Weight gain/loss on Disney vacations?

Do you gain or lose weight after you Disney vacation?

• Gain weight

• Lose weight

• Same weight

• Never thought about this

Results are only viewable after voting.
I eat more on vacation, but still make good food choices like I do at home. I have always come home either the same weight or sometimes a little lighter. The most was 5 lbs.

I usually gain 1-2 pounds but it's easily taken off soon after I get back.

Last trip I lost 7lbs!!! i couldn't believe it as I had eaten whatever I wanted all trip. Put it all on within a month of getting home though:guilty:

It must be all the walking around in the heat that does it (we always go between June and August).:confused3

I usually stay the same. But, that's after 8 - 10 days of eating what I want, including dessert. The extra walking burns up the extra calories. Now if I was really smart, I would eat more carefully and actually lose some weight. But when I'm on vacation at WDW I want to enjoy the whole experience.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I gain. I always eat more on vacation--including treats. The walking doesn't come close to the exercise I do at home. So it's a double whammy, but it doesn't last long and I have fun! :)

I usually put on a couple lbs from all the eating and drinking in wdw. It seams to be mainly water weight (from all the high sodium meals and adult beverages) though and easily taken off within a week.

I don't own a scale, but I'm sure that on my last trip I lost weight.

I gained 5 pounds on last years trip...probably would have been more like 10-15 but for all the walking we do!!:lmao: Dang dining plan!;)

I usually stay about the same. I eat whatever I want, but because of all the walking I don't gain:cool1: But, this time we will be on the dining plan and will be eating alot more.....so we will see.:goodvibes

I usually break even, but this time I lost weight due to the stomach bug floating around.

last time i was the same, we had lots of food, but never too much...and all the walking, i evened out in the end. :goodvibes

My answer was based on only one trip so far. We spent 7 days in the parks in August. We were on the DDP, and had a couple of OOP TS meals as well, but with all the walking, I managed to lose 2 lbs during the trip.

Last July, my wife lost about 3 pounds after a 7 day stay at WDW and 3 nights at Universal. I'm convinced it's all the walking. We do a LOT of walking there and, in the morning especially, it's at a pretty good clip!

Before we started purchasing the dining plan we have always lost weight in Disney. Since the meal plan we average a gain of 3-5 lbs. We eat way more there when we do at home.

I've always pretty much stayed the same, possibly gaining a pound or two. I am a workout buff and I'm in the gym every single day! I have a personal trainer, and he has pretty much told me to eat what I want as long as I still take in all the protein I need to for the day. It's much easier to loose fat than it is to gain muscle!

I am a fitness freak and plan on using the gym at the GF hotel everyday. That way I don't feel guily ordering that Kona Kone for dessert LOL!

I always seem to lose a few pounds. I think its all the walking I do. I never walk that much at home. I think if I was to live in disney for a year I could be skinny again LOL

I always lose weight and so does my husband. We always have the dining plan and eat lots of "unhealthy" yummy food, but with all that walking, we just lose weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter