What Have Been Your Recent Alamo Experiences?

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
Now that Alamo is at the Orlando Airport, and sharing space with National, I was wondering how they are performing.

I know in the past, there were numerous complaints about long waits for pickups, and the poor condition of cars when they were offsite.

Has anyone used them recently that can report on their experiences with Alamo?

Thanks!:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Well, I didn't use Alamo recently, but I have a few comments to make.

FYI, National desk is next to Alamo desk now at the MCO

I got in line to pick up my car National at midnight on Jan 2. Only l clerk working and a long line of people waiting. Took about 35 min.

The Alamo line had twice as many people waiting, but had two agents working, too. The Allamo line went must faster. I was really frustrated with the slowness of National, but I guess that is to be expected at midnight with less agents wortking.

I was alllowed my choice of fullsize cars and took a dodge interprid, a large car with a big trunk which we needed. Return was very quick.The pickup/return of cars for Alamo iis right next to the National cars pickup/dropff site. Both very convenient.

Herc.

I picked up my Alamo car on 12/23/02 at 9:30 a.m. This is the best time to arrive at MCO, since few flights have arrived yet. There was no line at the Alamo or National counters.

llupin,

Our flight is planned to arrive at MCO about 8:30am. It's the same flight we have taken several times, and never had any lines at National, although we became EA members.

I just signed up for Quicksilver at Alamo, so I'm waiting for my # to make the reservation. I know I've read that Alamo was famous at one time for their lines. Let's hope this has changed permanently. Seems like you had a good experience. :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We've used Alamo twice recently (got them both times via Priceline). First time we arrived at midnight, the same time as a huge international flight. There were tons of people in line, but Alamo had the counter fully staffed so we moved as quickly as possible. The only bad thing was that, unlike Avis, you do not get assigned a particular car and then leave as soon as you get it, you just pick any car in your category and then have to wait in another line to leave. That line typicaly takes a long time. On our second trip, we arrived early in the morning, so there was no line at the counter or when driving out. The cars were okay...kind of dinged up but they ran fine. Returns have always been very painless. They are okay...I like Avis better but would use them if the price is right.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

When you pick your car with Alamo, are they in the same rows as National or are they separate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter