• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you change about Disneyland?

What would you change about Disneyland?

More unique shops again all over the parks.

Abolish the flashing and glowing toy carts.

Study the very crowded day vs the not so grounded days Guest flow and eliminate 90% of the unneccessary Guest Control ropes and all of the unneccessary Guest Control yelling once the sun goes down.

Maintain high ride vehicle capacity on all of the E-Ticket ranked attractions. They are E-tickets, they were built for high capacity. Use it!! Guests are paying premium prices, they all deserve premium capacity on all the high capacity attractions. Controlling 30-45 minute waits by removing ride vehicles isn't Guest friendly and it only saves Disney money, before they increase the prices again... and then run low-mid capacity on more E-tickets just because it causes a 30+ minute wait in the offseason.

When a ride gets past a 20 minute wait, any time of the year, because the attraction is running lower capacity to save money... that ride should have more vehicles added online.
The Guests are paying for a premium price, they deserve premium capacity, atmosphere and entertainment. :teeth:

My family and I made our first trip to WDW this last December for the Holidays. The only attraction that I actually thought would be great to bring back to DL was Micky's Philharmonic. WOW! I just loved that show. I do also wish that TSI was back to its original self, and I whole heartingly agree with the PC comment about PotC. I somewhat agree about the Mission to Mars ride. I only hesitate because of the motion sickness factor. I'm almost 50 and went on it twice, but my 25 year old son was ruined for a whole day because of it. Still, it would bring on more interest than Innoventions. Oh, can somebody answer this question for me. Isn't California Screamin the same ride as Aero Smith's Rockin Roller Coaster?? It certainly starts off the same!!! Thanks! :tink:
I forgot to mention that I agree about the stores in the parks. EVERYTHING you buy now-a-days has a Disney logo somewhere on it. Now I know that has a purpose, but it did used to be fun and find the little unusual things on Main Street and else where. You guys can flame me, but I was SOOOO dissapointed about Downtown Disney at WDW. :offtopic: I was looking forward to some different stores to shop in, but once again it was all Disney, and mostly stuff I had already seen at the parks. The area was beautiful and cool, but the shopping lacked. Well so much for that subject. Sorry!

I would add a "Sit Down & Soak Your Feet Land." Good way to cure sore feet from walking around the park for hours. ;)

Aside from that, I would bring back the Country Bears. As much as I love Pooh bear, I do miss the Country Bears...especially when Teddy Bearah is sitting on the swing singing "Singin In The Rain." I think I would also change the color of Sleeping Beauty's castle back to it's original color.

You mean changes other than moving D/L closer to Tucson? Bringing the cooler weather with it? :confused3

shellncesar said:
Well when I was on the ART one time I heard a RUMOR that there was this strawberry field, you know the one on harbor across from the abc grocery and cheveron, and this farmer did not want to sell it to Disney. Disney kept on offering the man millions and millions but he wouldnt sell. Finally he decided to for a hefty sum and that is where they are going to build a water park. Now, I dont know how true this is but it would be cool if they did build one there. Although it would be hard to maintain. :cool1:

That's funny, we heard the same rumor on the ART last week when we were there. Only difference is that the driver told us Disney got the field only after the owner DIED, and it was the family the one that sold it. He said he's heard that a waterpark is on the works for that space but that it's only a rumor...I wouldn't mind that happening myself! :banana:

Well as a WDW regular, I would love to see DL be moved to Florida and replace MK. I love WDW resort, but DL is such a superior park to MK.

tinkermell said:
Oh, can somebody answer this question for me. Isn't California Screamin the same ride as Aero Smith's Rockin Roller Coaster?? It certainly starts off the same!!! Thanks! :tink:

Both coasters do start out with a fast launch sequence but other than that they are very different. Screamin only has one inversion and is much longer. It also has some steep drops (one in particular) whereas RNRC doesn't have any. They are both great coasters but I actually prefer CA Screamin as its smoother and longer.

puggymom said:
Well as a WDW regular, I would love to see DL be moved to Florida and replace MK. I love WDW resort, but DL is such a superior park to MK.

Oh, I sooo agree with that statement! All you Disneyland people, take note:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I saw Disneyland for the first time this year and was over-awed by the superiority of the park over WDW's MK. In every detail, DL is a far better park than MK. Please appreciate what you have and fight to save it. Yes, sometimes change is good--but at WDW, there were so many changes, it's no longer the same park! The charm and cuteness of the MK is gone. Yeah, we got plenty of space---but there's nothing in the space! I loved DL so much, I've already planned another trip before the 50th anniversary runs out.

Remove Innoventions. This arcade palace is not family friendly. It's not something "parents and kids can enjoy together" as Walt wanted.

Tarzan's Tree House does not have the heart and soul that the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse did. They tried hard, but it didn't work. Put it back the way it was.

I agree with others -- bring back the People Mover and the Bears!

And while they're at it, bring back the SkyWay (or whatever it was called) that traveled across the park and through the Matterhorn. Make the cages complete and safer is need be, but bring them back.

And lastly -- Offer the Canoes on days other than the weekends please.

-Shawn

I wouldn't say it's big enough for a full themepark but it might be big enough for a small water park. I'm not very good with spaces but I saw it a few times when I was there and that's what I think!

I am a nostalgic gal, so I would bring back the Peoplemover.

I would also like an area where you could visit the attractions/shows/parades/fireworks of the past. Maybe interactive kiosks to relive the sights and sounds of the 50 years of Disneyland. They could have the original imagineers talking about the development of the attractions and show video or stills.

Speaking of the people mover, I remember when I was 6 yrs. old my dad took me and my sister to Disneyland. We went on the people mover and I remember seeing teenagers throwing ice and popcorn at the crowds walking below. I remember seeing 1 group attempting to spit on the tops of people's heads. I hope that never happends again if they were to bring it back. It was really fun riding the People Mover and I do miss it.

I also agree with the above post. They should get rid of Innoventions. I personally do not think it is that fun. I loved the Carousel of Progress at WDW and I'm glad I got to see it before it was removed. I wish they had that at DL or the Kitchen Cabaret. I just loved seeing dancing and singing veggies and fruits singing:"Veggie, Veggie! Fruit, Fruit!" It was so catchy and made me laugh. :rotfl:

Bring back Mr. Lincoln!!!! I hope it comes back after the 50th celebration is over. The ride is so nice when its hot and crowded everywhere else in the park.

What would I change about Disneyland????

NOTHING! :teeth:
I guess you can call me a Disneyland purist!!

Although I never thought the people mover was that great it is my mom's FAV and she was so bummed when it left. We HAD to go on it a few times when we were at DW in Oct or should I say the TTA. I did like it going through space mountain though and we even got to see it with the lights on in FL. I do agree it is a peaceful thing to do when you are tired and I would not mind at all if it came back.

I agree about more E tickets. Especially in Tomorrowland. That land is just POOR at DL. I mean the only "E" ticket there is Star tours and we all know how old and tired THAT is. Get a new movie for god sake. Even George Lucas gave us a new trilogy!

Oh and I know Space mountain is an E ticket but honestly I did not think the rehab was all that great. I mean sure I have always LOVED that ride but was a bit dissapointed and felt it wasn't THAT much different to be honest.

And hey how about America Sings? LOL. I mean it never really belonged in Tomorrowland but I loved it probably because I am nostalgic. Heck I even loved Journey through Inner space but then that is nostalgia talking too. :)

I agree also that our DL is WAY superior to MK but it could use a few more things to make it even better.

Amy&Dan said:
Both coasters do start out with a fast launch sequence but other than that they are very different. Screamin only has one inversion and is much longer. It also has some steep drops (one in particular) whereas RNRC doesn't have any. They are both great coasters but I actually prefer CA Screamin as its smoother and longer.
Thanks Amy and Dan!!! Now that you mention it, I don't remember any long drops on Rockin Roller. I just remember it starting off the same and screamin!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter