Weight gain/loss on Disney vacations?

Do you gain or lose weight after you Disney vacation?

• Gain weight

• Lose weight

• Same weight

• Never thought about this

Results are only viewable after voting.

AMVmom

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious; do you usually gain weight or lose weight after your Disney vacation? Every time I go I think I could probably lose weight but in the end I come home a pound or two heavier (very likely its all the food I eat!). I blame the dining plan. ;)

I never really paid much attention to it. But when I got home I did feel like I had lost a couple of pounds. I think that was mainly because I wasnt on the dining plan and I only ate like once a day and ate snacks in my hotel room at night.

When we went we did eat a lot (or so it seemed) but we walked even more. I gained a few pounds, but I think it was more muscle...my pants still fit fine if not a little looser.

We like to go out to eat at some of the nicer restaurants at WDW so overall we come home a couple of pounds heavier, despite the extra walking.

I always lose 3-5 pounds. I think it is a combination of the extra walking and variance to my food routine. I eat less on vacation. I admit that I snack all day at my desk job, and at Disney there is so much to do that I don't think to eat as much.

Kim

I pig out on the dining plan, but usually stay the same or lose a few. There is just so much walking and I am so excited when I am there I can barely sleep, so I think my metabolism goes wild too. LOL!

On any vacation, but especially to WDW, I just eat what I want so I inevitably gain weight. But, boy is it worth it!:cool1:

I tend to stick to reasonably healthy things while I'm there, and am a lot more physically active than in "real life". So, I almost always lose a few pounds.

I eat more but do alot of walking so I stay about the same. Also at work I have a set time when I eat. I find whenever I don't have that routine I can loose easier.

For me, eating more than the norm is part of being on vacation :) We go all out with the character meals, trying places we've never been. We spend way more on food than anything else. So you probably have guessed,for me,I gain a couple after every trip ;)

I used to stay the same or lose when we went vaca'd at Disney. BUT
The past 2 years we went to Disney when they had the FDDP and took FULL advantage of it the first time. I gained 7 pounds. Yikes!!
The next year for FD I didn't polish off my desserts, and only gained about 2 pounds. That I can live with!

I usually stay about the same. I blame my picky-ness. LOL

I love the disney junk food, but all the walking usually balances it out for me. If there is a gain (or for that matter, a loss) it's totally insignficant. My clothes haven't fit any differently.

I can say, though, that before we went the most recent time (may,'08) I'd lost 40 pounds, and I'll tell you, it was SO much easier to walk everywhere. It made a huge difference.

I've lost about 25 since our last visit too. I'm excited to wear some regular clothes this time around and hopefully not have sore shins this time around. LOL!

I would say I usually lose a little, I'm not a big eater anyways at the best of times, although I do like Disney food. But with all the walking and swimming I'd do at Disney that I wouldn't necessarily at home (although I am quite a gym bunny and a cheerleader!) I think I end up burning off more than I consume most of the time.

However on our last trip to WDW in August 08 I had just started coming down with Crohn's which has made me lose an awful lot of weight, to the point where I am now malnourished and on a special liquid feed. So I don't know whether that may have factored in at all.

I usually stay the same. I eat more at Disney than I do at home, but with all the walking it tends to even out.

I would say I usually lose a little, I'm not a big eater anyways at the best of times, although I do like Disney food. But with all the walking and swimming I'd do at Disney that I wouldn't necessarily at home (although I am quite a gym bunny and a cheerleader!) I think I end up burning off more than I consume most of the time.

However on our last trip to WDW in August 08 I had just started coming down with Crohn's which has made me lose an awful lot of weight, to the point where I am now malnourished and on a special liquid feed. So I don't know whether that may have factored in at all.

Sorry about the Crohn's; I hope you're feeling much better now!

I think I usually gain.
at least more recently...I wanted to try out dole whips and all sorts of other fun treats and I definitely came back heavier than I was.

I think the previous two trips I probably lost...my metabolism was better then and I didn't snack on the treats so much.

Sorry about the Crohn's; I hope you're feeling much better now!

Thankyou! I've actually been in hospital most of January so far, then going back and forth for various tests, but I'm home now and on the mend which is good news! :thumbsup2

I lost enough to get into a much smaller pair of shorts than what I could wear at the beginning of the trip. I even found my waist. :cool1: We had counter service for our meals and had a few snacks. The walking sure did help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter