• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Wondering the same thing since we are considering Swan for next March, and we are in the same situation as we want to have something that can be cancelled without too much hassle. I think there should be a mention somewhere on the booking about the resort fees if we were to expect them, so I’m hoping they are included when you book a package through WDW website. I’ll be following your post for answers as well. :-)

I found this when I looked at the rate details for a package so I assume it's included. It didn't say anywhere else that there are additional fees any way!

I have a room booked at the Dolphin the week of July 12 that I reserved through the Marriott site a couple of weeks ago. I booked a AAA rate for $239 per night. I just checked the rates for that same week and now the same room is going for over $1100 per night. That seems crazy. Curiosity got the better of me so I started checking every week from now through the end of summer and that is the only week with crazy high rates. Every other week rooms are going for anywhere from $180 to around $300ish. Does anybody know if there is something going on there that week? I'm sure glad I locked in my rate when I did!
Yes this is normally the Marriott dynamic pricing engine at work or an error when they are doing maintenance. In the case of the dynamic pricing engine as room inventory drops the prices go up for the remaining rooms.

So if there is a convention or business group meeting and there a limited number of available rooms even if they are the lower tier rooms the rates may be nuts like your experience where saw rates above $1100 per night.

A group may have a large block of rooms on hold or it could just be one night that has limited availability. Are you looking at the rate per night or the average price for the entire week?

You can just keep checking and the group may still cancel or release any rooms that their group did not book by their booking window.

You can see some examples on this page but the week of July 12th does not show as sold out: https://swandolphin.com/value-days/

Note: The Swan & Dolphin are Convention resorts and they only offer the big discounts to fill blocks of rooms that would otherwise go empty when they have high availability.

Dave

Is there anywhere at Swan or Dolphin to get coffee early (like 6am)? Is there free coffee in the lobby? Is there a QS open that early to buy a cup?

I booked the AAA package rate, with the $50 service credit. Do we need to charge food or something to the room to use that credit or will $50 just come off our total room charge? Also, is there a place to purchase the right size coffee pods? I think I've read that the ones on Amazon are smaller? Thanks so much!

I am looking at booking a trip for maybe next April. I was looking at Swan and Dolphin, at packages through Disney. I am assuming the resort fees are on top of the price I'm seeing but I don't see anything that tells me this. I am sure I could save more by booking through somewhere else but I was hoping to book something refundable (including tickets) and either pay in CAD (obviously not the case here) or with Disney Giftcards as that saves me 3% over paying by credit card (exchange fees :( ). The price I'm seeing for Dolphin is between CSR & CBR so very reasonable for the location especially. If there are resort fees (that's per room yes?) then it's another $390 for the 10 night trip I am looking at, still reasonable price difference really but I just want to be prepared I guess?

Is the resort fee on top of what I pay when I book through Disney? Thanks.
I booked the Dolphin through Disney for 7 nights (9.18 - 9.25). Added 6-day base tix for 2. If I deduct the cost for the tix + tax, the resort only total cost is $2,352.36. No add’l fees.

Editing to add: I forgot about the dining cards I added. Removing that from my package and that makes the room only portion $2,212.36.

Last edited:
Yes this is normally the Marriott dynamic pricing engine at work or an error when they are doing maintenance. In the case of the dynamic pricing engine as room inventory drops the prices go up for the remaining rooms.

So if there is a convention or business group meeting and there a limited number of available rooms even if they are the lower tier rooms the rates may be nuts like your experience where saw rates above $1100 per night.

A group may have a large block of rooms on hold or it could just be one night that has limited availability. Are you looking at the rate per night or the average price for the entire week?

You can just keep checking and the group may still cancel or release any rooms that their group did not book by their booking window.

You can see some examples on this page but the week of July 12th does not show as sold out: https://swandolphin.com/value-days/

Note: The Swan & Dolphin are Convention resorts and they only offer the big discounts to fill blocks of rooms that would otherwise go empty when they have high availability.

Dave
I'm thinking it must be a large convention that week because my total for 6 nights starting July 12 that I booked a few weeks ago is $1849, which I am really happy with. If I had waited until now to book the same 6 nights, the total would be $8022. Glad I didn't wait to book!

My older teens like the magic bands that have your tickets and room charging. I know if we choose Swan/Dolphin we can't do room charging but can we still have bands with tickets (and possible future FP) on them?

I have a room booked at the Dolphin the week of July 12 that I reserved through the Marriott site a couple of weeks ago. I booked a AAA rate for $239 per night. I just checked the rates for that same week and now the same room is going for over $1100 per night. That seems crazy. Curiosity got the better of me so I started checking every week from now through the end of summer and that is the only week with crazy high rates. Every other week rooms are going for anywhere from $180 to around $300ish. Does anybody know if there is something going on there that week? I'm sure glad I locked in my rate when I did!

I booked four nights (AAA rate) in October two weeks ago and saw last week the prices drop a bit, so I modified. I keep checking every couple days to see if that might happen again. Imagine my surprise when I looked yesterday and the total price had doubled for the same days. Granted, I did not look and see if it was just one night or not causing the issue, I only looked at the total. Glad I booked already if those rates don't drop.

My older teens like the magic bands that have your tickets and room charging. I know if we choose Swan/Dolphin we can't do room charging but can we still have bands with tickets (and possible future FP) on them?

Yes, during our Swan stay we used our magic bands for park entry and photopass with no trouble.

Yes. We stayed at Swan last week and brought magic bands from a prior trip with us. At the Swan Disney gift shop one of the employees linked the bands to our tickets.

I'm thinking it must be a large convention that week because my total for 6 nights starting July 12 that I booked a few weeks ago is $1849, which I am really happy with. If I had waited until now to book the same 6 nights, the total would be $8022. Glad I didn't wait to book!
My daughter competed last week in a local dance competition and what did a spy in the program but the finals are being held at the Swan starting on the day we check out.

Attachments

• 6A43BCBB-15EC-4B32-BBEE-B52DAE6B69E8.jpeg
    6A43BCBB-15EC-4B32-BBEE-B52DAE6B69E8.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 26
Can you ship packages to the Dolphin? Not groceries, but other packages? I have a gift I want for my son while we’re there but apparently with the vagaries of shipping these days it wouldn’t arrive to our house before we leave but would arrive at the Dolphin the day before we arrive.

Just wanted to bump this up in hopes someone can answer😀.

Sorry I looked and could not find the answer. Can you leave your bags for them to deliver to your room if you get there hours before check in?

I'm finding hotel rates ALL over the place for July, not just Orlando. I'm headed down to Maryland in July for a long weekend, and the hotel I'm staying at has been anywhere from just under a hundred dollars a night to just over $200.

How are the pools these days? If all of the loungers are already taken at the pool, where do you put your things while you’re in it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter