Went through SunPass by mistake

So from MCO to Disney, in the past I thought I put quarters in the Toll booth buckets.

Is that not an option any more? (I know it isn't around me.)

So from MCO to Disney, in the past I thought I put quarters in the Toll booth buckets.

The problem was that we were not staying at Disney. We were staying at the Hilton pre-cruise (on International Drive). Never had that problem with the Disney exits.

I would do this - and have done it.

brought several for my brother and his family - they save you money and time.

think you can also get them at Publix (in Florida) grocery stores
You just gave me the best idea! I'm going to put it into my DH's stocking at Christmas.

There are only 2 cashless tolls in the Orlando area that I know of, both of which are on the turnpike: exit 255 Consulate Dr and exit 240 Kissimmee Park Rd. Neither of which are needed to go from MCO to Disney.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if more tolls turned cashless. Most of them are cashless in south Florida already.

http://www.floridasturnpike.com/all-electronictolling/faqs.html
What about the rest of the Turnpike, when will it be converted to no-cash tolling?
All-electronic tolling will be extended north into other segments of the Turnpike and other Turnpike System roads. The Veterans Expressway in the Tampa Bay area is scheduled for conversion in late spring of 2014. On Florida’s Turnpike in southern Broward County, conversion between Miramar and I-595 is currently scheduled by late 2015.

We have been using the transponder for 2 yrs. if you get the sunpass app, it will alert you if your funds become low. Rarely spend more than 10.00 traveling to Kissimmee. It does come in way handy when we had south to cruise ports in Miami though.

Supposedly we are going to be able to use the EZ Pass in FL. Possibly by the end of 2016. We'll have to wait and see.

And CVS and Walgreens drug stores
And any Publix supermarket. The stick-on ones I'd recommend are $4.99 and they put $4.99 in your account. Then you go on the website and load more, or just call them. Real people answer the phone and handle your transaction quickly and professionally. Just like calling Disney...:rotfl2:

Supposedly we are going to be able to use the EZ Pass in FL. Possibly by the end of 2016. We'll have to wait and see.

"Florida's Turnpike officials say Florida is ready to accept E-Z Pass, but the E-Z Pass states in the Northeast and Midwest aren't ready to accept SunPass.
Congress has set a deadline of October 2016 for all toll systems to be compatible. " - sun-sentinel.com

My husband dos the exact same thing! He just had to send in the amount he would have paid going through the toll part.

We drove down yesterday. Staying for the first time offsite at Hilton Orlando. Google Maps had us getting out of the FL turnpike at exit 255, consulate Dr. We got out, had plenty of coins/change for toll, but there wasn't a tollbooth, just a SunPass arch!i looked it up online and it says we'll get a violation in the mail to pay? Anyone has experience with this? Will I get a ticket, or just a request to pay the .78? Wondering if I need to use part of our vacation today to go to a SunPass location and sort this.
thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter