and running as to today so if you want to take a slow relaxing boat ride back from Epcot or HS.

Dave
emcarle, I echo Dave's thoughts above. And it's not that I am not a fan of either of those other resorts, they are both great. But rather a BIG fan of the S/D resort. And for me, the Swan in particular.

The location, the easy access to HS and Epcot, the restaurants, the pool area.

As Dave said, deluxe resort for Disney moderate rates.

We are planning a list minute trip. Future husband has a conference at Yacht Club in June. I booked Marriott Friends and Family for the extension of our trip. 4 days with resort fee/taxes, ect comes in just under $1100 at the Swan.

Worth it? Or are we better off booking at Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs for an extra $300.

Stick with the swan. And I say that as someone with many stays at CSR under my belt. The Swan has a more upscale feel to it. Also, if it rains you are not suck in your room or having to go out into the rain to get food. Or doing what we did last trip and send someone to drive up front, pick up food, and bring it back to the room.

Stick with the swan. And I say that as someone with many stays at CSR under my belt. The Swan has a more upscale feel to it. Also, if it rains you are not suck in your room or having to go out into the rain to get food. Or doing what we did last trip and send someone to drive up front, pick up food, and bring it back to the room.
I completely agree rain or extreme Florida heat make everything in one building incredibly nice. It is one of the reasons if we stay at the Swan or if on Disney property we stay at the Contemporary. Many of the other deluxe resorts require an outdoor walk to get coffee, etc. :)

Worth it? Or are we better off booking at Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs for an extra $300.
The reviews for the Swan have been pretty good lately. It's so hard to predict what things will be like in June, but CBR is reliant on bus service for MK/AK, and you will be required to use Skyliner for Epcot/DHS. CSR is 100% reliant on buses. So for me Swan wins since you've got a better hotel and less reliant on buses. You will feel a bit of not being in the Disney bubble. I don't think Disney or S/D is doing luggage transfers to any hotels, so you'll need to taxi or walk over, but by June things could be back closer to normal.

After reading this, I really wonder if Disney cut off Swan/Dolphin Disney transport, due to not having enough drivers for the Disney buses.
Hard to say how it went down, either jacked prices up out of sight or maybe told S/D that buses would be in short supply and guests would be waiting. From a lot of reports they are having a problem right now, they need more drivers. One person on the FB thread said that S/D didn't go with Disney for this contract, I did ask how long that would be as that could easily be a year but maybe more or less.

Just back from the Swan for an 8 day stay and here is my thoughts:

I really liked being close to HS and EPCOT and I think the hotel is really nice and staff was very friendly but its not Disney and it does not feel Disney. We ate at the Fountain, Garden Grove, and the Buffet at the Dolphin. All the food was good and we had no complains. I think the resort fee is way to much for what you are getting. For the price I paid it was totally worth it and I loved being able to walk to both parks. If I want to be able to do that I won't pay the price of YC, BC, or BW. I would stay at the Swan again for the cheaper price and same perk.

I think the Boats would have made the trip better but I honestly loved the walk around the lake. We did swim on night and thought the pool was great also. If the price is right I will continue you to stay at the Swan knowing that I won't get the Disney feel that I like at other resorts but the perks of the Swan out weigh the need to feel Disney. I did not take the new bus system as I had a rental car which I would have had either way of my trip. I did also like that the elevators are quick and everyone waited for one party to be in the elevator and not tried to squeeze in with others.

We did go to the Disney store twice and thought those workers were extremely friendly and had great conversations with them both times.

Overall I give Swan a great rating and would recommend it to any one if you can get a deal in your budget. Just the access to two parks alone are worth paying extra for.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for all the information they provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter