WDW Wishes 2015 Wedding

MagicalEnding

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I have decided to start a board because I wanted to share my experience with other Disney brides.

I'm not quite sure how to start, but once my boyfriend proposed, he suggested we get married at Disney World because he knows what a huge Disney fan I am.

We got engaged on December 16, 2014. I have already scheduled our site visit for next month. YAY!!!

We are looking to get married at the TS in the MK on December 2015, but we know it's all up to Disney for this venue. I always wanted a small wedding, so the 50 people max didn't bother me. Even though I have been to Disney world many times, I have never went up to the train station, so we definitely want to make sure it's the right venue for us.

I look forward to sharing our experience with all of you! :)

Last edited:
After reading Disney brides threads today, I realize that I should tell you all something about me and my fiance. lol

I wrote out how we met and our proposal story after he proposed so when and if we start our wedding website it will be ready (I wrote it in the third person). I changed our names on here so that my friends and family cannot follow our plans. :) So, here we go:

How We Met

Jay and Sharon met through unusual circumstances. Their story began on an autumn morning in 2010. Sharon thought she was going to work as usual until she was approached by Jay's friend, Timothy. He thought that she would be a good match for his friend, Jay. Timothy said that he had never set Jay up before on a date, but thought that they should meet. Sharon was initially taken aback by his forwardness. But, she thought it would be interesting to explore and if nothing else, she and Jay could be friends.

Jay and Sharon were finally introduced two months later on a Saturday night in November at 9:05pm. Sharon was at home and received a call from Timothy asking her to go bowling to meet Jay. Even though she had a broken ankle and really could not bowl, she decided to meet them. That night, Sharon met Jay and they have not looked back.

The Proposal

Jay proposed to Sharon on the evening of their fourth year anniversary. Sharon was at home lounging in the office when Jay came into the room and asked if he could read his anniversary card to her. Although he normally did not read his cards aloud to her, anyone who is acquainted with Sharon knows that she reveled in the romantic gesture.

While standing in the corner of the room, Jay began telling the story of their four year “too good to be true, but very real,” love. As he read, Sharon was overcome with emotion and started to cry. Jay walked across the room to hold Sharon's hand. While holding her hand, he looked down at her and took a deep breath. To Sharon, this pause felt like an eternity as she was hanging on to every word Jay was saying. He held her hand tightly, gazed into her tear filled eyes and commenced to recite what he had written.

As Jay finished, what Sharon thought were his last words, his arm began to shake. With slightly watered eyes, Jay took another breath, while still maintaining eye contact with Sharon he said, “You have my heart and I want you to be my wife.” He than got down on one knee, opened a beautiful red box and asked Sharon if she would marry him. All the while crying with nothing left to give in her voice, Sharon smiled and nodded yes.

Hello!

I am following along your proposal story is so cute Congratulations! I have never seen a wedding at the train stations so very excited to see how that comes along, fingers crossed you get the date and venue you want!!!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Hello!

I am following along your proposal story is so cute Congratulations! I have never seen a wedding at the train stations so very excited to see how that comes along, fingers crossed you get the date and venue you want!!!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Thanks, Melissa (my matron of honor name is Melissa too)! I'm very excited! I wanted to post a picture of my ring and the information the wedding consultant sent me on the train station wedding, but I was unable to. I think I have to make more posts. My site visit is on February 21 so I'm really excited to share all that I see and learn. Thanks for following along with me. :)

Thanks, Melissa (my matron of honor name is Melissa too)! I'm very excited! I wanted to post a picture of my ring and the information the wedding consultant sent me on the train station wedding, but I was unable to. I think I have to make more posts. My site visit is on February 21 so I'm really excited to share all that I see and learn. Thanks for following along with me. :)

How funny! and your welcome :goodvibes I think after ten post you should be able to post pictures would love to see what your working on!

Happy Planning
Melissa

Well, I still do not have enough posts yet to post pictures. However, I found my invitation suite!!! YAY!!!

I found them on parkpresslife.com (I will post them when I am able to). They sent me a couple free samples. They are beautiful letterpress invitations. The owner is very nice and quick to respond. Even though we are having our wedding in the morning, I still want it to be formal.

My DF isn't fond of pictures. Oh wow, I haven't told you who we are. lol I'm sorry:

About Us:

I am 33 years old and just finished up school majoring in History and minoring in Finance. The only reason I went back was because it's the only thing I started and had not finished. So, now I can check that off. I just finished in December! YAY!!!

My DF is 34 and he is a Software Engineer. He could spend the whole day with his computers and be just fine. Since he knows so much about the internet and how things work, he isn't fond of putting pictures online (you can never delete them, even when you think you delete them he tells me) or personal information. He's a bit paranoid. lol

So, back to the pictures. If we do save the dates, I'm not requiring him to take engagement photos (He's so happy. . .lol). Therefore, our save the dates will not include pictures.

That's the only update I have today. I'm sure I will find something else tomorrow to write about. :)

Alright, I found my bridesmaid dresses!!! I didn't want the regular chiffon or satin dresses. I haven't found the dress for my matron of honor yet, but I think this dress will go great with the morning wedding.

I love this website. It has some really pretty dresses on this site. I still can't post links, but you can go to the website and see it. I would love to hear your thoughts:

bhldn.com It's the Melinda Dress.

I have been looking at wedding gowns too. I love the Two by Rosa Clara line, except I can't seem to find her line in Georgia where I live. :(

Anyway, That's all for today! I'll keep you updated.

Congrats and welcome! You guys are so cute and I can't wait to hear more about your plans. I love that dress you picked out - it's so original!

Welcome! I'm so excited to follow along!! BHLDN has a ton of pretty things. I could go crazy buying things from there!

Can't wait to see more of your plans!

Congrats and welcome! You guys are so cute and I can't wait to hear more about your plans. I love that dress you picked out - it's so original!

Thank you so much! I'm still trying to find a dress that will go with them.

I'm having difficulty figuring out my back up venues for our site visit. The wedding consultant said to pick 3 venues and or reception sites to visit.

I'm a bit nervous that the train station will disappoint. It looks like it will be too enclosed and also there really isn't an aisle to walk down, but it has the beautiful view. So, I looked at Italy Isola and maybe somewhere else in Epcot.

For reception sites. I was looking at the Grand Floridian ballroom, but the Living Seas looks great too.

Do you guys have any ideas? I want long tables, instead of round tables, so I think that limits me in reception sites too.

I will keep looking. Thanks for following! :)

Thank you! I'm excited too! I just found out about the website, but YES, I could buy many things from that site. . .lol

Thanks for following! :)

Well, I'm horribly biased, but we did our first look in Italy Isola (and our ceremony at Italy Plaza) and it was stunning, perfect and better than I ever could have dreamed :goodvibes Frankly all of Epcot's venues are stunning and if you ask me the train station is an improvement on the old location! I can understand wanting a proper aisle though and I hope your site visit helps you decide.

Other than The Attic, I can't think of any reception venues off the top of my head where long tables couldn't be accommodated (I've seen pictures for a fact of long tables in Living Seas and Ariel's) so I say go all out!

Ariel's is a really pretty reception site too! You can always peak in there if you don't have time during your site visit!

Ariel's is a really pretty reception site too! You can always peak in there if you don't have time during your site visit!

Thanks, I will do that. . . I saw pictures of Ariels on other brides sites and is is lovely. I will definitely have to check it out. :)

So, I started looking at wedding gowns. As I said before, I'm in love with the Two by Rosa Clara line, but it is sold in so few places. :(

This first gown, is the ball gown that is simple, but elegant and goes with the venue. I feel like MK says ballgown:

http://www.rosaclara.es/en/rc/romero-2/

This second gown is not a ball gown, but I am in love with the train and how it hugs the curves with the turtleneck overlay:

http://www.rosaclara.es/en/rc/roy-2/

Since I'm now able to post links, here are the bridesmaids dresses that I want to get:

http://www.bhldn.com/bridal-party-g...ptionids/76638615-b258-4703-a4f2-e7e6c0af39f5

Also, here is the image for the wedding invitations that I found and establishes the theme for our wedding:

1.jpg

Lastly, here is a picture of my ring! I tried to copy and past the image on here, but that didn't quite work. I will figure it out. :) The pink gold is for love, the yellow gold is for fidelity and the white gold is for friendship. I love it! :)

B4052700_0_cartier_rings.png

Alright, that's all for today. Hopefully I will master loading pictures soon so I don't have to post external links for you guys. :)

Last edited:
So, I started looking at wedding gowns. As I said before, I'm in love with the Two by Rosa Clara line, but it is sold in so few places. :(

This first gown, is the ball gown that is simple, but elegant and goes with the venue. I feel like MK says ballgown:

http://www.rosaclara.es/en/rc/romero-2/

This second gown is not a ball gown, but I am in love with the train and how it hugs the curves with the turtleneck overlay:

http://www.rosaclara.es/en/rc/roy-2/

Since I'm now able to post links, here are the bridesmaids dresses that I want to get:

http://www.bhldn.com/bridal-party-g...ptionids/76638615-b258-4703-a4f2-e7e6c0af39f5

Also, here is the image for the wedding invitations that I found and establishes the theme for our wedding:

1.jpg

Lastly, here is a picture of my ring! I tried to copy and past the image on here, but that didn't quite work. I will figure it out. :) The pink gold is for love, the yellow gold is for friendship and the white gold is for fidelity. I love it! :)

B4052700_0_cartier_rings.png

Alright, that's all for today. Hopefully I will master loading pictures soon so I don't have to post external links for you guys. :)

OMG i just love that first wedding dress!!!! That is so amazing I just love ball gowns I think as women we only have so many opportunities to be able to wear a ball gown! Really the pleating on the bottom and the lace top so beautiful!!

I really like that choice for your bridesmaid it is so original I love a soft print looks awesome!

Can't wait for more updates and glad you were able to add pictures :good vibes

Happy Planning
Melissa

I have been trying to figure out how to upload images from my computer. I wanted to upload the picture of my ring on my finger. However, I'm having difficulty, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. :)

OMG i just love that first wedding dress!!!! That is so amazing I just love ball gowns I think as women we only have so many opportunities to be able to wear a ball gown! Really the pleating on the bottom and the lace top so beautiful!!

I really like that choice for your bridesmaid it is so original I love a soft print looks awesome!

Can't wait for more updates and glad you were able to add pictures :good vibes

Happy Planning
Melissa

I think you are right. We can always wear a form fitting dress to any event, but a ball gown can only be worn on weddings or white tie events and how many of those do we come across (Hopefully, only one wedding). lol

I think you are right. We can always wear a form fitting dress to any event, but a ball gown can only be worn on weddings or white tie events and how many of those do we come across (Hopefully, only one wedding). lol

I agree so I am all for ball gowns do you have a date to go try dresses on its never to early to start looking :rotfl: and as far as inserting pictures I just switched over to flicker and that has been really easy

you just click on the little arrow and use the BBC code of the image size you want and just copy and paste and thats it really easy!

I agree so I am all for ball gowns do you have a date to go try dresses on its never to early to start looking :rotfl: and as far as inserting pictures I just switched over to flicker and that has been really easy

you just click on the little arrow and use the BBC code of the image size you want and just copy and paste and thats it really easy!

So, I have been watching Say Yes to the Dress for years and wanted to be a Kleinfeld bride, but they do not sell Rosa Clara. I have to figure that out especially with my mom and mother in law in a two different states. :(

I am ashamed to say, but. . . What is flicker??? Is it like facebook?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter