• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Watson's Very Merry 24 Nighter TR. Day 20 - resort hopping and MVMCP

RobynPrincess

Looking around
We had a little bit of a lie in this morning after our late night, plus we knew it was going to be another late night due to mickey's very merry Christmas party! We got dressed leisurely and headed out to pick up Jan at 11. Jan just had a Christmas party ticket so this morning we were resort hopping around the Epcot resorts to look at all the pretty Christmas decorations <3

We decided to park at the Boardwalk and go from there.

We headed into the reception to have a look around.

Pics of the creepy chairs :O

Slightly less creepy...(just)

Afterwards we headed out and down to the Boardwalk. We wanted to look at the model DVC rooms there as they've been recently renovated, Jan is a new owner there and we have a week stay there in May so we wanted to have a nosey and check them out. Verdict? Really loving the new look! It really reminded me of the villas at the Grand Floridian, different but like it's been designed by the same people. We chatted with the DVC guide for a little while and then made our way out to the next resort...

We stopped outside to take some pics in the sunshine. The boardwalk was really pretty today, beautiful blue skies and hardly anyone around. It felt like we were the only people in the world.

Our next stop was in the Yacht Club.

We spent some time looking at the model village, I totally didn't know this was here! It's so cute.

We then walked through to the Beach Club. The carousel is pretty amazing! I don't think the pictures do it justice at all. And to think, all made of gingerbread!

Bonus points if you can find the hidden Robyn in this next picture lol

We then walked back to the car ready to head over to Old Key West for our late lunch at Olivia's :D

OKW reception and tree.

Yummy Olivia's menu.

Let's face it, there was only one reason we were eating here.... And that was for Sy to eat conch fritters! So Sy got them to start and shared with Jan. I skipped an appetiser.

For mains Sy went for the French dip, Jan went for the shrimp po boy and I had the chicken sandwich. All the food was lovely! Jan and Sy shared had a sandwich each, they loved them both. Sy said he couldn't pick a favourite so he needs Jan to go back with him so they can share again hehe

Sy of course had to try the key lime pie...

We paid the bill and made our way back outside to the car. We dropped Jan back at her hotel and headed back to AKL to do some washing and pack as tomorrow we were moving over to VGF. Sad to be leaving the club lounge but so excited to spend the last few night in our other home. <3

I managed to squeeze in time to wash my hair (no mean feat with this amount of hair!) we then got ready in our party outfits - yes we had special party outfits to wear, don't judge us haha! We were soon arriving at MK at around 6pm. Jan was already at the party seeing as she could get in from 4pm so we liaised by text and met up by the last Fastpass we had (we missed our first 2) which was a meet and greet with Cinderella and Rapunzel. Unintentionally Jan was actually wearing a tshirt the same colour as Sy and I so it was like we were almost all matching.

There was one meet and greet I really wanted to do at the party - one of my heroes is Scrooge McDuck and I've never met him before, well as soon as I found out he does meet and greets at the Christmas party I knew where I was lining up! So once we were out of the Princess meet that's where we were headed. We made a quick stop to get hot chocolate and as my notes say 'disgusting cookies' hahahaha and then we got in the mahoooooooosive queue :(

We chatted with the CM dealing with the queue line, she was from Australia and we bonded over how Americans get us confused (she's often asked if she's British and we are often asked if we are Australian). She was very sweet and it helped pass some of the time.

We were in the queue for 75 minutes :O had I known I might have been tempted to come back later but we were told it would only be about half hour/45 minutes. Oh well. It was worth it!

Lorraine who we met at the Dapper Darlin event was doing the party solo, she came to join us when we were nearly at the front and joined in with our pictures (I'm sure others waiting didn't mind, not like she made the queue line any longer as she joined us). Donald was so very taken with her, flirting away... Only Daisy wasn't seeing the funny side at all, Donald got a right telling off hahaha.

Next we decided to try out the dance party in cosmic rays... I'll save you all the bother in future. It was rubbish. Lol. We tried to have a little dance and get in the spirit (apart from our very own Scrooge who sat down with the bags at at table nearby).

Calling time on a bad decision we then went to find a spot for the fireworks. We got a spot in the rose garden where the Fastpasses usually are (were - sniff). We waited here for quite sometime... Jan went to get some corn dog nuggets from Casey's which she and Sy munched on while we waited which helped pass the time.

I must admit the fireworks were better from inside the party than at TOTWL. The finale is very good, but without it I don't know if I'd bother watching them again.

Afterwards we went over to liberty Square to get a spot for the parade, Lorraine said goodbye at this point to go off and do a few more meet and greets. Emma, Scott and Mason were at the Christmas party and they came to find us, they had actually watched the earlier parade but decided to stay and watch it again (after I watched it I could understand why!). Poor Mason slept through the whole party though, he had gone to sleep just as the party started and he stayed asleep the whole time! Shame he missed it but better than an overtired bubba.

The parade was fabulous! I dunno what I was expecting but I just loved it! I'm gutted the Christmas party this year starts the day we leave :(( #firstworlddisneyproblems

Uploading this next pic even though it's a bit rubbish cause I can't quite decide what the parade CM is doing to one of the skaters... Looks like she's hugging him? It keeps making me chuckle!

We were feeling the cold so we went to get some more hot chocolate nearby (skipping the cookies this time haha). We started to walk towards Tomorrowland and we then noticed that princess Tiana and Prince Naveen had no queue behind sleepy Hollow so we went in to meet them.

Prince naveen was challenging Scott to show off his muscles hehehe. They were a really good meet, they really spent time talking to us and didn't feel make us feel rushed or anything.

We carried on our way to tomorrowland, the guys and Emma went on space mountain while Jan and I watched Mason and caught a bit of the little show in tomorrowland. That show was way better than cosmic rays dance party, wish we'd seen that earlier (it was its final show now and we were worried about getting too close in case the loud noise woke Mason). I'd make time to go see it next time!

We then went to ride Buzz as there was no wait at all. Scott and Emma waited outside with Mason.

I'm not sure what was going on but Jan doesn't look too happy here lol

Sadly afterwards the park was closing :( boooo.

We stopped on the way out to get a few pictures on Main Street and then made our way out of the park and back to the car.

We arrived back at the hotel at 1:30am :O we did a last run around quickly packing the rest of our things and finally got into bed at 2am.

she came to join us when we were nearly at the front and joined in with our pictures (I'm sure others waiting didn't mind, not like she made the queue line any longer as she joined us)
I'm surprised, I've seen others try to let their friends in and either the CMs or other guests go absolutely bonkers at them for cutting in for a MK Party M&G!

It is a bit naughty really

I'm surprised, I've seen others try to let their friends in and either the CMs or other guests go absolutely bonkers at them for cutting in for a MK Party M&G!

It is a bit naughty really
We asked the cm near the front and she said it was no problem :)
Have you been enjoying my report? Not seen you comment on any other posts :)

We asked the cm near the front and she said it was no problem :)
Have you been enjoying my report? Not seen you comment on any other posts :)
Thats cool :) You got lucky with a CM!

Report has been really good to follow, so lucky doing 24 nights!

I love the parades wish they hadn't got rid of them at the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter