WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Has anyone “downgraded”? Since we can’t get YC, thinking of just switching ( if possible) over to CBR if we can. I mean, at least we would save some $$....hopefully, lol.

When I try to book more than three days using my Annual Pass for a one week long trip, I do not get the "no availability" message others have mentioned. I get a message that my Disney Park Pass Limit has been reached and that I need to contact 407-939-7917 if I believe I have valid admission for this park or date.

When I try to book more than three days using my Annual Pass for a one week long trip, I do not get the "no availability" message others have mentioned. I get a message that my Disney Park Pass Limit has been reached and that I need to contact 407-939-7917 if I believe I have valid admission for this park or date.
that’s what I get too

I have tried calling throughout the day to see if I can change my 5 day PH to 7 day single park tickets, but can never get a dial tone.

I called to add a day to my 7 day PH earlier today, but was told adding days is unavailable til new ticket sales resume later this summer. YMMV though; I've seen others in the ticket sticky claim they got days added to existing tickets

I wonder if they think those that already bought tickets + APs will fill the parks through the end of the year?
I think that is exactly what they are waiting to find out. They know how many tickets are out there, but with the extensions they no longer have any idea how many intend to use those tickets this summer, this fall, next year. I think WDW will look hard at the numbers after this initial week (maybe 2) of parks reservations is done, and decide if/how many more tickets can be sold. For the sake of many guests, i hope they will first offer 2020 tickets to those with current resrrvations so traveling parties can become “whole.”

I called to add a day to my 7 day PH earlier today, but was told adding days is unavailable til new ticket sales resume later this summer. YMMV though; I've seen others in the ticket sticky claim they got days added to existing tickets
I was able to add an extra day to my tickets yesterday. The CM that I got when I called had no idea how to do this, but I asked to be transferred to ticket sales and they were able to help me.

Yeah, it seems to be inconsistent, though i’d say more have not been successful at this point. It may be if the “right” CM with higher level access happens to answer the call.

Other websites are reporting that HS ran out around 2:15 this afternoon for the 15-16th.

I was curious so I checked and HS is showing available on those days. I couldn’t go beyond the calendar screen because I’ve exceeded my reservation allotment.

Wish I would have bought park tickets for my Nov 3 trip. Only have a resort reservation. I wonder if they think those that already bought tickets + APs will fill the parks through the end of the year? I wonder if I should book for early next year just in case I don't get tickets in Nov.

Also they think the people who have a full package booked for 2020 plus those with APs and also DVC members with seperate tickets already will fill it up. If you can go early 2021 might be a good idea to book a package when it opens June 28th. Worst case you are able to buy tickets later on in summer and can cancel the 2021 trip.

I think demand is lower than us fanatics think it is. Right now if I leave my state for states with elevated covid cases (not trying to go down that forbidden rabbit hole, I swear), I'm required to quarantine for 2 weeks by my job and take earned time. I can't telework instead (even though I'm exclusively teleworking right now). I'm sure I'm not the only person in the position of being required to quarantine if traveling far.

But 7/11 is also a weird date. It's a saturday and I'm sure a lot of people had already slated Friday 7/3 through Friday the 10th as their vacation week this year.

But those are probably conversations for different threads, rather than the group therapy of "why can't disney IT do anything right?" that is currently occurring. I'll be on the inevitable therapy thread when 2021 packages drop later this week....

I'd be a lot more worried about availability for Thanksgiving and Christmas week than I would worry about opening week. I expect most people want to wait for discounts, for fireworks, for lower rates, and better temperatures (especially with masks). July-August has been a relatively quiet time of year recently, so low demand anyway. Holidays seem like a more likely time for people to start traveling again.

Having trouble like many of you. Does anyone know--if I have four nights in a resort, can I only book four park days? Or can I book five (getting there early the first day). Not sure why I cannot book with AP tickets and resort reservations.

Having trouble like many of you. Does anyone know--if I have four nights in a resort, can I only book four park days? Or can I book five (getting there early the first day). Not sure why I cannot book with AP tickets and resort reservations.
4 nights should allow you 5 days, counting check-in and check-out. If you are asking about the day before check-in, I think you will have to wait and do that day on the 28th.

4 nights should allow you 5 days, counting check-in and check-out. If you are asking about the day before check-in, I think you will have to wait and do that day on the 28th.
Thanks. That's what I thought. The system is not allowing it at present.

Did you try your last day first? Some reported success with that. It does sound like APs are having difficulty today.
I got four days this morning. Now, going back to try and get the FIRST day after I realized my flight is coming in early that day. No luck--states that we have reached our limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter