• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Watson's Very Merry 24 nighter TR. Day 11

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Day 11

I didn't sleep very well as the cold I had was really taking hold of me :( I felt like death. Sy went to get some breakfast from the lounge and left me in the room. He brought some back for me to eat in bed, love him!

Now it was daylight I had to take a pic of my new pretty bag to send to my mum...

I was going a bit stir crazy by about 11:30 and the pull of the parks was too much to bare! Hello it had been DAYS since we last stepped foot inside a Disney park... So still feeling weak I dragged on some clothes and we headed to Animal Kingdom. First stop was in Starbucks to pick up one of the new AK mugs for Sy and a Christmas one for Ali back home. I did like the little Christmas tree versions but oh my they were soooo expensive!! I didn't like them that much to pay all that for them...

We then went to ride/watch it's tough to be a bug. I always feel rushed walking in as there are people right behind us so I never get to take in all of the animals along the queue line. I wanna try taking my time next trip and get some pics, I'll just keep telling people to go around us. I feel like I'm missing out!

As always, we ended up sat near a child who screamed pretty much from when it started. This time the child was seriously upset/scared and screaming blue murder. It was sat right next to me. The parents however were not moving and missing the show. The CM came to ask if they needed to go out but they said no :O in the end someone else in their party took the child outside. I mean come on, not only is that awful for the poor child who wasn't just screaming for attention but genuinely petrified but it's not fair on everyone else who's waited in line and was in the show. I dunno, maybe I was grumpy cause I felt poorly too, but boy I was miffed with those parents lol.

Afterwards it looked like it might rain so we decided to head out, plus I really was feeling like death still. In the weeks leading up to the trip I kept reading about people coming down with norovirus in Disney and I was SO scared of getting it (it can end up with me being hospitalised) so tbh really I did well just to get this nasty cold thing.

It started to rain on the way out :( we didn't get too wet as it wasn't like the normal summer storms but just a bit of light rain, something we aren't used to in Florida lol. We decided to head over to publix to get some lunch, Sy wanted a big sub! I got some chicken tenders and then made our way back to the hotel.

Emma, Scott and their gorgeous little boy Mason were waiting to say hello to us. We sat outside on the outlook for a while waiting for the rain to go away. Lea, Alexander and Luas came over to say hello too! They didn't have much planned for the afternoon so thought they would come over to see the animals. When the rain had gone we went down to get some loungers by the pool. As it wasn't busy we asked if Mason could go swimming (they were staying in another Disney hotel) and they said yes so Sy and Scott went to get Mason's swimming stuff from their hotel while the rest of us lazed by the pool chatting.

The boys came back and took Mason swimming while we lazed and chatted some more... Well that's not exactly true, we did go watch Mason swimming lol. Sadly the rain decided to come back so the swim was cut short and we headed back up to our room so Mason could get dried off and changed :)

We didn't hang about in the room for too long, Mark was taking Sy to see the basketball tonight and Carrie and I were off shopping and for dinner.

We went over to Carrie and Mark's house and the boys went off pretty much right away. Carrie and I headed to do some shopping! We went to JoAnn's (yes I was looking for yet more Disney fabric haha), kirkmans and a few other home stores. There was one shop which stocked British foods and omg the prices were eye watering! $20 for a £1.50 box of mince pies! I did however buy some really nice mango black tea in there. I'm a black tea drinker (you can keep your green tea rubbish haha) and usually when you see fruit teas they are green teas so I buy black ones when I can find them, I'm currently working my way though Apple black tea from fortnum and Mason and these mango black teas. You don't even wanna know how much they were :-/ but they are lovely so I'm glad I got them. They weren't from the British section so no idea where to get the next lot, might have to take a trip back there in April ;)

It wasn't long before we started to need some food... We went to a Red Robin on Carrie's suggestion, a first for me. It was pretty good. I think I would have enjoyed it even more had I not been feeling like death still and dosed up on pain killers.

Carrie had some fish and chips, she nearly had Worcestershire sauce on her chips as the waiter had brought that out instead of vinegar – whoops!

I had some chicken tenders and sweet potato fries.

Total was $38 inc hearty tip. I paid as the basketball tickets were really good seats Carrie got through work, they were $110 each face value! Sy bought dinner for him and Mark as well as a thank you.

After dinner Carrie and I went into Cracker Barrel next door where I bought some more Christmas decorations (like I need anymore of those!!). To be fair, I didn't spend a huge amount of money while out shopping today - Carrie was shocked haha, think my heart wasn't in it cause of being poorly.

We then headed back to Carrie's house and arrived about 2 minutes before the boys got back - good timing eh?

We sat and had a couple of drinks with Carrie and Mark but we didn't stay too late. I did get some cuddles with this little beauty though...

That's Alfie. Isn't he handsome?!

We headed back to the hotel and I took poorly again in the car, I had the shakes so bad :( blooming hate being poorly! I tried having a hot shower to counter act it but it didn't help so I just got into bed and closed my eyes hoping for sleep. Finally drifted off about 12:30.

I hate ending on a depressing note, so to skip forward to the next morning... The shakes had gone by then and I saw Neil Patrick Harris in the club lounge! Pics to follow ;)

And till then here are a couple of Sy's pics from the evening...

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/D082F15C-4668-422E-B490-CE7696BA1655_zpsyohuaiy2.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/C435BA35-E26D-4B2B-893B-01A3C2664B75_zps5eobbtlx.jpg.html][/URL]

Yes. These are the pictures my pervy husband took hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! To be fair he did take pics of other parts of the game too...

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/AE70D663-3803-4875-846F-4201FE5EF2D2_zpswdllvixf.jpg.html][/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter