What would make the resort hotels “worth it”?

Maybe a slice of old bread and glass of water, can't even beg to get that at Paradise Pier hotel no food bev options.

I'm pointing this out since they have not lowered room rates even with literally less than 2-star accommodations. I guess it's all about supply vs. demand as long as occupancy stays high they won't bring things back (since guests still pay even without amenities)

Relax in the pool? nope.
Daily housekeeping? nope.

View attachment 664455

View attachment 664457
View attachment 664458
I don't understand why people are staying there at all right now! Also- that is the only place online that still mentioned Donald seaside. It's been completely deleted every where else

I just got back today from a 5 day stay at the Grand. IF you can afford it, I still think it is worth it. I am a first at the gate rope dropper and on site guests get into DTD 15 minutes early (which gives those who are willing to get up a great leg up at the gates to rope drop RSR, WS, ROTR or my personal favorite PP). I am not sure I want EMH to come back as I'm already at security by 6:45 for an 8:00 rope drop.

I also love love love the Disney bubble--like many of us, I have multiple personal and professional stressors and go to DLR for escapism and fantasy and this gives it to me. I stroll DTD, I walk in and out of DCA and I relish being able to run back to my hotel to get something, change clothes, take an easy afternoon break or get wet on Grizzly River and go back to change. Even though anyone can partake of the amenities, it feels like my home away from home to sit in the lounge with a nightcap or sit at the Hearthstone or Craftsman for an afternoon glass of wine. I also enjoy listening to the sounds of DCA on my balcony even though the trees block my view.

I would like to have bed turndown back, daily housekeeping (which I know I can ask for) and better upkeep at the pool. I think things are still understaffed and that these will improve and come back as staffing is up to speed. CMs were all gracious and we had a great stay.

Last edited:
We’re local and staycation at the Grand or DLH 2-3 times per year, often taking advantage of military or Dapper Day discounts like we did that past weekend. Yes, the price is outrageous and more than European or Hawaiian villas in some cases, but there are discounts available at times.

To the excellent posts above and comments about the Disney bubble, I will add this rare but helpful perk: fantastic access on special opening weekends. We stayed at the Grand for the opening weekend of Galaxy’s Edge, the re-opening weekend in May 2021, and the opening of Avenger’s Campus, and all 3 times, hotel guests were allowed to walk directly to the gate at opening, past a lines from DTD and Harbor that were at least an hour long. That was one hour less on our feet and greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter