What has exceeded your expectations?

Sunsets in Yuma, Arizonia, 50 miles off the north tip of sea of Cortez...when we first settled here, spouses of the Marines said that this as the best sunsets in the world. Just came from Tucson...their sunsets not so good. Here, folks gather in the streets and knock on neighbors doors for the grand sunsets.

Jr's Cheesecake in NYC.

I wanted 3 things, a NY slice, Junior's Cheesecake, and Katz's Pastrami sandwich. I had high expectations for the pizza, which was delicious but no different than pizza in the mall. I had low expectations of the cheesecake because I am very particular about how cheesecake is in consistency and flavor. I thought no way is it as good as people say and I was blown away. In fact, I just found out for my birthday, someone ordered through mail a Junior's Cheesecake for my birthday in a couple of weeks, exciting! LOL. I had also that year ordered a Junior's for my daughter's birthday 2 years ago (which was a sampler with all the stuff on top and the mail person left it on my porch on it's side. Still cold with dry ice packs but all the toppings had run off. I was more than furious as it was a very expensive purchase. Still delicious though.)

We didn't make it to Katz. I hope we can someday make another trip and get a Pastrami sandwich.

Banff/Jasper/Yoho national parks. I took a hike in the Lake O'Hara alpine region of the Canadian Rockies that was akin to a religious experience. Just breathtakingly beautiful.

Humanity. Sure there are negative things we can point at during these times but hot damn! Millions of people have contributed their all, collaborated with only pure intentions, and risen to so many challenges put forth to us this year.

So many people quietly in the background excelling at do the right thing.

Hawaii. I thought it would be one of those places that were overrated due to all the hype, but there isn't a single day I don't think about going back.

Seville, Spain. I didn't know too much about it before we went, we were just looking for a convenient city to spend a few days before going to see my cousin in Madrid, and Seville was a much quicker train ride than Granada. I adored it. I've never been to a city that smelled that good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter