WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I’m disappointed in the policy regarding annual passes. I had planned a trip very deliberately a year in advance to coincide with spring break and my pass expiration date. Simply extending the pass for a few weeks during a time I cannot go does not make up for it. It feels like regular ticket holders are getting a much better deal than AP holders.
Same here. We planned an 8 night trip for this week before our pass expires in May.
Rescheduling vacation for May at this point is not likely to happen.

The HUB (internal CM site) just updated their FAQ for CP
FAQs - For Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Programs, Disney Cultural Exchange Program, Disney Academic Exchange and International Guest Relations
Why is my program ending early and why can’t I stay in housing?

The safety and well-being of our Cast is of paramount importance. We’ve taken into consideration the most up-to-date guidance from local and national agencies and medical advisors, and believe this to be the best option.
I am receiving school credit for my program. How will this impact that?
Your program will be considered successfully completed. Please contact your school with any questions regarding credit.
Am I allowed to stay in Disney Programs housing until my original program end date?
No. We are closing many of the Disney Program housing complex buildings and are requiring these participants, including International Cast Members in Guest Relations, to collect their belongings and leave by March 18 at 11 a.m. If you have a specific situation, please see the Disney Service Center.
Will I be paid?
You will be paid through the end of the month. This will be available on your Payment Card by the end of the week. In addition, weekly housing deductions will be waived effective immediately.
I reside in my own housing. Will my program be impacted?
Yes – all Disney College Programs, Disney Culinary Programs, Disney Cultural Exchange Program and Disney Academic Exchange Program will be ending on March 16. This also applies to International Cast Members in Guest Relations.
Will I be able to participate in a future College Program?
Yes. We will communicate any future opportunities to you as they become available.
Do I need to report to work between now and March 16?
As always, if you are feeling sick, stay home. Otherwise, you should report to work as scheduled.
Why are Disney Cultural Representatives able to continue their program and stay in Disney Programs housing?
Each of our programs is unique. At this time, our full-time Cast, including Walt Disney World Cultural Representatives will continue their programs.
Will I be able to participate in a future College Program?
Yes. We will communicate any future opportunities to you as they become available.
Can I transfer to part time or full time?
Interested participants are welcome to apply for opportunities with Disney in the future.
Will the Disney College Program come back next semester?
Yes. New arrivals for the Disney College Program are planned to resume in May 2020.
I am scheduled to start a Fall or Fall Advantage program in a few months. What are my options?
New arrivals for the Disney College Program are planned to resume in May 2020.
WDW CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVES
Will any Programs events or classes still occur?

Until further notice, all programs events and classes have been suspended.
How long will Walt Disney World Resort theme parks be closed? / When will the theme parks reopen?
We are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance and will remain closed through the end of the month. We will continue to follow their recommendations. We will announce a reopening date as soon as it is advisable
Will I have to move?
Our teams are evaluating current placement, and will be sharing more information regarding possible moves soon.
I am a Cultural Representative. Is my program ending early?
Your program may continue as scheduled. However, if you choose to depart your program early, you will be given a successful program completion.
Will I be getting paid through the end of the month?
We have two groups of Cultural Representatives; some are Disney Cast and others are third-party. While we will continue to pay our Walt Disney World Cultural Representatives through the end of the month, decisions on pay are up to the individual employer.
Will I still have to pay my housing fees if I am out of work due to theme park closures?
Housing fee deductions will continue as usual.

Thanks for posting this - my dd is to upset to give me any useful information :) It looks like as of now the next wave of CP's isn't affected and I would imagine since she was extended for another semester (till July 27) she would fall into that accepted category.

No one knows exactly how long WDW will close, but I highly doubt that it will be for several months.

A virus that is circulating and rapidly multiplying through the public cannot be contained. Officials are trying to slow the spread by closing everything, but the genie is already out of the bottle, and the virus is going to be with us for the foreseeable future. They're trying to mitigate the worst effects, but there is no controlling this force of nature.

I don't think WDW and everything else in society is going to stay paralyzed for the next several months the way it is currently. Society is in panic-mode right now, but after a month or so, things will likely go back towards normal for two main reasons:
  1. If not, it will cause a full-on depression (not just a recession)
  2. People will begin realizing that the virus is already widespread (including among people they know), yet most people aren't dying or even getting seriously ill. At that point, the panic response will abate, and people will get fed up with the onerous restrictions on their lives.
Just have to say, I love your response!

I just got this email from UT (below).
I have not tried to contact them about our May trip tickets yet, as we're still in the "wait and see" mode.

"COVID-19 - Our commitment to help you during this unprecedented time
Please know we will take care of you during this unprecedented time!

We have been helping customers for 20 years and have a brand that stands for service. Our trusted partners have emergency policies in place. We are working with impacted customers as quickly as we can. If you are trying to reach us, we will be with you today, within a few hours. We ask that you please wait to contact us if your travel plans are more than 7 days out.
Due to the Global Pandemic, we are swamped with tens of thousands of calls and emails and fewer employees than normal to handle this influx, due to illness and social distancing responsibilities. The fantastic employees we do have are away from their families, exhausted and trying to help some understandably frustrated and scared customers. We will take care of you!
Many people have been patient and understanding but we ask for your support. We want to help you but can’t if our team members quit due to exhaustion or abuse. Please, we are here to help and we will but we are struggling due to the Global Pandemic. Many rules have been relaxed by the parks so we are trying our best and will help you today.
We really appreciate you spreading the word. Positive reviews on Facebook and sharing our brand with your friends and colleagues really do make a difference for us.
mail

Thank you from the whole Frog Family!
"

I’m really curious how they are going to entice those countries to send workers over after this. And also how they are going to be staff quickly when it is time to reopen. Getting a visa isn’t a short process. What does this mean for World Showcase going forward. Seems like really short-sighted planning.
I think it was probably the wisest thing to do under extraordinary circumstances. The situation is fluid and changes almost hourly ... imagine all those kids there without really knowing when or if they may be able to go home. There has been talk about restricting domestic travel ... I frankly would want my child home!

I'm curious and after reading 55 pages didn't see the answer (apologies if I skimmed past it). For people who arrived in WDW before the announcement, what was your experience? I know tickets were changed so they won't expire, but did you have the option of getting a hotel credit if you chose to leave? I am just genuinely curious for future events, I know how they handle things for one day closures, but this is all new.

We were there and left when they announced the closure for today. Our room and tickets ran from March 7th - 14th, so we would have left yesterday regardless, but left on Friday morning. We received a text stating that anyone on site that wanted to leave early could, and would get credit for the room left and extended tickets till the 15th of December. I am sure it is fluid and may change, but that is what we were told.

I didn't even know that Undercover Tourist sold the after hours tickets. Will order from them from now on. I am still waiting on my refunds from Disney on the after hours tickets I purchased for my March dates. Still nothing :(

I’m disappointed in the policy regarding annual passes. I had planned a trip very deliberately a year in advance to coincide with spring break and my pass expiration date. Simply extending the pass for a few weeks during a time I cannot go does not make up for it. It feels like regular ticket holders are getting a much better deal than AP holders.
Concur. I was doing my last trip on Tuesday for 8 park days, I expire the following week. I live in CA, I can’t just plan a whole other trip with two weeks notice! I counted on getting this trip in when I bought the pass!

I emailed guest services and they just said the situation is still changing and they hope to have updates soon. Imho they don’t know what they’re gonna do about people like us who will be out hundreds of dollars trying to reschedule our trips because we’ve lost our tickets.

This. I didn't want to be the first to make a post like this after reading posts about folks saying "when things get back to normal". Whatever you thought of as "normal" in the past may be gone. There will certainly be a new "normal" established for WDW going forward. At this point we don't know what that is yet.
Not sure if this will be definitely true. They have to put out a good product to keep the business going strong. Continuing to cut more and decrease the value for a family further may do more damage than the money they will save. I hope they are thinking on these lines.

Our arrival date is 04/01, we have one day Epcot tickets 04/02 and villains’ tickets 04/03.

Not going. Any experiences with refunds after March 31?

Just wondering.

That's really unfortunate. I didn't have any issues like that. I simply told them I cancelled my DisneyWorld trip since it will be closed and i need a refund on my Cirque tickets too since we won't be going to Orlando. She processed it immediately without any pushback. It hasn't shown up on my card yet, but I did receive a confirmation email showing the cancellation so I don't expect any issues getting the refund.

I called the night DisneyWorld closure was announced so maybe I just got in early before they began getting bombarded with cancellation calls and developed a plan to deal with them.
Cirque is very popular with the locals so im sure they can fill the seats, definitely call again on Monday
So say you had Covid-19, how would they see the note? They want you to deliver it in person?
Sitting here doing nothing so I figured why not call again? On the phone less than 3 minutes total including wait time. FULL REFUND!!!

IDK if customer service got new info or I just got the right person, but I was told I will get the money back in 7-10 days and a cancellation e-mail within 20 minutes. What a relief!

That's when when my trip starts too. I am thinking more like 70/30 towards WDW being closed than 50/50. Right now I'm thinking about what dates I should change the plans to. I'm a teacher so the summer works, or Labor Day. I'm worried though that with all the cancelations and re-bookings, the latter half of 2020 will be packed!

I just now booked the first week of June as a contingency plan. My husband has to put in for all of his vacations at the beginning of the year, so he arbitrarily chose that week with nothing planned.

I agree the fall will be packed because of this.

Just fyi, apparently booking online for future dates has been disabled. I was trying to look at fall dates and it wouldn't let me.

Just fyi, apparently booking online for future dates has been disabled. I was trying to look at fall dates and it wouldn't let me.

It appears to just be a temporary glitch. I have this message at the top of room selection pages:
  • Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter