What's cooking?

tiggr33

DVC '97
We always have so much fun with these threads, so I thought why not start another. What are you cooking, drinking, preparing tonight/today? Or it could be a what's cooking in your life.

Right now, I'm not really cooking. Wimbledon coverage is starting, so I'm going to watch a little. Then out to Target to see what's on sale - need a new patio set. I do have 3 quarts of strawberries in the dehydrator. I'm brewing a triple strength pot of tea - to make iced tea out of. And for dinner, I think I will prepare a BLT salad.

And I'm waiting patiently for a headhunter to call me back, they sent my resume to their client. Crossing my fingers for more interviews and an offer. The job I am waiting to her about today, on paper sounds like a dream job to me. So if anyone wants to send any extra pixie dust my way, it wouldn't be refused.

So what's cooking in your neck of the woods?

Yo Stacey! Not cooking here, haven't decided what to have for lunch yet, if I eat anything! I'm more of a picker when at the office...

No cooking tonight either - we'll be heading down the shore for the weekend. We'll eat when we get there.

Looking forward to a great relaxing weekend on the beach, with some cocktails too!!!!

I hope you hear back about that job!!!!!! Everything is crossed!

Thanks Tony.

BTW, I was calling out Barneys name last friday when I was in Bloomfield. Cayla thought I was nuts, when I did it. I was near Broughton and Bay and continued on Broughton to about Elston. Was I close?

What part of the shore you at? Does Barney go too?

I'm hoping we don't have to drive down tomorrow. Our boat was supposed to be delivered back from the dealer first last Sunday then yesterday from the re-repairs. (The dealer pierced the hull in 4 places when they replaced the floor under warranty work) As of 8am this morning no show no call for the boat. We were going to go to Greenwood Lake in the morning to do a shake down on it. But if we dont have, I guess we'll have to drive down and get it and put it in the Bay for the day. The season is half over and we havent been on the boat once. The owner of the dealership is a real snake in the grass and a liar (yes a very strong word, but he is).

And you can uncross anything that might hurt if crossed too long

yikes - sorry about the boat! I wish I had a boat! SOMEDAY! And yes you were VERY close to Barney!! If you know where St Valentine's is - I'm down the street from there.

We have a house on LBI in Ship Bottom. We used to get down there every weekend, now it's almost every other weekend LOL. Chris works every other Saturday, and I have to sometimes be here on the weekends. But we do open the house in April and go down usually through October. This year we'll probably close it in November after WDW.

I'm uncrossing my eyes now... ;)

Oh Yes, I know St Val's, but St. Thomas is my families haunt. I should have yelled just a tad louder.

I ate at work, but the drinking is going to start soon!

We have that package deal where the Internet, Cable, and Phone are all on the same bill/package.

Well it is a great system, except when it goes out. I walk in the door tonight and the whole package is out! No phone, No TV, No Internet! And a husband who is whacked out on MSG because he over ordered at the Chinese Take away!:scared1:

UGGGGHHHHH! Well it just came on, so hopefully he will calm down now that he has his lovely Vanna to watch spin that wheel!

I'm a wheel watcher, I'm a wheel watcher......I'll have that song in my head for hours.

I did make the BLT salad for dinner, and had root beer ice cream for dessert. No drinking tonight...opted for a flexeril for my back instead.

I have a triple play too haven't had all three be out at the same time luckily.

Cayla is working tonight, so I am home tonight and there aint nothing on TV tonight. Maybe I'll scare myself silly, the original and remake of Cape Fear are on back to back on Sundance.

To update an earlier post. No boat!!!! Cayla is not a happy camper. They told her it'll be Monday before we see it. She called the boat manufacturer for help. We'll see what happens. I think the dealer is playing games with her now.

Cayla here....

well - the boat is going to be annoying me for a while yet I guess. I am at work (love my job...surfing time is allowed!!)

I am thinking of driving down in the morning - depends on how rough the rest of the night is. I am not sure putting it in the bay is a good option tho - I was hearing about a small craft that was swamped and sunk yesterday or the day before. Seems someone died in the mess - 5 people on board 2 bigger kids (aka adults), and 3 kids - who now only have one parent. A sad thing. I have to say the bay scares me a little.

we did try the Hudson last summer - scared all of us!

The whole story of the boat is more than just this episode...the dealer has been promising repairs and replacement parts since I bought it 3 years ago. This was the last straw actually. I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Triumph's warrantee manager. He is going to intercede in my behalf for this to happen sooner. I don't understand how the customer service end of such a huge industry can be SO bad.

According to the guy at Triumph - this is not unusual for delays like this to happen. Ok, I will understand a little - but to have the boat for a week and not to even call me regarding the status of the repair??? then to call Stacey names on teh phone???? and LIE TO ME???? ooohhh - there goes my blood pressure again....

ok -thinking about Disneyland....calming down.....

so, maybe we will drive down and maybe we won't. I am really going to leave it up to Stacey - she will have to drive down at the least - I know she hates driving with teh trailer, but I may need help coming home after working all night...but I would really like to see Gryl's Pride come home...

how was the salad dear???

yikes Cayla - I hope it all works out! Nothing cooking this morning accept coffee. Then hitting the beach. Barney ate and was walked, He'll stay with Grandma while we're at the beach:thumbsup2

Have a good one boys and girls!

Sucking down coffee planning the day here, yard work, laundry, house cleaning....UGH

As a reward I was thinking ribs on the grill, those Loyds pre cooked kind you just throw on the grill to heat up, unless someone else has a better idea!

Just begining to function here. Large mug of coffee next to me. Just ate a slice of cold white pizza, and a deviled egg. Tonight, will be a clean out the freezer dinner. It'll be on the grill. I also have a craving for devils food cake, so I'll do that on the grill too.

Devils food cake on the grill? :confused3

Thats a new one on me!

I bake on the grill all the time. I have a set of bakeware just for the grill. A grill is basically an oven. I use the gas grill to avoid flavors. Make up a mix, grease a pan(s) ( I will use individual sized loaf pans) set the grill to medium, and put them in. Use a toothpick/skewer just like you would from a regular oven to check for doneness.

Cool, I'll have to try that some time.

Well out to do yard work, anyone wanna take bets on how many fireant bites I get today? :rotfl2:

Headed to the DP's Mom's house for the Sunday visit. We'll return to swim, weather permitting and some burgers on the grill.

Our "boys" are gone <<<sigh>>> so we are going to indulge in large messy burgers with corn on the cob as a side. We'll grill that too.

Neat to hear about the baking on the grill. My DP is totally into grilling so I'll let her in on that one.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday! Back to work for me tomorrow. :sad1:

So I did about an hour of weed pulling, got everything done that I wanted to get done, ran into 4 fire ant mounds but managed to escape without a bite.
They are now dining on a delicious lunch of Ando and Specracide!

It's very hot, so I stripped down and jumped into the pool! :yay: I decided to hook up the creepy crawler to clean the bottom of the pool, and am sitting on the edge of the pool au natural when I spot it! DARN IT! One is on my thumb eating away at my skin! I jumped into the pool, but alas it was too late. I have two welts now. So if you betted on the number 2 you win! It could have been much worse considering what I was wearing! :lmao: Looks like one on my thumb, and one on my wrist. For those of you who don't have to deal with these creatures consider yourself lucky!

So I did about an hour of weed pulling, got everything done that I wanted to get done, ran into 4 fire ant mounds but managed to escape without a bite.
They are now dining on a delicious lunch of Ando and Specracide!

It's very hot, so I stripped down and jumped into the pool! :yay: I decided to hook up the creepy crawler to clean the bottom of the pool, and am sitting on the edge of the pool au natural when I spot it! DARN IT! One is on my thumb eating away at my skin! I jumped into the pool, but alas it was too late. I have two welts now. So if you betted on the number 2 you win! It could have been much worse considering what I was wearing! :lmao: Looks like one on my thumb, and one on my wrist. For those of you who don't have to deal with these creatures consider yourself lucky!

Well - you guys all have it easy....Tiggr33 has finished her coffee and is bouncing around (caffeine I think). I am going to head off to work at 3pm :( not really sure what I will take with me for dinner...not liking the local restaurants these days - just tired of them.

So, does Benedryl work on the bites? I have never delt with fireant bites, only the nasty little black ones. Benedryl works on those...

Mike - I will try to look at that clip later on...gotta go settle the tigger down a bit ;)

Nothing works on fireant bites, just time and patience. You get what appears to be the biggest white head in about 8-10 hours, and it takes about a week for that to go away. You do not want to pop it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter