• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm at the Swan right now and planning to go to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. The front desk says the first bus comes at 715 but from what I understand MK will most likely be open by then.

How early do the Yacht Club busses start running in case we decide to walk there to catch a bus?

I'm at the Swan right now and planning to go to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. The front desk says the first bus comes at 715 but from what I understand MK will most likely be open by then.

How early do the Yacht Club busses start running in case we decide to walk there to catch a bus?
If as pre-COVID, should be about 6:30.

MK opening tomorrow is 8, so yes, it could be open by 7:15 or 7:30.

Just back from a stay at the dolphin. Was looking at flexible dates feb-March 2022. Any recommendations on when to book for best price? We just paid $155/night, lowest rate I found for 2022 was $280 and up! Any suggestions or thoughts on booking timeframes? Or is the 2022 rate more typical for this property, with an expected increase in demand?

thanks!

The current prices are the lowest I have seen in years. I am planning on going in late April 2022 for a split stay (4 days Swan, 4 days Poly). I am paying with points, so not too concerned about price, but the prices you are quoting seem about right.

Book your room now and just keep an eye on it. I would not expect a room around $155 unless you had a great discount code or used Priceline or some other 3rd party.

We just paid $155/night, lowest rate I found for 2022 was $280 and up! Any suggestions or thoughts on booking timeframes?
The mid $250 is the average non convention discount rate range. Booking now gets you the rate but also drives up resort utilization so the Marriott booking engine will raise rates late in the year as booking increase.

Disney does the same thing but the Disney algorithm is not as aggressive. With the Marriott system rooms can jump to over $600 for a traditional room (basic) if the occupancy rate is high.

Note: there is always the possibility that a convention or large meeting returns as pre-covid Feb. was a very popular month to get out of most cold areas of the country to come to sunny Florida.

Dave

1st time visitor and staying at the Swan next month. I assume it’s good measure to try and book any dining ahead of time at the hotel? But I’m at a loss at where this is done? Do you just call the restaurant directly? Or do only the signature restaurants take reservations? I didn’t see any online booking options. Right now looking at garden grove and the fountain. Thanks!!

I believe only the signatures take reservations.

Also, as noted, the Swolphin restaurants seem to allocate more reservations to Opentable than Disney.

1st time visitor and staying at the Swan next month. I assume it’s good measure to try and book any dining ahead of time at the hotel? But I’m at a loss at where this is done? Do you just call the restaurant directly? Or do only the signature restaurants take reservations? I didn’t see any online booking options. Right now looking at garden grove and the fountain. Thanks!!
Just to add to the other great comments above make sure to download the Walt Disney Swan & Dolphin app for the latest resort updates on dining options, hours, menus and information or direct links to Opentable.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/walt-disney-swan-and-dolphin/id824576631
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobimanage.tishmanhotels&hl=en_US&gl=US
Dave

For those of you who are accustomed to calling the Swalphin and selecting option 1 for in house reservations I am afraid I have some bad news to report. That option now gets you the regular Marriott booking line. I selected option 0 instead and asked for in house reservations and that worked fine.

For some context: I called to book the Food and Wine Classic and the person at the main Marriott center had zero clue what I was talking about.

Could someone tell me if/how magic bands work at the Swan/Dolphin. I have bands left over from our trip last year and was hoping we might be able to reactivate and use them.

Wondering what pricing anyone has seen for the 1 bedroom executive suite at the Swan.

It's been years since we booked one...not sure what's typical anymore.

I was quoted a price of $591 +35 resort fee per night.

This was through the Swan hotel reservations desk....think I might get a better deal through Marriott...?

Wondering what pricing anyone has seen for the 1 bedroom executive suite at the Swan.

It's been years since we booked one...not sure what's typical anymore.

I was quoted a price of $591 +35 resort fee per night.

This was through the Swan hotel reservations desk....think I might get a better deal through Marriott...?
What nights?

Could someone tell me if/how magic bands work at the Swan/Dolphin. I have bands left over from our trip last year and was hoping we might be able to reactivate and use them.
You don’t have to reactivate them. Once they are linked to your MDE, they are linked to your MDE forever. But without FP, all they are really good for are your park tickets (unless you use rider swap or DAS).

I just bought a box of 15 these for my trip next month. I don't want to go looking for housekeeping every day for more coffee.
Where did you find them? I've been searching on Amazon, and it seems like they are all discontinued. I'm not picky about the brand.

You don’t have to reactivate them. Once they are linked to your MDE, they are linked to your MDE forever. But without FP, all they are really good for are your park tickets (unless you use rider swap or DAS).
There are also a few newer ride photos (ex. 7DMT, HM) that require a Magic Band because there are no preview screens at the exit.

The mid $250 is the average non convention discount rate range. Booking now gets you the rate but also drives up resort utilization so the Marriott booking engine will raise rates late in the year as booking increase.

Disney does the same thing but the Disney algorithm is not as aggressive. With the Marriott system rooms can jump to over $600 for a traditional room (basic) if the occupancy rate is high.

Note: there is always the possibility that a convention or large meeting returns as pre-covid Feb. was a very popular month to get out of most cold areas of the country to come to sunny Florida.

Dave
Thanks for the information. I was actually wondering how the pricing works.

I am currently looking into booking a standard room at the Dolphin for Dec 27 2021 - Jan 1 2022 and am completely lost when to book and where. Directly through Marrriott or through a 3rd party? Do I book now because prices will go up?
I am not eligible for any discounts (AP etc) but I still want to make sure to get a somewhat reasonable price ;)

I have never stayed at Swan/Dolphin and therefore really appreciate all the information/reports everyone is sharing :)

There are also a few newer ride photos (ex. 7DMT, HM) that require a Magic Band because there are no preview screens at the exit.
Oh good point! And they can be helpful if you are using PhotoPass since the photographers can scan them.

Thanks for the information. I was actually wondering how the pricing works.

I am currently looking into booking a standard room at the Dolphin for Dec 27 2021 - Jan 1 2022 and am completely lost when to book and where. Directly through Marrriott or through a 3rd party? Do I book now because prices will go up?
I am not eligible for any discounts (AP etc) but I still want to make sure to get a somewhat reasonable price ;)

I have never stayed at Swan/Dolphin and therefore really appreciate all the information/reports everyone is sharing :)
I always book directly through Marriott. If you join their Marriott Bonvoy/Rewards program (free to join), you’ll be eligible for lower rates. Or if you have AAA, you can get lower rates. Definitely book now. Make sure it’s a refundable rate and then check back often to see if the rate has dropped. It’s super easy to modify your trip to the new rate if that happens.

Edited to add: depending how much cheaper the AAA rate is, it might be worth it to join AAA. I think it’s usually about $60/year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter