Weird experience doing laundry at SS

Thanks everyone!! I feel much better and validated now! :goodvibes
My husband was chasing after the kids and wasn't noticing this going on. He just laughed at me as I fumed about these crazy people.
I do wish I could fly back down there and find these people and tell them off. :hyper: At the time, I just wanted to get away from them, but now I know what I would say. If I'm ever in that situation again I'll know what to do. I hope this helps anyone else if they find themselves being "bullied" in the laundry room at disney or anywhere else. :laundy:

Some people are unbelievable. I've had a similar situation at BCV. I had literally just put in the two loads of laundry when someone came in with theirs. She asked me how long I was going to be and I told her a while because I'd just put them in. Her room must have been just across the hall because she came back in every few minutes and "huffed" that I was still in there waiting on my clothes.

What do people expect? Are we supposed to pull our clothes out and restart the washer so they can use it instead of us? I just don't get people sometimes.

I wouldn't let those guys get to me. This happends to me I would stand right there and wait for my clothes to get fully done and tell the guy, "You touch me or my clothes and I'm calling security." And he can do all the staring he wants...

That's the only way to deal with those kind of people.

Wierd, to say the least...

Liferbabe, I can't start a grill. I'd love to tag after you after you got it all nice and going....

So maybe we should do steaks and margaritas for NYE?

Goldi

This reminds me of a thread many, many years ago on this board (I have been on these boards for about 10 years - when the whole site had just three boards). There was a couple staying at OKW who had a slight argument with someone in the laundromat by one of the quiet pools. It was very simple - he wanted to do his laundry and the other people were not yet finished. (Of course, he thought he was entitled because he was a DVC member) The man became really belligerent and went back to his room and got a handgun, no less!!! No shots were fired, but security was called. Talk about anger problems! You just never know what kind of folks you will encounter anywhere, but you sure don't expect people like that on vacation stressing about their laundry, no less!!!!

As for the DVC lines that people give out - I haven't heard them yet myself, but I just get this picture of me hanging out at the pool in my bikini and half sleeved tattoos and some "snobby" member telling me I can't use that pool because it's for members only (thinking that I'm a pool hopper because how could i afford DVC!) I've heard so many judgment stories that I'm actually concerned about my tattoos being visible on DVC property :rotfl: ! Oh well! :confused3

Real DVCers are wonderful people! Just look at all of us!! :goodvibes

An like Toesmom said...They were probably renters!! :rotfl2:

I'm just waiting to read a thread started by someone complaining about how some woman at CP at SSR wouldn't let her use the washing machine.... ;)
:rotfl:Apparently their laundry was far more important than yours ;)

As for the DVC lines that people give out - I haven't heard them yet myself, but I just get this picture of me hanging out at the pool in my bikini and half sleeved tattoos and some "snobby" member telling me I can't use that pool because it's for members only (thinking that I'm a pool hopper because how could i afford DVC!) I've heard so many judgment stories that I'm actually concerned about my tattoos being visible on DVC property :rotfl: ! Oh well! :confused3

I just noticed your tattoo admission. I must remind you that per association bylaws, section 3, sub paragraph 7, "tattoos must be covered at ALL TIMES while on resort property". I am reporting you to the executive committee.

Never mind... wrong association. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

You never know what baggage people bring with them. Maybe they were stressed out. Their child could have thrown up on something. Maybe they have a child with an illness that is life threatening and are angry at the universe. That does not excuse them.. It just validates that you were treated improperly and you did nothing wrong. They sound like they have issues.. and it is not your problem.

I just noticed your tattoo admission. I must remind you that per association bylaws, section 3, sub paragraph 7, "tattoos must be covered at ALL TIMES while on resort property". I am reporting you to the executive committee.

Never mind... wrong association. :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :laughing:

And Duet, you're right!! People here are great DVCers!! If I ever get confronted for any reason, I'm just gonna be like "Well, I'm a DISer, are you?" and hope that breaks the ice!

That handgun story over laundry is just NUTS! Wow, I'd rather where dirty clothes... I pack way too much (even though my husband complains) so thankfully I won't be doing any chores!

Hope everyone out there is having a great day today too! :wizard: :goodvibes

You never know what baggage people bring with them. Maybe they were stressed out. Their child could have thrown up on something. Maybe they have a child with an illness that is life threatening and are angry at the universe. That does not excuse them.. It just validates that you were treated improperly and you did nothing wrong. They sound like they have issues.. and it is not your problem.

Or maybe they're just jerky weirdos who stalk people in laundromats!:rotfl:

any bet they were renters

took the words right out of my mouth. :rotfl2: Many are simply misinformed by the person they rent from as to what they are going to get. I have a feeling they expected to have a washer in their room.

They probably wanted to do multiple loads and needed more than one washer and did not want to start one load and have it not finish at the same time. Still weird but hey, WDW seems to attract a weird crowd lately.

any bet they were renters

I believe in manners, which includes taking my turn. I also believe there are just plain jerks in the world, people who believe they are above the rules.....and I am not a DVC owner....I am a renter of points. That doesn't automatically make me rude.:)

I am not a DVC owner....I am a renter of points. That doesn't automatically make me rude.:)

and the reverse is true as well - being a DVC owner does not automatically bestow one with politeness ;)

I felt so uncomfortable. Like I was in their way or something. Like the laundry room is for their own personal use or something.

Well...clearly you didn't understand that they are/were the center of the univere!!....Yes!, Of Course! you were 'in their way'....and YES!, Of Course the Laundry room IS/WAS for their own Personal use!!!...GET WITH THE PROGRAM! ;)

All kidding aside...their behavior from your report seems completely out-landish!!!!! :)......Forget them!!!! :)

yikes, that just creeps me out! I probably would've had my husband go in there instead of me...i guess we never can be too careful....even at disney!
i would've held my kids a little closer too. however, we women also have our intuition...and if something felt very wrong...it is better to be safe than sorry!
there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior. ever.
I wish you uneventful laundry room days from here on out....and here's to the 1 and 2 bedrooms!! :laundy:

amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter