What kind of numbers does Florida need to come off of the quarantine list?

You then have to wait for the negative result before you can end your quarantine, so if your testing location takes 3-5 days to get you the result, you must quarantine for those additional 3-5 days.

I don‘t read that in the article I see. It says quarantine for 3 days, then test. If that test comes back positive.. you must return to quarantine. So implies no quarantine while waiting for results. Of course, assuming you are asymptotic.

I don‘t read that in the article I see. It says quarantine for 3 days, then test. If that test comes back positive.. you must return to quarantine. So implies no quarantine while waiting for results. Of course, assuming you are asymptotic.
That’s assuming it’s a rapid test. NY isn’t going to want you breaking quarantine if you’re waiting on test results. You’re going to have remain in quarantine while waiting. I’m sure that will be broached with Cuomo at a press conference this week though for clarity.

That’s assuming it’s a rapid test. NY isn’t going to want you breaking quarantine if you’re waiting on test results. You’re going to have remain in quarantine while waiting. I’m sure that will be broached with Cuomo at a press conference this week though for clarity.

There are really no general public rapid testing sites available. Maybe this will spur some. I’m sure it will be clarified in the next few days.

Also curious what will happen if you test out of state but don’t have that result by the time you fly. As well as how much all this will cost. I’m sure insurance companies won’t want that cost.

There are really no general public rapid testing sites available. Maybe this will spur some. I’m sure it will be clarified in the next few days.

Also curious what will happen if you test out of state but don’t have that result by the time you fly. As well as how much all this will cost. I’m sure insurance companies won’t want that cost.
Yeah the cost will be quite prohibitive. I know here in FL, you can go to AdventHealth to get a rapid test with no appointment, but it’s $180 a test, so a family of 4 is almost $500. That’s nuts.

It’s basically still a 14 day quarantine with an early release for good behavior (negative test).

We used it earlier this month before driving back to MA and it was great. We just drove up, no appointment, and there were only two cars ahead of us. Not even a line, there were enough people to do all three cars at once. It's free, it was fast, and they gave each of us a five pack of reusable cloth masks (the kind infused with copper and silver).

Only one complaint - they told us we'd be texted and emailed when the results were ready, but neither of us got either. We were tested on Thursday and I eventually went online on Monday to see if it was ready. The report was dated Saturday.

@Moliphino- do they do nasal swab or throat swab?

Yeah the cost will be quite prohibitive. I know here in FL, you can go to AdventHealth to get a rapid test with no appointment, but it’s $180 a test, so a family of 4 is almost $500. That’s nuts.

It’s basically still a 14 day quarantine with an early release for good behavior (negative test).
My health insurance is going to continue to pay for Covid tests until 12-31. I also confirmed with a rep,.She said as long as a doctor orders. I need to confirm this includes out of network. She said it was any kind of Covid test.

Today, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst) announced it will be extending benefits for fully insured members put in place during the public health emergency to ensure the health and safety of the members and communities it serves. The benefits, which include the patient cost share waivers for the testing and treatment of COVID-19, were set to expire September 30, 2020 and will now be extended through December 31, 2020.

Below is from the NY Covid website.
For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
  • Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
  • The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
  • On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
To me, if seems like you can test on the first day back in NY and again on day 4. If both are negative you can stop quarantining at that point. It seems they are allowing 3 days for people who may be driving rather than flying.
I hope NY has enough tests on hand for the demand the holiday travel season will bring.

Below is from the NY Covid website.
For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
  • Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
  • The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
  • On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
To me, if seems like you can test on the first day back in NY and again on day 4. If both are negative you can stop quarantining at that point. It seems they are allowing 3 days for people who may be driving rather than flying.
I hope NY has enough tests on hand for the demand the holiday travel season will bring.
And that confirms that you must remain in quarantine while waiting for the results of that second test. It’s not like you can go out the morning of day 4, get a test, then go out for breakfast and go about your life while waiting for the results of that test. If that test takes 3-4 days to get results, you must quarantine those additional days.

BUT, those 3 days that you are waiting to take the second test must be quarantine days in NY. You can’t go about your regular life once you’re back waiting to take the second test.

So for NY Disney travelers, you would need to find a testing location in Florida to have a test done before you travel back to NY, then quarantine for 3 days and on the 4th day, get another test. You then have to wait for the negative result before you can end your quarantine, so if your testing location takes 3-5 days to get you the result, you must quarantine for those additional 3-5 days.

Here in NY, tests can take 3-5 days before you get the results. Rapid testing requires an appointment several days in advance. What is the waiting period in Florida? If you have to wait 3-5 days before getting your test results, that means you’ll have to go get tested at the start/middle of your trip so you have the results before flying. Which really defeats the purpose since one still has many opportunities to be exposed after being tested that early in the trip.

Also, my insurance company (Blue Cross Blue Shield) only pays for testing if your doctor refers you or it’s “medically necessary”, meaning testing solely for return to work or to get out of quarantine isn’t covered. I know at the urgent care near my house, tests not covered are $150 each plus the cost of the urgent care visit.

Here in NY, tests can take 3-5 days before you get the results. Rapid testing requires an appointment several days in advance. What is the waiting period in Florida? If you have to wait 3-5 days before getting your test results, that means you’ll have to go get tested at the start/middle of your trip so you have the results before flying. Which really defeats the purpose since one still has many opportunities to be exposed after being tested that early in the trip.

Also, my insurance company (Blue Cross Blue Shield) only pays for testing if your doctor refers you or it’s “medically necessary”, meaning testing solely for return to work or to get out of quarantine isn’t covered. I know at the urgent care near my house, tests not covered are $150 each plus the cost of the urgent care visit.
And those are the main issues with this new plan. It’s really not going to be feasible for people to do. Either they’re going to have to pay high prices (like $500 for a family of 4) to get tested prior to leaving their destination or they’re going to have trouble getting results when they are needed.

I really couldn’t see an instance where NY would be ok with someone quarantining for the 3 days, getting a test on the 4th day and then breaking quarantine while waiting for the results to come back. That makes no sense to me. That person could be positive during those days they’ve now broken quarantine. My guess is it will be further outlined this week, but I would have to assume that you would need to remain quarantined until that second test comes back negative. Otherwise it defeats the entire purpose.

I think more people are just going to continue to do the 14 day quarantine, as long as they are able. A lot less hassle and much cheaper.

I'm not sure about the quarantining while awaiting the 2nd set of test results. If you look at the "less than 24 hour" protocol, it requires a test but no accompanying quarantine. (For returning to NYS):
https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
That’s pretty much always been the case. NY has always been ok with people leaving NY for less than 24 hours or only passing through for less than 24 hours. If anything, this just makes it more restrictive in that they now have to get that test on the 4th day. Prior to this change, if you left for less than 24 hours, you didn’t have to do anything upon your return to NY.

So of course we have a unique situation and would love for input on it.

We live in NY and spent last week in FL, returned home Friday 10/30 and have been in quarantine since. With Cuomo’s new plan, would we be able to get a test on 11/4 (when the plan starts) and then leave quarantine once we get the negative results? We would have been quarantined for 5 days at the time of testing, and by the time we get our results, we could cut our 14 day quarantine short by about 4 days, which helps with work. Or is this new plan only available to those arriving in NY on or after 11/4? Because realistically, that’s just an arbitrary date chosen by the Governor and there’s no difference between that and when we arrived home 4 days earlier than that.

Obviously we would not have the negative test from Florida because it wasn’t announced before we left. But I wonder if since we will be quarantined additional time, if it could supplement that? Is there a number I can call about all this, does the health department take calls?! So confusing! Lol

The test has to be taken within three days of leaving the high risk state, so you can't do it too early in a trip.

In MA, if you don't have the test results before entering the state that's an on option on the travel form. They just text you every day for 14 days and say to keep your results handy once you get them in case anyone asks.
In CT I think there's a way to submit your test results later if you don't have them when you enter the state.
I'd assume NY would have something like those options in place, too.

Not sure which part of NY you are asking about (probably the city?!), but we are in WNY and we have rapid testing all around us. Dates, times, and locations are posted weekly. Appointments are needed. Cost is free.

I'm near Saratoga. I haven't found a site that tests without symptoms/screening, and none that offer rapid testing.

but still I'd have to follow PA's list of quarantined states to keep my employer happy
PA has a list of states visited via travel that are encouraged, not mandated or enforced, to quarantine Upon returning home

Quite a few PA resident’s employers have instituted policies that require an at home quarantine before returning to work

it’s a fluid situation, things could easily shift if infection rates ramp up

I'm near Saratoga. I haven't found a site that tests without symptoms/screening, and none that offer rapid testing.
try CVS route 9 in wilton go online to make appointment, daughter got some day appointment .

I haven't caught up on the thread since NY posted the new guidelines - has anyone come across articles or suggestions that PA will follow suite?

Ct is now doing covid testing right at the airport (Bradley). Results are supposed to be available in 24 hours. Quarantine will end as soon as a negative test result is received.
Does anyone have experience with the testing at BDL? This started in early October?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter