What are YOU currently Cross Stitching?

I am VERY new to cross stitching and bought a small Snow White pattern. I would like to put it on a t-shirt for my daughter. Any ideas how to do this? Obviously it would be hard to do it right onto the t-shirt. THanks in advance for your help!

Hi Blake, actually it is not hard at all and using a T-shirt works just fine! I have done MANY cross stitch projects on all types of shirts. All you do is buy yourself some waste canvas and put some backing on the inside of the wrong side of the shirt you are going to be stitching on. The waste canvas is what you use instead of aida if you will. Then when you are completely done with all the stitching you wet it..then use tweezers to pull out all the waste canvas strands. THIS is the part I hate. Very time consumming and takes patience. But so rewarding when you are finished. I just made my mom an angel loaded with beads and my mother n law a wild cat, both shirts this past Christmas. They loved them. Oh yeah, you only want to hand wash these shirts after wearing them. Sometimes its nice to include a small not card typed up to include in your box if it is gift. Like a curteousy care for card. Good luck, let us know if you decide to make a shirt! Cherie'

StitchNTime,
Thanks for you help! Cross stitching has a vocab of it's own! I am going to take notes from your post and take it to Rag Shop and have them show me what I need! I have bought the shirt & the cross stitch--now just need the supplies. I will post again if I have questions! BTW, my mom's name is Shere. I think it is pronounced the same as yours, Cherie'.

Hi Blake it is nice to meet you! :wave: That is great you have a cross stitch store you can go to to get help. I'm sure they will point out everything you need for your project. Is this your first cross stitch project? Because I don't really recommend starting out with waste canvas as a first project....but thats me! The biggest pain is when your finished stitching it is pulling out all the threads. But it is so rewarding when your completely finished and can wear it. Good luck to you and hey....let me know how its going! I'd love to hear what you think of waste canvas. I LOVE using it cause like I said....nothing like WEARING your cross stitch and they can make very special gifts. Hugs, Cherie

By the way...my name is pronounced with the French pronounciation. Not Sherry. And just so you know in case you didn't already...there are two Cherie's here at DIS forums...but I put a hyphen on the end of my name. Happy stitching to you!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter