What ride do others love that you just don’t ‘get’?

It’s gone a bit off topic what I originally thought, but that’s fine.

It originally wasn’t meant to be just rides you dislike. But rides that loads of people seem to like but you personally just don’t “get”.

The most interesting responses for me have been The Haunted Mansion. I can’t imagine not liking that ride but I completely respect that opinion.

I think it’s important that people don’t just like everything there. It’s what makes the place unique that some rides are amazing for some and others just don’t see why. Cause those rides are the ones that really mean something deep to people.

Lots of people don’t like Tomorrowland Speedway, that’s understandable. But people rarely criticise something like Pirates, which I love, and I’m always interested what those rides are, if it’s something I’m missing and if it’s something that could be improved in the future.

Duff beer for me
Duff beer for you
I’ll have a Duff
You’ll have one too

I want to get off
You can’t get off we still have 5 more continents to visit!

:rotfl2: I had almost forgotten about that episode. Anything gets funnier when The Simpsons take a look at it.

The Speedway is a very interesting case, and I think I can provide an answer in the spirit of the question. So, why doesn't someone 'get' the Speedway. It's because they are looking at it in terms of what it does for them, and not what it does for the intended audience.

Why do you think the line is so long? It's long, because 3-10 year old children love it. Instead of worrying about the exhaust, the line, or what else the space could be used for, look at the face of a 5 year old child that is getting out of the car after driving their parents around in Disney World.

That's what the Speedway is about, and if you don't 'get' it, then it's because you're not understanding what it is that you are supposed to be getting.

The Speedway is a very interesting case, and I think I can provide an answer in the spirit of the question. So, why doesn't someone 'get' the Speedway. It's because they are looking at it in terms of what it does for them, and not what it does for the intended audience.

Why do you think the line is so long? It's long, because 3-10 year old children love it. Instead of worrying about the exhaust, the line, or what else the space could be used for, look at the face of a 5 year old child that is getting out of the car after driving their parents around in Disney World.

That's what the Speedway is about, and if you don't 'get' it, then it's because you're not understanding what it is that you are supposed to be getting.
Our 9 yo niece hated the Speedway, but that's because she got super frustrated that she couldn't keep the car straight without hitting the guard rail. DH and I went on it together for the first time (this was during After Hours) and thought it was so fun. I ran into the guard rail on purpose to give him whiplash lol.

It got me thinking; What rides do others find people love but you just don’t ‘get it’ yourself?
For me it’s fireworks. Any fireworks. They’re pleasant enough to look at and I’ll check out a show if by chance I stumble upon it, but the part I don’t “get” is people who plan their days around these fireworks shows.

For me it’s fireworks. Any fireworks. They’re pleasant enough to look at and I’ll check out a show if by chance I stumble upon it, but the part I don’t “get” is people who plan their days around these fireworks shows.
I am not sure fireworks are a ride!!

I am not sure fireworks are a ride!!
Quite right you are. However it's an "experience" at DW whose obsession by some I just don't get. Others have posted about non-ride experiences as well.

To this day, I don't get the allure of the Tomorrowland Speedway...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter