• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What exactly is the Illuminations Cruise?

lolatuck

Mouseketeer
My hubby suggested doing a romantic boat ride at night, but from what I can gather you can't rent a boat after regular business hours.

Then I saw someone mention the Illuminations Cruise. I'm not sure what this is or what it costs, but it sounds nice. It may be a way to get in that romantic boat ride hubby wants.

Any details would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Lola

Like DC noted, an IllumiNations cruise is a 60 minute, pontoon boat ride that takes you around Cresent Lake, Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin Resorts, and MGM Studios. Ending between UK and France (under the bridge) to watch the fireworks presentation. Then back to the Bayside Marina Dock. Yes, it is very difficult to book because there are only 6 boats (and Breathless) available each night due to the docking under the bridge.
Meanwhile, on nights that there are fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, there are similar cruises available from Wilderness Lodge, Contemp, Grand Floridian, or The Poly. A 60 minute pontoon boat ride that takes you around Bay Lake, the 5 resorts, the Wedding Chapel and the TTC. MUCH more sight-seeing to do on this cruise. depending on the time of the fireworks, you may also get to see the Electric Water Pagent and of course the Fireworks above the Castle. This cruise has more romantic options due to the vast area that can be covered. You can also order wine or champange, Tuxedo Strawberry's, well, just about anything your heart desires and your wallet can cover.

Any other questions?

Is the price listed for the cruises per person?
I saw the one from the say poly was $120. didnt know if that was per person of for up to 4 people

No, the price is Per BOAT!
There are two size pontoon boats.
The larger boat can carry up to 10 adults and the driver.
The smaller about 8 adults and the driver.

At IllumiNations they usually only use the large pontoons, except when one is in drydock for repairs, then they would put the smallest party of the smaller boat.
At the Magic Kingdom, there is about a 50/50 mix of both sizes.

Wow that is great price, sorry to be a pest, but if there is just the two of us, do we have the boat to ourselves or do they put more people on and you divide the cost.

Originally posted by PhillyDisnynut
Wow that is great price, sorry to be a pest, but if there is just the two of us, do we have the boat to ourselves or do they put more people on and you divide the cost.

LOL, your not a pest!
No, that is totally up to you, two or ten, same price it's your boat.
BUT, if you poke around some of the other Topics here, there are a few that help family's share a cruise.

The ONLY time you will ever be put on a boat with "strangers" is when you are on the Grand Plan and the cruise is part of your package. Then you are put together on one boat until it is fill.

I booked the cruise for my wife's birthday this october, so I don't know to many details except the cost was $200 because I requested a birthday theme. Cake and decorations etc. I called at 7:00 a.m. exactly 90 days prior to her birthday. Have all of your info ready. Remember to use the countdown calender on this site. You don't want to mess up because a month has 30 or 31 days in it. Good luck and keep a few days open in case you get shut out of your first option. :cool:

For romantic cruise, I highly recommed the Breathless...well worth the money and it makes for a very memorable night, especially for those special occasions. Book early as Breathless tends to book quickly. Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter