WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Are you staying at a resort that's not open? I haven't received the email at all but I'm staying at BLT.
I received it today and we’re at BLT. I was surprised to receive it after all this time and had me confused as we’re DVC and was getting the impression we werent going to get this Email (we’re after all the parks are open)

check your spam too...

Any luck? I was just told that I would have to wait until the 28th 😭
After spending 5 hours yesterday in a chat just getting my reservations linked and my Friends and Family list sorted I just didn't have it in me to try to buy tickets today. And now with what's happened with DLR I'm going to hold off indefinitely until I know for sure my trip is going to happen. But from what I've seen today I would've been out of luck even if I tried to buy tix.

Not to alarm anyone unnecessarily, but did you see last night's news?

"Disney is delaying the phased reopening of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, the company's flagship theme parks in California, the company said on Wednesday.
The resort, located in Anaheim, California, was set to welcome back guests on July 17 after being closed for months because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Disney (DIS) did not give a new reopening date for the Disneyland resort."

And some DW workers are petitioning for DW to delay opening given Florida's rising cases.

I received it today and we’re at BLT. I was surprised to receive it after all this time and had me confused as we’re DVC and was getting the impression we werent going to get this Email (we’re after all the parks are open)

check your spam too...
I was surprised to get the emails yesterday as well...split stays with my dvc pts...so 3 emails. For stays from 7/25-8/8. Also got the ship notice for our upgraded magic bands this morning!

"Disney is delaying the phased reopening of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, the company's flagship theme parks in California, the company said on Wednesday.
The resort, located in Anaheim, California, was set to welcome back guests on July 17 after being closed for months because of the coronavirus pandemic.

And some DW workers are petitioning for DW to delay opening given Florida's rising cases.
Not to derail this thread. The union for dl workers never gave the approval. The union for wdw has been pushing to reopen for a while, same way the governor and wdw management have agreed to look at hospitalization and death rates and not infected cases, to make their decision.
Obviously anything can happen at this point, but the ball is pretty much rolling to continue reopening as planned

I am obviously tracking the local cases (and associated positivity %) as it is even more of a focal point in our news. So even though the current status for WDW reopening has not changed, the latest numbers is very concerning.

CA announced the state wasn't going to approve the reopening plan until 7/4. That doesn't give DL/DCA enough time to prepare for the planned opening date IF approval is given. In CA that is definitely not a sure thing. FL gave their tacit approval right away, then the formal approval before UO opened.

Not to say I'm not worried about the WDW opening being delayed - I am.

July 19 check in- no magicband shipment email. No biggie, probably will just be shipped to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter