What is the right off-site for us?

Kathytoo

Earning My Ears
Please help! We need a hotel for the first night in Orlando. We will be arriving on Sat, Jan 12. Haven't got our air tickets yet, but would guess we will arrive a little before noon. ( That is what has happened every other time) We need
-- 2 rooms ( one with 2 adults, 1 teen; one for three adults, 2 kids age 5&10)
-- Free roundtrip shuttle to Sea World that day
-- Convenience from the airport, and to The Yacht Club on the 13th.
-- Clean
-- Spacious, but not necessarily fancy
-- 3 beds or two and a pullout/daybed in both rooms would be great.
-- Queen beds are preferred, but not necessary unless there is only two beds in the room.

Can anyone help? With all of the great discounts offered, we'd like to get a good deal. Thanks!

If I'm reading you right, you have 5 adults and 3 kids, plus you want to go to SW the aft. you arrive. I wuld suggest a hotel by SW. Hawthorn Suites is a nice hotel by SW and they have spacious 2 br suites and some really good deals on their internet site.

go to www.hawthornsuites.com and check the special on their homepage. The SW locations is almost always a good deal. They also have a SW special with some free tickets on their site.

Also, we stayed at the new Marriott Residence Inn in August. I highly recommend this hotel. Drive time is 5 minutes to SW on a new road that is not busy. try wwwquikbook.com for rates. Usually $l05. per nite for 2br2bath, plus full bkfst.

Another option is the Vistana villages on Int. Dr.

Thanks for the suggestions,hercamore! I don't have time right now to check out the sites you listed, but will as soon as I get back home. Just wondering, how difficult/ long would it take to get to the Yacht Club from those hotels on a Sunday morning? Thanks again!

Should be about a 10 minute drive to the boardwalk area from the SW location. Sunday morning will probably be a low traffic time. If you have never been to Disneyworld, I would invest in a good map of Orlando. Barnes and NObles carries some good ones.

With the large group you have I would suggest renting a home. Florida Leisure has very
nice homes with pools, and washer and dryer, garage for car. We rented one in June and I
will never again stay in a hotel or motel. We rented a four bedroom, 3 bath home in summer for 102 a night. I thought that was great, enough room for the 4 adults and 2 teens we had.
Check it out........Nice neighborhood, clean home.

Are there homes that you can rent for just one night? I always thought you would have to rent it for a full week, or at least a weekend. We already have reservations for the Yacht Club for 6 of our 7 nights. Thanks for the suggestion and the answer to my question!

You can rent them nightly. At least some of them charge a higher rate for the first night of the stay (cleaning & pool service fees). You'd have to contact them and about the one you select. I would not ordinarily suggest this but since you are going during the slowest time of year and since travel has declined so dramatically, perhaps it would be an option to arrive without reservations. Along South International Drive, there is an Official Orlando Visitors Center where you will find a black book with same day discount rates at some of the area's nicest hotels and suites. This is only for walk-ins, no phone calls. Even if they don't have something that looks and sounds good, you will see plenty of billboard ads and won't have to wonder about location and how nice the place is.

Another alternative is to check the hotel discounts listed on Go 2 Orlando's web site for suites. There are excellent prices right now - choose a nice hotel chain with a property located on South International Drive and you will end up pretty close to Sea World.

Just take a look at the current Top Ten Discounts at Orlando area hotels! Examples are Sierra Suites, 1 mile from Sea World and Hawthorne Suites, 3 miles from Sea World, near Universal. Sierra has a studio room, with continental breakfast for $57. Hawthorne has a 1BR suite with full hot breakfast for $69. Both sleep 6 (two queens plus sleeper sofa); both offer free shuttles to all area parks on a limited schedule. We prefer 2BR timeshare villas with the extra bathrooms, much more space & amenities. But for only one night or families who only use the place to sleep and shower, these are a very good deal! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter