Weird experience doing laundry at SS

2 princes 1 princess

Mouseketeer
Here is what happened.
We were in the pool in the Congress park section while our clothes were being washed. I kept an eye on the clock to know when the washer stopped. I saw a couple go into the laundry room and the husband came out and looked at everyone in the pool and kept pointing to the laundry room. I thought maybe my wash was done and he was letting me know so I walked into the laundry room to check our clothes. I only used one washer, the other one was empty. The lady was standing there staring at me so I said something like "Oh my stuff isn't done yet." She seemed mad and just said, "Well, we don't have a washer and dryer in our room." Okay so I said "We don't either, so we come here to do laundry, it's free so you can use that washer right there ." She said she needed both. I just walked out and swam with my family while they sat on the chairs and stared at us until I went back into the laundry room. The lady and here husband followed me and stood there while I put my clothes into the dryer. Then they started filling up the washer I just used. :confused3
I don't know what the big deal was. I felt so uncomfortable. Like I was in their way or something. Like the laundry room is for their own personal use or something. They were very strange. Again I watched the clock so I could check my clothes. They followed me into the laundry room everytime I went in there. Did they think I would steal their laundry or something? My stuff wasn't even fully dry but I pulled it out anyway and got the heck away from those people.
I'm not that paranoid. I could see if they were in a hurry, or whatever, but this experience made me feel weird.
What do you think?

Sounds like they just wanted to be "difficult". I can't imagine why they wouldn't use the empty one first!! How strange.

I would not have patience with that situation.
I might have washed my clothes a second time to make sure they were clean :rolleyes1

Some people are just weird. Sounds to me like they were trying to get you to say, "Go ahead, you go first..."

Jerks. Hope some bleach spilled into their darks.

A little OT though: Don't you just hate when something weird like that happens and you think of 40 million things you could have said or should have done but you end up so rattled that you don't do anything?

Drives me nuts.

Maybe you had the better washer :rotfl: :lmao: :cool1:

Just because that can afford to get a room does not make them smart or normal

Like the laundry room is for their own personal use or something.

What were you thinking?! Don't you know that they paid a lot of money to buy in to DVC as well as annual dues? Of course the laundry room is for their own personal use. Other people don't matter because they paid a lot of money to buy in to DVC as well as annual dues? Don't you know that you should have just done your laundry in your bath tub. Because, after all...the laundry room is for their own personal use becuase they paid in a lot of money to buy in to DVC as well as annual dues.

(Yeah...people seem to say that a lot...)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Some people are unbelievable. I've had a similar situation at BCV. I had literally just put in the two loads of laundry when someone came in with theirs. She asked me how long I was going to be and I told her a while because I'd just put them in. Her room must have been just across the hall because she came back in every few minutes and "huffed" that I was still in there waiting on my clothes.

But, no more...we now only stay 1 or 2 bedroom villas. I now have my own washer and dryer all to myself!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOL, I hope you told them they had to put money in the coin slots. I'd hate for someone like that to get the free wash!

Some people are just weird. Sounds to me like they were trying to get you to say, "Go ahead, you go first..."

Jerks. Hope some bleach spilled into their darks.

A little OT though: Don't you just hate when something weird like that happens and you think of 40 million things you could have said or should have done but you end up so rattled that you don't do anything?

Drives me nuts.

I always think of that really smart comeback about 10minutes to late!:laughing:

Like Jody, I'll confine myself to a bigger unit so I don't have to share.

Hey, did she throw out "Don't you know who I am? I am a DVC owner" line.

I swear you can meet the weirdest folks in laundry mats. LoL I hate it if I have to use them at home and always book at least 1-bedroom units so I don't have to use them on vacation. Sorry you had such a strange experience. :scared1:

Sorry that happened to you. Some times people are strange.

Although, knowing me, I probably would have asked them if they thought I was going to steal their clothes every time they followed me. ;)

Well strange people must stay in Congress Park.

Your story just solidified my future response to crazy people who think they should just be able to waltz up and everything be available to them right away. I try to see things from both sides but some people are nuts!

We were BBQ'ing in Congress Park and this girl and 2 guys come out with steaks. We had a large gathering, so we had both grills going. (after I waited all afternoon to see if anyone else was going to use it) She wants to get all confrontational that we shouldnt have both grills and we arent the only ones in the resort. I kindly reminded her that these were not the only grills on the resort either. She said they were staying in CP and wanted to use "that" grill. I told her she could have it when we were finished cooking so she stands there with her steaks! Resort amenities are available on a first come basis and Im all about sharing, but you dont show up late to the park on 4th of July and think you will find a good spot or a grill:confused3 Who does that? Plenty of times I've not got what I wanted at WDW, a nice parade spot, a fastpass, a dream, a good show seat etc. and I move on.
I hate to get into altercations on vacation (or any time) but it still bugs me that I didnt just tell her where to go!

any bet they were renters
Doubtful, most renters seem just happy to be there, the idea that renters are more difficult or more abusive is simply not accurate in my experience. Sounds more like jerks what ever group they belong to.

2 princes 1 princess, it does seem weird a a little bit scary. As you've presented it you might have been better off calling security as soon as you became uncomfortable.

I am way too confrontational to have dealt with that! I'd say you handled the situation quite well by going back to swim and avoiding an argument. I try very hard to be nice to everyone while on vacation but that would have set me off!

As for the DVC lines that people give out - I haven't heard them yet myself, but I just get this picture of me hanging out at the pool in my bikini and half sleeved tattoos and some "snobby" member telling me I can't use that pool because it's for members only (thinking that I'm a pool hopper because how could i afford DVC!) I've heard so many judgment stories that I'm actually concerned about my tattoos being visible on DVC property :rotfl: ! Oh well! :confused3

I'm just waiting to read a thread started by someone complaining about how some woman at CP at SSR wouldn't let her use the washing machine.... ;)

Seriously, awhile back there was a LONG thread about washer/dryer etiquette. I suspect that in America there are not as many who use public facilities, hence all the questions (if I recall, the thread was around 10 pages)

I never had laundry drama in all the years I used/do use a public washer/dryer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter