• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Watson's Very Merry 24 nighter TR. Day 19 - shopping and HS

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Today was an exciting day as Jan was flying in! Jan -for those who may not know- is who I went on a girly week long trip last Feb/March with. I say went on, really I gate crashed her solo trip and forced her to extend it by a few days hehehe. So today I was feeling very excited to see her <3 she didn't get in till tonight though so I still had a few hours to wait.

And what to do when you need to pass some time? Well you go shopping of course!! Louis had the day off so we picked him up after a quick breakfast and made our way to the premium outlets at the top of International Drive.

Poor boys, I dragged them up and down that shopping centre hahaha. They refurbished Disney outlet had just opened so we had a look in there, plus bath and bodyworks, Ugg, Victoria secrets, Aldo, Yankee candle, Ralph Lauren, Gap.... The list goes on. The boys left me to it in the end and went looking at boy shops hehehe.

Sy found his new Christmas outfit while we were there.

And I found these highly amusing hand sanitisers hahahahaha

Sy saw his next luggage purchase - how cool were these from samsonite?!

We started to get hungry mid afternoon so we left and went to find some food. We were right by a Sweet Tomatoes so of course we had to eat there, it's a favourite of Louis' too.

$10 each roughly with a voucher I had on an email. It's a total bargain for what you get. We were soooo full when we left (still managed a worlds smallest ice cream each though lol).

We decided to head back to Disney and go to Hollywood studios! Woohoo! It was getting dark now though and after dark it gets cold at this time of year so we popped back to AKL for me to get changed and grab Sy a jumper. Louis told us we were wimps though and said he was fine in his tshirt and shorts lol.

Back at the hotel I ran in with all the shopping. I quickly got changed and went back towards the car, via the club lounge.... I wanted to grab a drink each to take with us ;) it had nothing to do with it being spicy Durban chicken day... Honest.

Erm, whoops.

Hahahahaha how I had room for it I don't know but I couldn't miss it could I?! Hehehe

We then made our way over to HS.

We went to ride ToT first with the first Fastpass. We stopped on sunset Blvd to get a quick picture on the way.

This was Louis ride when he worked in DLP so it's a favourite for him too :)

Then the boys went to ride Rockin' Rollercoaster. Sadly it makes me feel sick now :( so I say it out and went to the character dance party near the exit of ToT. It was so cool! Loads of characters and hardly any people! I did a bit of Periscoping from inside and then felt a bit weird cause I was on my own and it looked like I was just videoing a load of kids :-O so I decided to stop that hahaha. I stayed there till it closed and just as I was walking out the boys arrived back.

This was their picture...

Now the park was shut (it closed at 8pm tonight) we made our way over to the Osborne spectacle of lights. I had heard this little bit of info about going after the park shuts as its not as crowded, they were right too, it was very manageable.

We stayed for a little bit and grabbed some pictures.

Jan had now arrived woohoo! So we went to pick her up from Pop. The boys dropped me off at pop and left me to find her while they went to put gas (petrol) in the car. Jan had brought Sy some chips (crisps) down bless her! He loved the maple bacon pretzel pieces from schniders but they had stopped making them :( so Jan bought him some exclusive chips from her hometown instead (they didn't make it back to the uk lol Sy finished before we left Disney!).

I went with Jan to the food court to try and get a resort mug but you can't buy them for a couple of days use now, only the length of stay ones which are a crazy pice if you're only here for a few days. A lovely CM gave Jan a normal cup for a drink tonight though instead, what a lovely bit of Disney Magic! So Jan grabbed a Sprite and then we headed out front. I messaged both boys and told them we would meet them at reception.

We had time for a quick pic :D girls back together again! Yay!

The boys found us and we then made our way over to BLT for the fireworks :D we arrived about 15 mins before they started so we stood around inside trying to escape the cold (of course everyone else had the same idea so it was pretty rammed!), we then ran outside just as they were starting.

We managed to see a bit of the water pageant as well in the distance.

We were all a bit ravenous now, so we headed back down to the car and decided to try and find food. We tried a few chain places at the crossroads but they were all about to close :( the only place that might be open still was either a fast food place or steak and shake. Well you can guess where we chose lol.

We were shown to a table for four, we perused the menu for a while and then decided what to order. I of course went for my usual chicken tenders and fries lol. Jan had a hot dog I think and the boys both had burgers. Considering the time of night, it was pretty busy in there!

The food arrived a little while later and was very nice for the price ;)

We paid up at the counter and made our way home. It was nearly midnight by now :O we dropped Louis home first and then Jan. We had plans to meet up the next day again of course with Jan, Louis was working so we would see him again later in the trip.

We finally arrived back at AKL at 12:30am, we completely fell into bed!

(Thanks to Jan for some of the pics today!)

Really enjoying your TR! Great pics and a wonderful read.:flower1: I have never laughed so hard when I saw the hand sanitizers - please tell me what store they were in - they will make a great gag gift.

Jump00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter