• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

week after Easter

rlb

Earning My Ears
How far in advance must you book for the week after Easter in order to get a studio at OKW? Is this a very popular time for DVC members?

I think it may vary from year to year. I would suspect that it is possible that with Easter as late as it is this coming year (April 16), demand for the week after Easter may be lower as many schools will not wait that late to have their spring break. But spring break time is a popular time at DVC resorts.

I would book as soon as possible. The week before Easter is actually more crowded than the week after, but it is still very, very crowded. I usually book at 11 months a BWV SDV studio at 11-months for the week after, and sometimes I have been successful switching at 7-months to other resorts; and other times I was on waitlists that never came thru.

That's our school's traditional spring break week. I was able to book a 2 bedroom at about 6 months out last year. The crowds were not that bad (or I'm just used to them since thats our usual travel week, if we go!)

We were there in April of this year, and the one week of the 9th was eerily quiet. The CM's told us that the parks had been full capacity the week before, and they were apparently again by the next week.

Having said that, I rented points and was able to book OKW about 3 days prior to arrival, for a 7 night stay. (and ended up buying DVC as a result! :goodvibes )

I don't normally go in April, and it seemed like that week was just a fluke - all the CM's we spoke with remaked on how quiet it was compared to previous years.

Not clear on your question. Do you mean week that begins with Easter or one that begins 7 days after Easter. If the former, you are in a very high demand week for DVC. If you are working with the 11 month window at OKW, you are generally safe if you make the ressie by 8 months out. You can also get OKW often (although not always and it is easier to get a 2BR than just a studio which tend to run out first) with the 7 month window for that week but make sure you do it 7 months out. As to the week that begins 7 days after Easter, you will usually have more flexibility and can even easily get a room 6 months out. And crowds are a matter of perspective. The week that begins with Easter is in fact always one the three most crowded weeks of the year (week before Easter and Christmas week are the other two)

And since in 2006 Easter is April 16, most of the New England states will have that week as their April school vacation. That's why we're NOT planning a trip to WDW then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter