Warning - NOT allowed to use available dining credits at Yachtman Steakhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask.....I thought that all the credits were pooled per reservation, and there was no splitting hairs, so to speak, as to what type of credits they were..adult vs. child. And that was why people were paying OOP for the kids meals and using the credits only for the pricey adult meals. And that only one person had to show their room card, since the credits were pooled to begin with. So, I guess I'm confused. Has something changed or is Disney starting to crack down?? Just want to be sure I understand what the rules are. I realize what it says about not transferring, etc. but we all know that the rules have been stretched (not going to get into the right vs wrong thing). So...is this going to go the way of the hopper passes or the AP passholder rates? People did buy the 7 day hoppers and then allow everyone in the family to use them, regardless of the non-transferral rule on the backside. And people did book the discount rates with a child's AP (and Disney never said boo for a very long time). But, now those situations have been addressed. I wonder if we are seeing a change to the DDP. I have no problem with a change, but everyone should be on the same page, at all the restaurants. And when the customer askes about the proceedure, all the CM's should be talking the same talk.

goofy4tink said:
I have to ask.....I thought that all the credits were pooled per reservation, and there was no splitting hairs, so to speak, as to what type of credits they were..adult vs. child. And that was why people were paying OOP for the kids meals and using the credits only for the pricey adult meals. And that only one person had to show their room card, since the credits were pooled to begin with. So, I guess I'm confused. Has something changed or is Disney starting to crack down?? .

Right now, the credits are pooled but I have no doubt that Disney will be cracking down. So those of you who are planning on using little Suzybob's credits for your dinner, you may want to have a "Plan B" ;)

goofy4tink said:
So...is this going to go the way of the hopper passes or the AP passholder rates? .

I think we'll see a distinct change in just how much people are able to get away with. That's why they put the pass biometric scans on each pass. CM's do read these boards & are well aware of the things that people are getting away with. One by one, we'll see the loopholes disappear.....

goofy4tink said:
I have no problem with a change, but everyone should be on the same page, at all the restaurants. And when the customer askes about the proceedure, all the CM's should be talking the same talk.

Exactly! Not everyone is trying to scam Disney (most people aren't). BUT, when you have a person that is new to Disney (or the DP) and they hear that yes, you can use child credits or you can treat your family, they think it is ok. They plan their trip with that knowledge, only to be told something different when they try to do that. I am willing to bet that if the OP had been told during the first part of the trip what was allowed then this situaton wouldn't have happened.

Disney is a large place, but don't the CM's receive training? They should ALL be told what the rules are. Do they not see a manager/supervisor when they report to work? It's very simple to explain the rules to them and have everyone on the same page. Is that too much to ask?

Tink10 said:
One by one, we'll see the loopholes disappear.....

I hope that does happen. There shouldn't be any loopholes and all CMs should be able to clearly explain the rules to everyone.

DisneyGirl4188 said:
Exactly! Not everyone is trying to scam Disney (most people aren't). BUT, when you have a person that is new to Disney (or the DP) and they hear that yes, you can use child credits or you can treat your family, they think it is ok. They plan their trip with that knowledge, only to be told something different when they try to do that. I am willing to bet that if the OP had been told during the first part of the trip what was allowed then this situaton wouldn't have happened.

Disney is a large place, but don't the CM's receive training? They should ALL be told what the rules are. Do they not see a manager/supervisor when they report to work? It's very simple to explain the rules to them and have everyone on the same page. Is that too much to ask?

Personally I don't think as many CMs are leading guest astray as we are lead to believe on these forums. I think guests are getting wrong information here and on other Net forums and taking that as policy.

I emailed Disney communications and specificially asked could I save child credits and purchase adults meals and I was told NO, I posted the email and some immediately picked it apart as not being accurate as adult credits and children's credits do not exist. Personally I think that was just a way of trying to justify the creative use.

As Bicker said earlier just because guests have found a loophole and use it and not been stopped, never meant it was official policy to do so. It meant it was a loophole that had not been closed.

Many will try and justify this by saying Disney would change it, if they cared. Change is slow coming to Disney. Unless you work for them or have close friends that do, you truly can not know how slow that is. Just ask Tink10.

Sammie said:
And those that tried to use it correctly will be inconvenienced because of those that didn't. :sad2:

That's my biggest fear. This is the first dining plan I can afford to book. I believe the other plans were $60.00+ per night.:sad2:

Without the dining plan, my son and I will have to go back to doing 1 maybe 2 table service meals per trip. We would be forced to go back to ordering the cheapest items on the menu and skipping desserts to keep the cost down.

The MYW dining plan has allowed us to try restaurants that were not an option in the past. While using the dining plan we skip desserts because we're full, not because I'm watching each dollar.

I really hope the "these are my credits, I can use them any way I see fit" crowd doesn't ruin this plan for the rest of us.

DisneyGirl4188 said:

I agree that the majority of people are not trying to get away with something.....But, instead of putting the blame on WDW, let's turn the tables & place some blame on those who bent the rules in the first place......Had they not "gotten away" with something & then posted it on the internet, then nobody would have any expectations of like treatment & this whole thing would be a non-issue.

CM's are very well trained but as I said before, they often go out of their way to make the guests happy, without any thanks or acknowledgement whatsoever.

Seriously, if people just planned their dining experiences by exactly what's written in the DDP brochure, then they wouldn't be setting themselves up for disappointment. If a CM allows a guest a little something extra, then it should be thought of as a bit of Disney magic........ :wizard:

disneyjunkie said:
That's my biggest fear. This is the first dining plan I can afford to book. I believe the other plans were $60.00+ per night.:sad2:

Without the dining plan, my son and I will have to go back to doing 1 maybe 2 table service meals per trip. We would be forced to go back to ordering the cheapest items on the menu and skipping desserts to keep the cost down.

The MYW dining plan has allowed us to try restaurants that were not an option in the past. While using the dining plan we skip desserts because we're full, not because I'm watching each dollar.

I really hope the "these are my credits, I can use them any way I see fit" crowd doesn't ruin this plan for the rest of us.

I am sending you a PM, that will make you feel better about this situation, check your box. :thumbsup2

Your mailbox is full.

Personally, I am not intending on any sort of "creative use" of the plan. It is DH and myself and we will use are credits for us alone. I did ask a CM via phone and was told that the credits are pooled and can be used as I see fit; I am waiting for the email response to compare.

My whole point was that many receive misinformation, either through CM's themselves or messages boards. I am ONLY speaking for people that unknowingly are planning "creative use", not the people that are intentionally trying to scam the system.

I guess I try to see the good in people and trust that they aren't trying to get over.

I do have a good understanding of the dining plan credits (my questions are just about what food is allowed; I am working on getting the answers).

My original response to the OP just said what I thought my have happened and that I thought the manager was rude. I didn't want to get in a huge debate over right and wrong, so I will be stepping away.

DisneyGirl4188 said:
Personally, I am not intending on any sort of "creative use" of the plan. It is DH and myself and we will use are credits for us alone. I did ask a CM via phone and was told that the credits are pooled and can be used as I see fit; I am waiting for the email response to compare.

My whole point was that many receive misinformation, either through CM's themselves or messages boards. I am ONLY speaking for people that unknowingly are planning "creative use", not the people that are intentionally trying to scam the system.

I guess I try to see the good in people and trust that they aren't trying to get over.

I do have a good understanding of the dining plan credits (my questions are just about what food is allowed; I am working on getting the answers).

My original response to the OP just said what I thought my have happened and that I thought the manager was rude. I didn't want to get in a huge debate over right and wrong, so I will be stepping away.

I did not mean to imply you were, I was sure you were not. But if you read these boards often, many truly are trying to get one over Disney and the plan. With 2 adults in your plan you should have no problem using and enjoying the plan. I have friends that work in Dining, if you don't get answers about what food is allowed, please let me know and I will see if I can find out for you.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. :thumbsup2

DisneyGirl4188 said:

I too try to see the good in people.....many many times a day ;) and really, I didn't inted to get into a huge debate today.....I just think that people need to look at every situation from both sides.

Have a wonderful vacation & let us know about all of the wonderful things that you eat! :wizard:

There is no such thing as an adult or child credit. If you saved credits from another meal and it was questioned, I would have a real problem! Let's stick with the facts!

5DisneyNuts said:
There is no such thing as an adult or child credit. Let's stick with the facts!

Nobody's disputing that....RIGHT NOW there is no distinction between the two......

Anyone want to put a little wager on when they will start to differentiate the two? ;)

Sammie said:
I did not mean to imply you were, I was sure you were not. But if you read these boards often, many truly are trying to get one over Disney and the plan. With 2 adults in your plan you should have no problem using and enjoying the plan. I have friends that work in Dining, if you don't get answers about what food is allowed, please let me know and I will see if I can find out for you.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. :thumbsup2

I've been in and out of this debate and , oh well, here we go again. I don't see this as does or doesn't Disney want the plan to run this way. Facts are the credits are pooled. I don't think anyone can argue agasnt that. Facts are that people have been able to be creative in how they use DDP. Facts are that some reliable people have stated that Disney did not intend the plan to be this way. Well the ball is in Disney's court. Change the rules, close the so called loopholes. Until then people should use DDP to the fullest. I'm sorry but it's Disney's responsibility to institute it's programs and offers, not the consumers. That being said I believe this manager was doing his job. The card stated 3A, 1C. and that is what should have been allowed for that dinner. Now the OP probably could have asked for two checks and presented her card for one check and used DH's for the other check and not had a problem. But this is for Disney to fix. Until they deem it worthwhile to make changes I say be has creative as possible and let Disney worry about Disney.

melomouse said:
There were physically 4 adults sitting at your table and one child, and it did not match your card.

But what if the adults didn't use their credits earlier in the week? They would still be listed as available, regardless of the number in the party. The receipt lists only TS credits available and if the number matches what you are claiming, there shouldn't be a discussion.

5DisneyNuts said:
There is no such thing as an adult or child credit. If you saved credits from another meal and it was questioned, I would have a real problem! Let's stick with the facts!

So if you had 3 adults booked and was trying to use the plan to feed 4 adults, you would have a problem with the manager saying no? :confused3

Why should anyone be able to use the plan for more than the number of people booked on the package?

[/QUOTE] Anyone want to put a little wager on when they will start to differentiate the two? ;)[/QUOTE]

Sure I'll wager, but until then, there is no difference. I'm not saying what I think is right or wrong, only what is right now.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter