West Coasters: Are you members of DVC?

We purchased DVC after our last trip to Disneyland in August of 06. We had talked about it, but I booked the presentation. About one month after we got back we decided to purchase since we seemed to be going to one of the parks at least once a year. (Florida is really nice for spring break especially after all the gray days in the Seattle area). We are also excited that Alaska will be flying to Hawaii--same price/flight time as Florida from here. We also took our first Disney cruise in March and LOVED it! We used DVC for the first time before and after the cruise. Before the cruise we stayed in a studio at BCV, but after the cruise we felt we could use the extra space and do some laundry. We booked a one bedroom at OKW and it is HUGE! I don't think I'll ever get my husband back into a studio. We are actually going again in October because we got 2 free AP when we purchased. So for the trip in October we only have to pay airfare and food! I would definitely plan a trip down to take a look. Beautiful pools and properties and we are so happy we bought. You can use the points on the cruise line as well. It was a great purchase for us!:woohoo:

1. When and where did you purchase?
We just purchased - Dec 2006 at WDW

2. Have you used many of your points at DL?
We splurged for a suite at the DL hotel for a night.

3. If so, have you found it to be worthwhile?
Probably not on a regular basis, although we enjoyed our stay. We live within 45 minutes of DL and wanted to be able to hit the parks on a leisurely basis.

4. Do you wish you would have waited until a DVC opens at DL? (If that ever happens...)
No, not really - if it happens, I'm sure that we would use it more frequently than we would with things as they stand.

6. Any regrets buying as a West Coaster?
Nope, not at all!

If anything, owning DVC has stopped us from going to DL. I love WDW, but just some things at DL you can't get at WDW (Indy, Blue Bayou, Roger Rabbit, etc...). That is more how we travel, if I was in SoCal I'd be going to DL more often and still would be glad to own DVC at WDW.

So if they open the DL DVC, I could see us making a few short trips here and there, not sure if we'll add on there or not. We bought enough points to go every other year, I could see us adding on enough to go every year split between WDW and DL.

And yes, I'm am excited about Alaska Air to Hawaii out of Seattle (including the direct to Kauai, DW already is asking how many miles for the first class upgrade). When's that DVC Hawaii opening? :-)

My biggest question is: Have you ever been to WDW? If the answer is no, I would visit before I would decide to only visit every 3 or 4 years. We are DL fans big time (I worked there in college, and we have annual passes). However, after our first trip to WDW and our stay at SSR, we have planned 3 trips a year. (I know this is more trips than most people take, but we are big Disney fans) We will probably use all of our current points at WDW. We will buy points at DLR when they become avaliable.
Exactly the same here, except we only get to WDW twice a year. We will also buy add on points if a DLR DVC is built. We've used points at DLR, but it costs alot more points for the DLR hotels than a DVC would for the same amount of nights, and no kitchens, or free laundry facilities.

We're still in the planning stages, but we're in WA and we absolutely plan on buying in at some point. Probably through resale and then adding on, but that's still joining. :)

I have never even been to WDW! Neither has DH. But I'm sure we'll like it. Plus, I have family in and near Orlando, so it would be an excuse to visit, but NOT stay with the family. I don't much like staying with family...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter