Wedding Vow Renewals on a Disney Cruise ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
OK - My DH & I will be married 20 years in 2005.
Our DS will be 13 our DD will be 10.

I would like to celebrate our milestone
with a Disney Cruise.

I would plan a cruise in 2005 or Spring of 2006.
Our anniversary is in Sept.

The wedding vow renewal ceremony sounds
wonderful. Even for $1,000.

But they provide a large cake.
What if it's just us and our kids on the cruise ?
Would we look funny without any guests ?

What would we do with such a large cake ?

I also like the category 4 rooms.
The renewal pkg includes Conceige service.
Not sure what that would include.

Please help me with suggestions.
I called the cruise line and if we want to do
Spring of 2005 - I have to move my butt by
this September.

I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I just had to reply to your post. My DH and I will also be married for 20 years in September 2005!! What a small world. We (along with our then 14 YO DS) are celebrating our anniversary a little early with the 7 night western Disney cruise next June. I too had thought about the vow renewal, but I don't think my DH would go for it. Have a great time whenever you go!!

Here is a link to our Disney Weddings board which also covers vow renewals, etc. The cruise programs have been discussed here in the past. I know of a few folks who have done the renewal program and truly enjoyed it. Good luck!

click here

Hi pooh2001!

What if it's just us and our kids on the cruise ? Would we look funny without any guests ?

There is nothing wrong with just having the two of you plus the children. Why care if anyone might think you look funny? If this feeling of yours is accurate, pooh2001, then believe me when I say you're the first woman to publicly announce that SIZE does matter! It's YOUR cruise, YOUR celebration and YOUR ceremony. Enjoy.

What would we do with such a large cake ?

Eat it.

If I was going to be on the same cruise, I'd gladly (and proudly) attend the ceremony. And I'm sure as you begin planning, over time you'd find enough Disers to attend to change your concerns to hoping the cake is large enough...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter