WDW Event Swap: Due 11/7 - Update pg 29 post 429

I assume that we should just write this off and assume that we won't be getting this swap back. I know that this is very unfortunate circumstancs for the family, but I have to admit that I may not participate in another swap after this. I guess I hadn't really consider that something like this could happen. A delay or two I figured would happen as life happens, but I didn't expect to not get items swapped out. Of course I don't know exactly what is going on since we have not had an update since January. I understand that when your family is in an emergency this would be the least of your worries.

If you had checked the other thread mentioned in this thread, you would have seen rlovew post an update in mid-March

Shauna emailed today- well emailed me back as I had checked on how she was doing. She is headed into the hospital for a procedure that may very well end in surgery. She has been sick since January as Buiffy mentioned above and they have put this off as her immune system is at about 25% so she will be in a clean room with the surgery.

She wanted us to let everyone know she still has the swap stuff and wants to mail everything as soon as she can but right now she is not able to go out (and of course will be down a bit more with the surgery. Her husband is doing everything else for them and is the only one working as she is on a leave of absence and she hasn't felt like adding more for him to do.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers and know that while it might take awhile she will be mailing everything back- sorted out of course.

Rebecca

I am confident this swap will be returned, although the time frame is still very much up in the air.

I know there are few ladies out there who keep in contact with Shauna and I was wondering if you have heard from her lately and how she is doing. I know the last I heard was she was homebound, due to problems with her immune system and was going in for surgery. Her DH was working and taking care of the house. I know that was 2 or 3 months ago. Has anyone heard how she is doing now?

I was also thinking about this swap and how we could help her out. I got the idea from one of AWM post yesterday about if something happened to her she would have her DH mail everything to Nan. If someone keeps in contact with her (I no longer have her addy and she is not on the board, so a pm would not get answered) ask her if she would be okay with having her DH put all the swap stuff in a big box and use the money we sent to have it mailed back out(since they are probably watching their money with only her DH working), to help them out and to get all the stuff out of her house and clear some room for her and they she can have it mailed to me or anyone else and I can swap it out. Only thing is if everyone in the swap is okay with resending money to get it shipped back to them. It is a way to help her out and a way for us to receive our items.

So if anyone speaks to Shauna let her know of this idea and I will be gladly to take on the responsibility of getting all put together and sent out. This way she can get this out of her way. I hope my post will not offend anyone. It has been a long time, so maybe she needs a little hand out.

If some one does get a hold of her and she likes the idea and everyone in the swap is willing to send more money to me, so I could mail them out please let me know and I will send my addy to the person who talked to her or to her herself.

Thanks for reading and hopefully it is not to assertive of me to see how she is doing and to offer a helping hand.

Shawn

I know there are few ladies out there who keep in contact with Shauna and I was wondering if you have heard from her lately and how she is doing. I know the last I heard was she was homebound, due to problems with her immune system and was going in for surgery. Her DH was working and taking care of the house. I know that was 2 or 3 months ago. Has anyone heard how she is doing now?

I was also thinking about this swap and how we could help her out. I got the idea from one of AWM post yesterday about if something happened to her she would have her DH mail everything to Nan. If someone keeps in contact with her (I no longer have her addy and she is not on the board, so a pm would not get answered) ask her if she would be okay with having her DH put all the swap stuff in a big box and use the money we sent to have it mailed back out(since they are probably watching their money with only her DH working), to help them out and to get all the stuff out of her house and clear some room for her and they she can have it mailed to me or anyone else and I can swap it out. Only thing is if everyone in the swap is okay with resending money to get it shipped back to them. It is a way to help her out and a way for us to receive our items.

So if anyone speaks to Shauna let her know of this idea and I will be gladly to take on the responsibility of getting all put together and sent out. This way she can get this out of her way. I hope my post will not offend anyone. It has been a long time, so maybe she needs a little hand out.

If some one does get a hold of her and she likes the idea and everyone in the swap is willing to send more money to me, so I could mail them out please let me know and I will send my addy to the person who talked to her or to her herself.

Thanks for reading and hopefully it is not to assertive of me to see how she is doing and to offer a helping hand.

Shawn

I think thats a great idea. I have her real address and should write a letter and I have her phone #. My mom offered to pay for all the shipping if she sent it to her house and sort and resend it. If everyone doesn't want to pay shipping again, then I can have it sent to my house. I hope Shauna is OK. I will try to contact her if no one else has recently.

BAMB and I discussed this on her visit...when she arrives home she is going to touch base with her again and see what the status is... I know BAMB offered, I have offered and I believe Rebecca (rlovew) have all offered to take on the stuff if she would ship it on to us..... BAMB should be home by the weekend and I'll let her know you all have inquired again.... I sure wish CA was closer to IN because I'd just drive over and get the stuff myself...

I think thats a great idea. I have her real address and should write a letter and I have her phone #. My mom offered to pay for all the shipping if she sent it to her house and sort and resend it. If everyone doesn't want to pay shipping again, then I can have it sent to my house. I hope Shauna is OK. I will try to contact her if no one else has recently.

I would say if you have the time, contact her and see what you can find out... and than BAMB can follow up.... Really wish there was more I can do... :hug:

I dont know if this will help or not. But i will be in San Francisco in july. I am driving down and will be 1 hr 30 mins away from Shauna. I am willing to drive over there and pick them up and sort them out and ship to everyone. That way no one has to spend more money. Just an idea i thought i would throw out there.

I dont know if this will help or not. But i will be in San Francisco in july. I am driving down and will be 1 hr 30 mins away from Shauna. I am willing to drive over there and pick them up and sort them out and ship to everyone. That way no one has to spend more money. Just an idea i thought i would throw out there.

Wow that is very generious of you to do for everyone, Shauna included. It sounds like there are a lot of us who are willilng to help her out, hopefully she will take the help.

PN96 do you know why she never took you, BAMB or Rebecca up on your guys offer to help her out?

Wow that is very generious of you to do for everyone, Shauna included. It sounds like there are a lot of us who are willilng to help her out, hopefully she will take the help.

PN96 do you know why she never took you, BAMB or Rebecca up on your guys offer to help her out?

I wish I had a definite answer for you... I know they were having a rough go of things....
JohnsonsloveDisney, I will pass on this info to BAMB if that is okay with you.... maybe that would work for her...
I sure wish we could get a solution to this...

Funny, this is being brought up again this week. I actually e-mailed Shauna 2 days ago. But, I have not had a response back from her. It was just a brief friendly e-mail to try to open up communication again. I didn't discuss the swap.

I wish I had a definite answer for you... I know they were having a rough go of things....
JohnsonsloveDisney, I will pass on this info to BAMB if that is okay with you.... maybe that would work for her...
I sure wish we could get a solution to this...

Yes! by all means thats why i threw it out there. i will be there the 16th-20th of July so if that works for her.

Been txting with BAMB, and she'll pop in here to see what is being discussed and I'm sure she'll be happy to email too..

KK ~ thanks for emailing too!!! :) *BTW, I have your CJ and will get it done this weekend!!!*

Shauna insisted she had it under control and would get the stuff out when she could, then she went into the hospital again and it was all overwhelming for her DH.

I don't have her email on this laptop so could someone either forward it to me via PM or I'll email her when we get home.

JLD that is a very generous offer. Let me see if she will jump on it, or if she will mail it to me.

Hey everyone, while I wasn't in this swap, someone who was alerted me about it. I grew up in the same town as Shauna and would be willing to drive over and get everything when I'm out there next week.

BAMB: I'll PM you with my trip specifics. If anyone else is able to get a hold of her, she can even just box everything up and leave it on the front porch (provided she as one). Virgin America has a 70lb weight limit so I should be able to bring everything back without too much difficulty. I will then swap out it all out when I get back.

Let me know. :-)

Shauna insisted she had it under control and would get the stuff out when she could, then she went into the hospital again and it was all overwhelming for her DH.

I don't have her email on this laptop so could someone either forward it to me via PM or I'll email her when we get home.

JLD that is a very generous offer. Let me see if she will jump on it, or if she will mail it to me.

Ok, just let me know. I can meet her or her DH any where. We dont really have any set plans while were there. Its a girls only thing. :)

That's very gracious of you to offer calanniebu, especially since you were not in the swap. Between you and JLD offering to pick it up and BAMB trying to cordinate with Shauna with getting this wrapped up; this should be able to get returned. I love this board and how everyone helps one another. That is what it is all about. I will be sending out a "thank you".
Hey everyone, while I wasn't in this swap, someone who was alerted me about it. I grew up in the same town as Shauna and would be willing to drive over and get everything when
I'm out there next.
week.

BAMB: I'll PM you with my trip specifics. If anyone else is able to get a hold of her, she can even just box everything up and leave it on the front porch (provided she as one). Virgin America has a 70lb weight limit so I should be able to bring everything back without too much difficulty. I will then swap out it all out when I get back.

Let me know. :-)

:goodvibes No worries... if I remember correctly, there's a great scrapbook store near her house as well! :thumbsup2

That's very gracious of you to offer calanniebu, especially since you were not in the swap. Between you and JLD offering to pick it up and BAMB trying to cordinate with Shauna with getting this wrapped up; this should be able to get returned. I love this board and how everyone helps one another. That is what it is all about. I will be sending out a "thank you".

I got an e-mail back from Shauna this morning (written late last night). She has been very ill with some additional very serious medical problems. When she is able to get on the Boards after she feels better, I will let her update on the details as she feels comfortable. She said her medical condition may be a little better, but she is still very weak, and her life is still very difficult right now.

Shauna said a friend is going to be visiting this weekend from Hawaii to help her get her house back in order, etc. She told me the first thing on her list is to get the swaps out and they are hoping to do that this weekend. I did tell her about the option of just sending them in a box all to Buffy to sort, etc, but it looks like they are hoping to mail indivudually. Shauna said she or her friend will send a list of confirmation numbers to Buffy via PM when the packages are sent.

She is very sorry for the delay, but her focus was on treating her medical problems. She still has a ways to go on her road to recovery, so she said it would be awhile before she is able to be in Dis, etc.

We may want to wait a few days for the confirmation numbers to be sent to Buffy, before anyone makes contact with her to propose a visit to pick them up next month since she said she is planning to mail this weekend.

Wishing Shauna all the best!

I am glad she did get back to you. It was good to hear some news, unfortuntely does not sound like things have improved for her. Maybe with her friend coming in this weekend and helping her get things caught up like she stated she probably will have them in the mail the first of the week and confirmation's sent to BAMB.

Sorry to hear she is not doing any better. She has not been feeling well for such a long time. I feel sorry that things have not gotten better. It has to hard to be feeling so bad for so long. I know just being sick for a few days I cant stand and things get behind for me with house stuff in that short of time. I am glad she has a friend coming in to help her out.

Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter