Weird experience doing laundry at SS

This reminds me of a thread many, many years ago on this board (I have been on these boards for about 10 years - when the whole site had just three boards). There was a couple staying at OKW who had a slight argument with someone in the laundromat by one of the quiet pools. It was very simple - he wanted to do his laundry and the other people were not yet finished. (Of course, he thought he was entitled because he was a DVC member) The man became really belligerent and went back to his room and got a handgun, no less!!! No shots were fired, but security was called. Talk about anger problems! You just never know what kind of folks you will encounter anywhere, but you sure don't expect people like that on vacation stressing about their laundry, no less!!!!
Are you sure you are remembering this correctly. I remember somewhat of a fight between MEMBERS a number of years ago that was discussed here at length but don't recall anything about a gun.

This reminds me of a thread many, many years ago on this board (I have been on these boards for about 10 years - when the whole site had just three boards). There was a couple staying at OKW who had a slight argument with someone in the laundromat by one of the quiet pools. It was very simple - he wanted to do his laundry and the other people were not yet finished. (Of course, he thought he was entitled because he was a DVC member) The man became really belligerent and went back to his room and got a handgun, no less!!! No shots were fired, but security was called. Talk about anger problems! You just never know what kind of folks you will encounter anywhere, but you sure don't expect people like that on vacation stressing about their laundry, no less!!!!

Faster than a speeding bullet. It's Superman.

NO, it's me running for my life. In a situation like that this fat man can run!!!

Now that is scary.

In situations like this the wife and I believe in being prepared and have worked out a routine that works well for us.

She holds them off while I run for help:rolleyes1

Faster than a speeding bullet. It's Superman.

NO, it's me running for my life. In a situation like that this fat man can run!!!

Now that is scary.

:lmao: I needed that this morning!

2 princes, 1 princess - so sorry this happened to you.

most of my problems have been with guests trying to put money in a machine that doesn't want it....:rotfl: I must have explain about 60 times over the years that just because it looks like it needs money - it doesn't.

there is no excuse for this type of behavior at OKW or SSR - it is not like there is only one laundry room - like BWV, VWL, BCV have.

there is one at every swimming pool. If the one close to you is busy, just go to the next one. It is not rocket science.

those people must have a big problem!!! Hey they weren't staying at SSR and were just trying to use the free laundry?:eek:

How many washers are at SSR? Surely more than 2. Is there just one laundry room for that large resort? This makes me want to stay away from Studios. One bedrooms are for me!!!!

You probably did the right thing. They could have been on something. There are some really weird things going on in the world now. Disney is not exempt.

How many washers are at SSR? Surely more than 2. Is there just one laundry room for that large resort? This makes me want to stay away from Studios. One bedrooms are for me!!!!

You probably did the right thing. They could have been on something. There are some really weird things going on in the world now. Disney is not exempt.

In the laundry by the main pool, there are 3 or 4 washers and 8 dryers. Congress Park has 2 washers and 4 dryers, the Paddocks has laundry and so does the Grandstand pool. Each of those sections plus the Carousel have BBQ grills.

I dont think this is a condemnation of studios, crazy people are all around us. I've run into alot of nice people in the laundry rooms and at the BBQ's too. One lady we were such fast friends, we keep in touch by email. I met a great Diser ( Hi R:goodvibes ) at the Congress Park pool BBQ a few years back and we still keep up with each other on the boards.

We've all seen plenty rudeness to go around the world twice, but there's alot of good too:hug:

Trying to remember...I was a CP Washer Hog in Feb/Mar (we were on the road for 5 weeks, I had me some washin' to do! :laundy: )

Anywho, isn't there a regular washer and a front loader in there? Maybe they didn't know how to use the front loader??? Still, it was beyond rude for them to be that way when there was a free washer. I got the evil eye from someone when I had all the dryers going (sorry, but WDW dryers STINK which is why there are *2* for each washer, folks...)

I have also been bothered while doing laundry so I understand why you were upset. It c an be scary. DH now does the laundry on vacation. He is a big guy so people tend to be nice to him. Hmmm:rolleyes1

I would not have patience with that situation.
I might have washed my clothes a second time to make sure they were clean :rolleyes1

:lmao: :rotfl2:
Yes then pull out your pillowcase with your
bras and undies....and say they need to be washed separate;)
Kerri

They wanted to use the one you were using after you used it because..... You made it the happy SSR washer with super cleaning power!

Here is what happened.
We were in the pool in the Congress park section while our clothes were being washed. I kept an eye on the clock to know when the washer stopped. I saw a couple go into the laundry room and the husband came out and looked at everyone in the pool and kept pointing to the laundry room. I thought maybe my wash was done and he was letting me know so I walked into the laundry room to check our clothes. I only used one washer, the other one was empty. The lady was standing there staring at me so I said something like "Oh my stuff isn't done yet." She seemed mad and just said, "Well, we don't have a washer and dryer in our room." Okay so I said "We don't either, so we come here to do laundry, it's free so you can use that washer right there ." She said she needed both. I just walked out and swam with my family while they sat on the chairs and stared at us until I went back into the laundry room. The lady and here husband followed me and stood there while I put my clothes into the dryer. Then they started filling up the washer I just used. :confused3
I don't know what the big deal was. I felt so uncomfortable. Like I was in their way or something. Like the laundry room is for their own personal use or something. They were very strange. Again I watched the clock so I could check my clothes. They followed me into the laundry room everytime I went in there. Did they think I would steal their laundry or something? My stuff wasn't even fully dry but I pulled it out anyway and got the heck away from those people.
I'm not that paranoid. I could see if they were in a hurry, or whatever, but this experience made me feel weird.
What do you think?

Sounds like they were just miserable people. They guy would have gotten a punch in the face if it was me.
I have to say that we've done laundry near the main pool a few times and have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter