WDW planning help needed

I'm confused. Which isn't difficult to do. What's wrong with the boats at DHS?

The canoes in the Pocahontas section often collide into each other, and often never make it back stage in time for the next scene.....that's all I am aware of.

They put in paddles on the visible side of the canoe. But, they hold the paddles as rudders (which by itself tells that they don't really know anything about canoeing because only amateurs use rudder strokes) which would cause the canoe to turn TOWARDS the rudder. Instead, the canoe turns away from the rudder making it clear that there is some sort of track or pulling system involved.

They put in paddles on the visible side of the canoe. But, they hold the paddles as rudders (which by itself tells that they don't really know anything about canoeing because only amateurs use rudder strokes) which would cause the canoe to turn TOWARDS the rudder. Instead, the canoe turns away from the rudder making it clear that there is some sort of track or pulling system involved.

Hmm, I'm not sure I even remember Canoes in the DL version. Just the Mark Twain and the 3 moving platforms.

Hmm, I'm not sure I even remember Canoes in the DL version. Just the Mark Twain and the 3 moving platforms.

Thre are no canoes in the DL version. Because DHS doesn't have a Columbia the whole Peter Pan segment was scratched, and a Pocahontas scene was added. It's a terrible substitution for the orriginal Peter Pan scene.

Add to that no Ursula, no Jungle Book scene....no Mark Twain, the poor Dragon......well you get the idea.

Thre are no canoes in the DL version. Because DHS doesn't have a Columbia the whole Peter Pan segment was scratched, and a Pocahontas scene was added. It's a terrible substitution for the original Peter Pan scene.

Add to that no Ursula, no Jungle Book scene....no Mark Twain, the poor Dragon......well you get the idea.

Okay...you may have convinced me to give the DL Fantasmic a chance whenever I get around to getting there.

Okay...you may have convinced me to give the DL Fantasmic a chance whenever I get around to getting there.

It's a show that's been running forever, yet it still packs about 9000 people twice a night. People camp out for 4-6 hours a lot of the time just to get a front row seat. They've added the eels from Little Mermaid, of course the new animatronic dragon, new projection screens. Plus the show has a great fight scene on the Columbia and the finale with every character on the Mark Twain, driven by a black and white Mickey. :)

If and when you go, you should make sure you check out the World of Color at DCA which opens at the end of April. They're saying it's going to be so big, that they're installing "ShowPass" tickets that work like FastPass for attractions. 9K Showpasses will be given out through the machine each day (or twice a day for two shows that night) and you must have that to get into the viewing area to see the show to prevent people from camping out all day like many of the AP holders do in CA.

It's a show that's been running forever, yet it still packs about 9000 people twice a night. People camp out for 4-6 hours...9K Showpasses will be given out through the machine each day (or twice a day for two shows that night) and you must have that to get into the viewing area to see the show to prevent people from camping out all day like many of the AP holders do in CA.

Yikes! Yeah, camping out to get into a crowded event is so completely not my thing. I hope the showpass machines work or else I'll never end up seeing them.

Yikes! Yeah, camping out to get into a crowded event is so completely not my thing. I hope the showpass machines work or else I'll never end up seeing them.

It's not our thing either. If we can't find a good place to view (which really isn't that hard to do), we try again the next night or the later show. NO reason to waste that much time, sitting on your butt doing nothing.

I see 2 adult, 3 day parkhopper tickets on EBay going for about 100-150 for the set. Are these things legit? I mean, thats a lot of savings and a lot of people are bidding on them. They say they're not signed, fingerprinted, scanned, etc.

I see 2 adult, 3 day parkhopper tickets on EBay going for about 100-150 for the set. Are these things legit? I mean, thats a lot of savings and a lot of people are bidding on them. They say they're not signed, fingerprinted, scanned, etc.

They might be legit, but, I wouldn't trust them because it's a lot of money for something you won't know about until you get to the gate.

There is absolutly no way of knowing if a ticket is any good till you get to the gate....

Buyer beware!

Yeah, I'd stay away from the ebay tickets.

Now if you want to go somewhere like Westgate and sit through a 3-6 hour Timeshare presentation, they will give you super cheap tickets.

Yeah, I'd stay away from the ebay tickets.

Now if you want to go somewhere like Westgate and sit through a 3-6 hour Timeshare presentation, they will give you super cheap tickets.

Oh noes! I just know I would be signing my life away after telling myself over and over that I'm JUST not going to do it........

I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

Even with upgrading....it will never be the same. The whole show is a mess from the words "Good evening......"

The original DL Fantasmic was the only DL soundtrack I've ever bought. When it first came out it looked amazing and blew me away. I've been afraid to see the one at WDW because the footage I saw was.....well.....it wasn't horrible, but when you've seen the one at DL I'm assuming it's going to be kind of a let-down. :guilty: It's a shame considering they have a custom-made theatrical setup specifically made for the show that they can change to suit their needs and they still haven't really used it to its full potential, whereas the one at DL just kind of takes place out in the regular park area and still blows the other one away. Oh well. :confused3

At least WDW has SpectroMagic! :banana::banana:

It's a shame considering they have a custom-made theatrical setup specifically made for the show, whereas the one at DL just kind of takes place out in the regular park area and still blows the other one away. Oh well. :confused3

And that is the first problem....

In Anaheim you are in the Magic Kingdom on just another night, all of a sudden Tom Sawyer Island completely turns magical, right before your eyes.

At DHS you are sitting there looking at a set, waiting for a show to begin...

But, if you have the time, the show at DHS is still a magical show, just not as magical as the one in California....

No spreadsheets! The only thing I'm going to take with me is a small note put in my iphone to reference times. :)QUOTE]

actually there is an app for the iPhone called WDW Wait Times if u feel like being spontaneous. I havent had the chance to use it yet so I don't know how accurate the quoted times are, but theoretically u could check that to see what attractions have the lowest wait times throughout the park. I think that is what I am going to do when I go in May. Although I used some sort of wait time optimizer program last time, which if I had actually followed it would have enabled me to see just about everything in all the parks in my week there with plenty of down time. Making own spreadsheet sounds like too much work for me.

Ok, a few more questions about our trip in only two months! Woohoo!

1. What is this Flower Festival Thingy at EPCOT? We'll be spending some time there, but I wasn't sure if there were some special things we need to see or do, or is it just that the park has special landscaping or something?

2. How does the Disney Magical Express or whatever it's called from the Airport, exactly work? Is there a place at the airport to jump on one of the vans?

3. We're not going to have time to do anything outside of the parks, so is there any Orlando people willing to meet up inside the one of the parks at some point for lunch/dinner, walk around, etc?

Magic express is great.:thumbsup2
They send you instructions when you sign up for it.
But basically you go to the main terminal down by the rental cars (on the B side I think) and get on the correct bus going to your resort and if you oppt for the bag handling part - they send you special tags you put on your bags and They Deal with your bag for you - they just appear in your room later that day.

Magic express is great.:thumbsup2
They send you instructions when you sign up for it.
But basically you go to the main terminal down by the rental cars (on the B side I think) and get on the correct bus going to your resort and if you oppt for the bag handling part - they send you special tags you put on your bags and They Deal with your bag for you - they just appear in your room later that day.

I don't think we signed up for the bag handling part. But that whole "your bag shows up magically later on that day" scares me. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter