What restaurant was one and done for you?

Le Cellier... way too much money for a very basic okay steak at a too small table that was WAY too close to other tables.
Same! We won't go back there, either. The tables are just TOO close together. We heard every word of the two conversations happening at the tables on both sides of ours. We barely talked because we didn't want to complain to each other about the food and experience as those next to us raved positively about it! Our server couldn't describe the cheese plate. Steak was only average, definitely not what I would normally expect from a steakhouse in that price range. Side dish serving was pathetically small.

I definitely have one that everyone seems to love! We ate at Art Smith's Homecomin, after anxiously awaiting to eat there! I was really excited due to all the favorable reports. We ordered the chicken dinner. The waitress recommended only ordering one as they were pretty big portions, so that's what we did. The chicken was okay, nothing to be bragged about. But the Potatoes!!!! They were soupy thin and you had to eat them with a spoon. They also had some weird spice in them so they tasted funny. The rest of the meal wasn't that good including biscuits. We were really disappointed in the meal, and the waitress charged us for 2 meals anyway. It was my fault for not looking at the receipt until later, and didn't want to go back to dS to change it. So, one and done for me.
Agreed! One of my pieces of chicken was good - I understood why folks say its good. The other two were totally dried out and seemed to have no flavor in comparison. Potatoes were ICKY - and mashed potatoes tend to be my favorite food. Biscuits were salty (that's just dumb).

I agree we were do close we were sharing food with the next table and Ed didn’t even know them! Not kidding ! I asked them about a dish and they gave me some ! We were sitting right on top of each other !! Crazy !

Nine Dragons, the chinese restaurant in Epcot. It's probably been over 20 years since we tried it, so we were defintely not impressed at all. Too salty, rude and slow service, and over priced. We could get twice the quality for half the price at our hometown places.

I would agree on the Thanksgiving family style there - it's just meh - too salty. However - LUNCH on the a la carte menu is awesome! The Pot Roast is a consistent favorite - but they usually have a great salad and a burger on the menu, too.

There is no a la carte menu currently.

Ohana. Service was horrific. When you make an ADR - don't seat parties 45 minutes late. An alcoholic drink order placed as your FIRST THING - shouldn't arrive with dessert. When your table of 3 watches you serve your table of 8 every single time you make a round through the dining room - yet you never come to our table, we will be angry. Don't ask me if I want x meat five times when I have told you to please make sure that we get the opportunity to get x meat at least once! Find a way to make that happen. Yes, I asked you to refill my water glass when you did make it to our table, but when its 20 minutes later and its still not done, I'm angry. Especially since I have watched you bring drinks to that party of 8 next to us multiple times during that time and you can't seem to cope with two more glasses. Really. It was pretty much our worst dining experience ever. I know alot of folks love this place - but it was SUCH a bad experience - I just don't know if we can ever give it a second chance. Our server was awful, but so were the meat folks. I think being a small dining party surrounded by larger groups means we really treated as the leftovers.

This was my experience to a tee! I went with my sister and I noticed the large groups were treated so well while we were rushed and ignored. Honestly, Disney needs to get their priorities straight. I'm sure they could manage to knock down a few walls to make the Ohana dining room more expansive.

Ohana (lunch/dinner) and Teppan Edo. Ohana breakfast is nothing to rave about, but I would do it again. I would do Tokyo Dining though, just not Teppan Edo.

I’m probably going to be hated for this, but it was Sanaa. We didn’t really like it. I looked forward to it because of all the good reviews. We even got the bread service which was ok. We didn’t eat much of the food and I hated that we paid so much and didn’t like it.

Same! We won't go back there, either. The tables are just TOO close together. We heard every word of the two conversations happening at the tables on both sides of ours. We barely talked because we didn't want to complain to each other about the food and experience as those next to us raved positively about it! Our server couldn't describe the cheese plate. Steak was only average, definitely not what I would normally expect from a steakhouse in that price range. Side dish serving was pathetically small.
Agree as well, thought it would be nice for a New Years Eve dinner but had to wait a hour past our reservations then the meal was just ok. Felt like we were on a date with 4 other people. We will put it on our list to try again after every other restaurant has been visited. 😀

We've rarely had bad experiences with dining at Disney, and we actually like many of the places mentioned on this list (Plaza Inn, Yachtsman, etc.) But we've had a few that we don't intent to visit again for various reasons:
  • Liberty Tree Tavern: I like it, but I don't need to go again. Still recommend it to others. Don't love the GF options.
  • Be Our Guest Breakfast: This was more like two-and-done, because my parents joined the second trip and I wanted them to check it out. It's fine, we enjoyed it, but I don't need to go again. I liked the QS lunch and would do that again, as the GF turkey sandwich is very good.
  • Cape May character breakfast: Fine, but not great, and only four characters. Maybe if we stayed at Beach Club again? But there are other convenient character breakfast options nearby we would rather try (Bon Voyage Breakfast, Topolino's, etc.)
  • Hollywood & Vine Disney Junior Breakfast: Not great food. DD loved it at 3, and we went with friends whose kids were 4 and 2 at the time, so it was a HIT. But they're all out of that stage now!
  • Restaurantosaurus: Nope. Nope nope nope.

Agree with Be our guest breakfast on the list. Very underwhelming overpriced. Almost Like that they know they can overcharge for mediocre food because you want to see it. Much prefer lunch or dinner if trying to see it. Getting breakfast somewhat right should not that be hard. Overall happy with most places though.

(I love threads like this!) : ) We are eating at so many places for the FIRST time this September (several of which have been mentioned in this thread, aack & lol). Homecomin', Paddlefish, Skipper Canteen, Tony's, Be Our Guest, Sci-Fi, Oga's, Yak & Yeti, Nomad, San Angel, & Topolino's--never eaten at any of these places before, believe it or not, and plan to hit them next month. I'll have to report back here to LYK what we think--will any of them be a one-and-done for us...!? We've been to both WDW & DL maybe 10+ times and I'm not sure I'd classify any place thus far as one-and-done... EXCEPT for Cosmic Rays. It is JUST SO BAD, lol. We will not eat there again. Besides that, I'm not sure! (I will say: having lived & dined in Chicago/worked in great restaurants here--I also enjoy cooking & consider myself a bit of a foodie--I always "adjust" my dining standards & expectations for our WDW trips. We go to Chef Mickey & Crystal Palace (not great food!) for the kids/characters, and visit other places like Chefs de France & CA Grille (pretty good food!) as family traditions w/ my in-laws. I wouldn't say I've ever HATED a singular dining experience, but when we go to Le Cellier or Yachtsman, I know we're not going to think they're nearly as good as our favorite steakhouses in Chicago. If we get pizza in a park, it's not going to taste anything close to what we get at home. And having been a waitress @ places from a Wrigley Field bar to high-end dining, I have empathy for waitstaff under stressful environments--like waiting on crazy, hungry, hot, impatient Disney guests. : ) So my two-cents comes with a grain of salt. Pun intended, har har.) Anyway, I'll check back in here after September w/ a one-and-done update on our newest dining adventures!

Bon Voyage Breakfast, Topolino's

Each of which only have four characters.

Bon Voyage is nice. I haven’t been to Topolino’s yet. But yeah...the same number of characters as at Cape May breakfast.

Tusker House is a big disappointment.

I usually love Indian and African foods. Stewed meat, greens, chilies, bread, rice, etc. So good. So interesting. Hmmm spicy. Or complex.

But Tusker House is nasty. Slimy, bland, everything has coconut. I like coconut, but not on everything. The only thing it has going for it is AC and characters.

At AK these days, we stick with Yak & Yeti or Rainforest Cafe for sit down meals.

The coconut part is just simply not true. Most of the items at Tusker House do not have coconut.

Boatwrights at POR, and San Angel Inn (actually tried this twice) - just bad and overpriced for what we got.

Spice Road Table with past date meat from Publix and frozen potatoes and green beans. Dethroning Tony's as the worst restaurant ever is a feat never before accomplished, but Morocco rose to the challenge.

🤮🤮🤮

I’m probably going to be hated for this, but it was Sanaa. We didn’t really like it. I looked forward to it because of all the good reviews. We even got the bread service which was ok. We didn’t eat much of the food and I hated that we paid so much and didn’t like it.
If you don't like Indian inspired food, you won't like it. We love it, but we love those spices and the style of food.
IMHO the bread service is amazing!
But, its not for everyone.

Mine would be Rainforest Cafe. It is fun to see the inside with the Rainforest but the food was terrible!!

Le Cellier. The chef did not meet a salt shaker s/he didn't like. The whole meal seamed heavily salted. (This was pre-2 credit Signature status)

Sci-Fi Diner (last November) - Boring food, awful service, trapped in a car waiting for a bill that took for ever and a day.

Each of which only have four characters.

Bon Voyage is nice. I haven’t been to Topolino’s yet. But yeah...the same number of characters as at Cape May breakfast.

True! I think they're just more intriguing as they are different characters or new outfits. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter