• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you change about Disneyland?

shellncesar

My Other Home is Disneyland
Hey everyone,
I was listening to the ride soundtracks today and I was thinking about how things are changing so fast and then I thought "what would i change if I had my say" I think that I would take the haunted mansion holiday and take it out of the haunted mansion and put it in the hollywood backlots as a ride all by itself. Then I would take away Honey I shrunk the audience and put in Piliiar Magic, because the shrunk show is too old and I love Phillar magic from wdw. I would open up sleeping beauty's castle to the walk through. I would put a ride on the rivers of america of small boats that couples or small familes can row around, out of the path of the boats. I would put a restraunt on tom sawyers island, with fried catfish and pb and j sandwiches, stuff like that. that is all I can think of now. :confused3

Let me know your thoughts....! :stir:

I agree that they should get rid of Honey I Shrunk the Audience and replace it with PhillharMagic. For any of you who haven't been to WDW and seen PhillharMagic, you are missing out.

I'd also like them to get rid of Innoventions and put something else there.

Phillharmagic is awesome. We never went in to watch it until my sons friend who was doing an internship at WDW talked us into going. One of our favorites and yes it would be cool to have in DL. I know that space is limited and this is not really what you are asking but I have always thought that if they could add a water park at DL the magic would be complete. We love BB and TL at WDW.

Unfortunately, Mickey's Philharmagic is too big to fit into the HISTA theater. The screen for Philharmagic is huge--probably double the size of HISTA's screen.

Mousemom said:
I have always thought that if they could add a water park at DL the magic would be complete. We love BB and TL at WDW.

Well when I was on the ART one time I heard a RUMOR that there was this strawberry field, you know the one on harbor across from the abc grocery and cheveron, and this farmer did not want to sell it to Disney. Disney kept on offering the man millions and millions but he wouldnt sell. Finally he decided to for a hefty sum and that is where they are going to build a water park. Now, I dont know how true this is but it would be cool if they did build one there. Although it would be hard to maintain. :cool1:

I'd reopen the Monorail Cafe at the DLH somewhere and bring back the Dancing Waters shows. Park-wise, I'd change PotC back to its original form and remove the PC garbage. Then I'd bring back the Peoplemover and Submarine Voyage.

Disney has pretty much scrapped the whole water park idea (thank goodness). S CA already had tons of water parks. We don't need another, even a Disney one. I'd rather see that strawberry field turned into a 3rd gate (I'd personally love to see the idea of Wescot return).

Let's see, I'd bring the People Mover back, but if the rumors are true, that's already in the works. I'd love to see Fort Wilderness on TSI reopen, but as that's the Fantasmic dressing room, it's not going to happen. Bring Rock n Roller Coaster to DCA (ok, I've given up on that one, too). Get rid of the Timon parking lot and put some attractions back there (oh, yeah, eventually, that will happen). Hmmn, can we give Pooh his walking papers and bring the Country Bears back?

I'm all for the Country Bears coming back and I still haven't ridden Pooh yet. I just can't after so many bad reviews. I 2nd the People Movers coming back.

Spook50 said:
Then I'd bring back the Peoplemover and Submarine Voyage.

I think the new finding nemo ride will be cool too. I like that movie and disney will do a good job with that. it would be cool to see mermaids in the lagoon. I never saw there, I am too young! The people mover was relaxing, it massaged your feet when you rode it. My brother when he was really young loved that ride. I am glad they took away rocket rods. I think they need to add more exciting attractions to the east of the park, to even things out!

country bears! I don't think I really liked it as a kid, but I miss them now...

also, I may be the only one, but I kind of liked the Rocket Rods...ok, so DH and I rode them when we were just friends before we started dating, so they're kind of nostalgic... LOL

Skyway
Submarines (but I'm interested to see the Nemo ride)

If I could change one thing, it would be Main Street. I don't think Walt's vision was to create a huge Disney Store out of these buildings. Keep with the theme of the street, a turn-of-the-century small town Main Street. Let each store sell items from this time period. Dishware, Old clocks, phones, etc. It would be amazing if Disney designed a line of different items that could only be sold in Disneyland or DisneyWorld. Think of how unique these items would be. I'm so tired of going into these stores and seeing items that can be purchased at any Disney Store in the country. Do you all agree?

I agree with you guys, i'd def bring in philharmagic, it's so disney, bring back the people mover, and take out some of those stores on main street and replace them with a tea shop or something cute like that. I'd put some kind of elaborately decorated walk-through inside the castle where the old one used to be - i only saw that thing once before it was shut up. I'd put blue dye in the water instead of green - green is just peculiar if you ask me. They should deffinately put ther mermaids back in the lagoon. I also think they should make a themed hotel, like one floor would be princess themed, another pirate themed, another pixar themed.

Bring back the People Mover!!!
I agree that HISTA needs to be replaced and so does Innoventions, that place is lame.

Definitely the Peoplemover. Let's get that Columbia sailing ship running again also. :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Columbia is running--has been on most days (at least weekends and crowded ones) since coming back from refurb a year and a half ago. I was there on Wednesday and it was running and Mark Twain was in the dock.

Okay, okay, great thread idea...

I'm with you on the Country Bears, and I'd love to see Philharmagic (that one is unbelievable!!!) I'd even agree that some of the Main Street shops should be individual, specialized shops from the turn-of-the-century.

BUT.....my biggest wish upon dream upon desire...

(fine, I'm melodramatic.....)

BRING BACK WWTBAM!!!!! I want my flipping Millionaire back!!!!! I've been in the hot seat! I've been :crowded: this close to the cruise and I WANT MORE!!!!!

I guess we should be grateful we still have Mr. Toad...

Remove HISTA and Innoventions. I may be in the minority, but I would love to see Mission Space at DL. I think they could fit it in the space occupied by Innoventions and it will definitely bring more people there than Innoventions has in years. And yes, find a place to put Mickey's Philharmagic in Fantasyland, maybe in the area over by Small World where the Snow White show currently plays. They don't need that for a theater anymore since they have the one in DCA. And I would love to see them open up the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough again. That's my favorite Disney movie, and I loved seeing the artwork on the walkthrough as a kid. Star Tours needs an update too.

Now, there's a lot I would do to fix up DCA, but that's for another thread I suppose.

I'm onboard to bring back the People Mover!

What I'd like to see change is Toon Town--just a good overhaul. Our last few trips it has been very dirty (garbage cans over flowing, bathrooms very UNclean--yuck!). What little staff there is back there is spread out pretty thin. It is too bad because it really could be a nice corner of the park (I'd love to see a restaurant with a buffet or meals served family style, and Classic Disney charcters), but now it just has a feeling of being the junk drawer, so to speak, especially as the day wears on.

I'll just agree with everybody else and say Mickey's Philharmagic since its my favorite Disney attraction at any park. Also, the People Mover . I also like the idea of Mission Space where Innoventions is. What a great addition to Tomorrowland that would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter