What disney movie songs should I put in our video?

camtheriot

DIS Veteran
I am putting together videos of our last Disneyworld trip (one for me, and one for my sister) with the pictures from our trip. And I want to put some Disney movie songs in the background, anyone have any ideas of what songs I can put?? I'm thinking I'll open with "When you wish upon a star". Seems like that would instantly bring back all of those wonderful "Disney" memories. What Disney songs bring back those special moments for you?? :wizard:

Oh, and Does anyone know the name of the composer/orchestra that sings "when you wish upon a star" that is in the Wishes song?? :confused3

Thanks everyone... I can't wait to hear your responses!! :cheer2:

When You Wish Upon a Star for general MK pictures or Fantasyland

Yo Ho Ho for anything pirates/Adventureland

Zip A Dee Doo Dah or Woody's Round up for Frontierland

You've got a friend in me for any charecter pictures

Circle of Life or Hakunah Matata- anything AK

Aerosmith, Star Wars Theme, Indiana Jones music American Idol theme, or
something 'spooky/scary' sounding (for TOT) - DS

Epcot I'm totally stumped on. Maybe Illuminations soundtrack stuff for pics of World Showcase but future world i'm clueless :confused3

For EPCOT use Illuminations soundtrack for WS and Soarin soundtrack for FW. The song that brings back memories is Remember the Magic its a few years old, but still a great song.

We made a photo collage video of our kids.

One section was them eating different things throughout our vacation and we played the song "Rumbly in my Tumbly" from Winnie the pooh, it came out great!!

We also used when you wish upon a star for some more meaningful pics, meeting charactors etc and we also used "you've got a friend in me" for any of the pics of the kids holding hands, playing with other kids etc...

Good Luck!

For our MK day, I used "When I See an Elephant Fly" from the O Mickey Where Art Thou soundtrack; also used "Zippity Do Dah" off of Music from the Park (but I really like the "rumbly in my tumbly" idea and may steal it for next time!).

For DSH---"You've Got a Friend in Me", seems like a popular pick!

For Epcot---used "True to your Heart" from Mulan soundtrack (b/c we did a lot of China pavilion stuff including watching the Chinese Acrobats) the song has sort of an electric kind of vibe--so it worked also for the future world stuff we did; another nite I used "Ever Ever After" from Enchanted--DD was dressed as Snow White, and we saw Snow White and Dopey, and then had dinner with the princesses at Akershus.

For DD's trip to BBB and the Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella and PRince Charming, used "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" by Gloria Estefan from Music in the Parks.

AK--"Circle of Life" and medley of "I Can't Wait to be King/Hakuna Matata".

Good luck!

"It's a Small World" would work for Epcot...sure, the ride's at MK but Epcot IS a small world:thumbsup2

I like an upbeat version for out first song so I chose, from HSM, "What time is it?" You know..."What time is it? It's summertime, it's our vacation!"
My kids love Wizards of Waverly Place so I threw some of that in there. On amazon there are some pop singers singing the Disney Classics that I found worked good especially when I got to my third trip dvd and had already used all the favorite classics on the first couple of trips. I also loved the song "Walking right down the middle of main street USA" for those pic's on main street. Hope that helps!

Here's just some different ideas:

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" when meeting the Princesses or while in Fantasyland at MK.

"Be Our Guest" from Beauty & the Beast for restaurant pics or for Beauty & the Beast LIVE at DHS.

"Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid for swimming pics.

"Yo Ho- a Pirate's Life for Me" for Adventureland at MK.

"You've Got a Friend in Me" for Toy Story Mania or when meeting Buzz and Woody.

"Hakuna Matata" from Lion King for AK.

"I Just Can't Wait to be King" from Lion King for Safari pics at AK.

"Walkin' Down Main Street USA" for arriving at MK and Main Street.

"Zip-a-dee Doo-dah" for Frontierland.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but what do you guys use to make your photo video? I was going to do this after our last trip but gave up b/c everything I saw used a MAC which we don't have. Thanks for all the song ideas!

I don't mean to hijack this thread but what do you guys use to make your photo video? I was going to do this after our last trip but gave up b/c everything I saw used a MAC which we don't have. Thanks for all the song ideas!

I use Windows Movie Maker, it came with my computer. It works fine for me, because I am so not up with technology. :rotfl:

This thread isn't really related to theme park planning, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

I am putting together videos of our last Disneyworld trip (one for me, and one for my sister) with the pictures from our trip. And I want to put some Disney movie songs in the background, anyone have any ideas of what songs I can put??

One of my favorite compilations was with "Little Wonders" from Meet the Robinsons.

I use Proshow Gold. It is as simple or advanced as you want to make it.

My last video took 2 DVDs as we took 2800 pictures.

One of my favorite music combos is where I used "Little April Showers" from Bambi for our pictures taken during an afternoon shower. I also used "A whole New World" for some of my Epcot pictures. I took great photos in BuzzLightyear and combined them with "Strange Things" from Toy Story. And of course I ended the movie with the "Mickey Mouse Alma Mater".

For my next trip I purchased a 5 CD set of Classic Disney music, Several volumes of Disney's greatest hits, Mannheim Steamroller meets the Mouse, Pirates of the Caribbean, and O Mickey Where Art Thou (Disney done Bluegrass style).

I also have Wishes & Spectromagic sound files to use.

We will be taking 4 cameras and an HD video camera, so I expect to get some great pictures for our video.

Another vote for Proshow Gold from Photodex; there is a bit of a learning curve, but you can do some amazing things. Their latest version includes slide style templates that lets you get very nice effects by just dropping the photos into it. Each show I do is a little bit better than the last!

Thanks everyone, I LOVE the ideas!!! I'm making my list - what wonderful songs... I've been singing them all day! I just know these will make my video so special :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter