What is the BEST cruise tip you ever learned from the Dis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure it is here somewhere, but

Make sure to leave room on your credit card to rebook.:thumbsup2

I learned that you can have your purchases sent to your stateroom from the shop on CC. I was hoping I didn't have to bring my stuff with me on the beach! Looking forward to utilizing this tip in November!

OVD! I love it! :rotfl:

It took me two nights, but I got through this whole string. I don't know how I missed it actually, but thanks to whoever bumped it recently so I spotted it. I have everything written down in my "cruise planning notebook" - just a 5" x 5" spiral bound I found at Michael's in the $1 bins, but it's great to jot down my notes.

We leave in two weeks and I'm super obsessed with the planning, so these tips are great! :thumbsup2

I have a little notebook too! It only has cruise info/notes/tips/FE info. I will take it with me on our cruise NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I are going on our 4th Disney Cruise in June with my 9 year old DD. I have a few hints:

1. Get your kids involved in the kids program right away - the sooner they meet kids the easier it is to make friends. Once the friends "pair up" it is more difficult to break in.

2. Tell your waiter that you want the kids served first and they will get them out very quickly, then one parent can drop them off at the club or the lab and be back before the main course is served. Most of the waiters watch and know not to bring your food when you are delivering you kids to the club. This allows you to enjoy time with the kids and still have a leisurely dinner to yourselves.

3. Make sure you sign on to your cruise dates on the board - you can get your kids to email other kids and get to know each other before they even board.

4. If you don't already have it, order the cruise DVD from reservations - then play it for you kids often! They will be more comfortable with what to expect and it "extends" your vacation by thinking about the fun before you even get there!

5. Relax - as a mother, it is truly the only vacation I have ever had!

Wow! What great tips!
We're planning our first cruise, so I am definitely subscribing to this one. :thumbsup2

You know, from all the reading I have done on these boards before our cruises, I think the #1 tip can be distilled down to 3 words...

ONLY CRUISE DISNEY!!!

:thumbsup2

John

You know, from all the reading I have done on these boards before our cruises, I think the #1 tip can be distilled down to 3 words...

ONLY CRUISE DISNEY!!!

:thumbsup2

John

:confused3: You mean to tell me there's another cruise line? ? ? :lmao:
Everyone knows DCL is #1 :cool1: :woohoo: :goodvibes: :thumbsup2:

I have been on a dozen cruises and have never used an iron, steamer or dryer. That whole process is just too time consuming.

I pack a can of spray starch, prior to leaving our stateroom in the morning I would spray down out dinner clothes, give em a little tug and hang them back up. Just before I went to sleep I would spray down my daytime clothes for the following day.

Simple, quick and back to the fun!

~happy sailing

The best tip I got from the DIS was to make door decorations!! I could find my room so easily AND we got so many compliments! :)

Rora is right - you'd think, from these boards, that everyone decorates their door - but they really don't. So our magnetic names and mickey ears were not only easy to spot, but I heard many people walking by saying "gee, we should have done that". :goodvibes

What are the different ways people decorate their doors? Are the doors magnetic?

I LOVE this thread! I am making notes and making plans even though my cruise is not until August 1!:yay:

The doors are metal - so anything magnetic will stick to them. People recommend that anything you put on it is personalized, so it's much less likely to be stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter