What's one place you have been to which you would never go back to?

I answered this already, (Los Angeles) but I wanted to add I don't think I'd bother to go back to St. Louis, or anywhere in Texas. Maybe Austin?

DH and I enjoyed going to NYC, we have been several times, Not since all this covid mess. Really after seeing everything on the news and media and hearing about some of our friends first hand experiences, and taking into consideration that everyone says the same thing its not safe. Not enough police to go around, which I will say is not the police fault in my opinion ... When all you hear is how basically the criminals are running the city streets, and homeless are taking over the subways, and the parks... and not enough police to protect and serve the community must less police the tourist areas ( again not their fault), and basically its like the wild west. For me I would never put my family in a situation like this.

While when traveling you have to be aware of your surrounding, yet knowingly put yourself in harm ways or not being able to tour, or even stay out in the evening is a problem.

So for us we are just choosing to go somewhere else right now..

Everyone says this, who are these everyone, I live outside the City in the suburbs, my husband works in NYC, what you are saying is absolutely not true at all. Yes there are more homeless than a few yrs ago but that has to do with the economy and also opioids as a lot of these are younger adults, this is from my husband who said that there is a bridge near where he works where he saw a lot of kids doing drugs and they have since cleared it out. More homelessness is everywhere. We travel with an RV and I have been to other states and towns where I have seen MUCH more homeless than NYC, Miami comes to mind. NYC is very very very careful about wearing masks. I live in the suburbs and we really took it to heart also. We went to Florida months back, and I was shocked at the amount of people that did not wear masks. That was true in other states we passed through as we drove our RV. That is not the case here in NY. NYC indoor restaurants etc also require proof of vaccine at least one dose. To say NY is the worst or unsafe compared to other states is not based on fact or stats. In fact NY gets a bad rap for "taking away freedoms" So which is it? May not be perfect but what you are saying is just not true either. In fact NYC is safer than many other states when it comes to being safe with Covid as we required masks and vaccines. They did lighten up with the masks some but now are implementing again. NYC comes out safer with crime than Dallas, Washington DC, Paris and Rome. "NYC keeps getting safer and safer. In February 2021, the NYPD reported that crime was down across the board in New York City. Overall, the crime rate fell 21% between January 2020 and January 2021. ... In March 2019, the New York City crime rate reached low levels not seen since the 1950s."

Last edited:
Reactions: rlk
DH and I enjoyed going to NYC, we have been several times, Not since all this covid mess. Really after seeing everything on the news and media and hearing about some of our friends first hand experiences, and taking into consideration that everyone says the same thing its not safe. Not enough police to go around, which I will say is not the police fault in my opinion ... When all you hear is how basically the criminals are running the city streets, and homeless are taking over the subways, and the parks... and not enough police to protect and serve the community must less police the tourist areas ( again not their fault), and basically its like the wild west. For me I would never put my family in a situation like this.

While when traveling you have to be aware of your surrounding, yet knowingly put yourself in harm ways or not being able to tour, or even stay out in the evening is a problem.

Here is some more info for you. NY not listed. https://www.wgnsradio.com/article/6...ost-dangerous-in-the-united-states-of-america

Last edited:

I see no info that shows NYC as being the danger you state it is. I have seen several studies and no one lists NYC.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-us

Last edited:
Nowhere that I would not return to by choice but I'll probably never get back to Europe. Just because I'm older now, hubby hates to travel so the best I can do with him is pulling the RV somewhere (plus we have a small dog that can't be boarded). I'm semi retired so money is tighter and for some reason travelling to Europe solo doesn't appeal.

My usual travel partner is my son, but he just had a new baby so I'm guessing travelling with good ole Mom is out now (unless good ole Mom is willing to pay for 3 more people). He, his SO and said baby are going to DW with good ole Mom in a few weeks.

Probably won't get to anywhere outside the continental US again, which makes me sad so now I'm depressed.

Find a local chapter of the Red Hat Society. Those ladies are always up for an adventure. My travel-addicted eldest sister was also married to a man who hated travel, and she found friends to travel with through RHS.

My "no, thanks" place? That would be Cheticamp, on Cape Breton. I was there during October, when it was, to say the least, not at its best. I understand that it's nicer in summer, but it's still very much a great outdoors kind of destination, and I'm not really a great outdoors kind of person, except in very small doses.

Last edited:
If I didn't live in NH and not really have a choice, I'd say Boston. I'm positive the roads were laid out by drunk farmers following their equally drunk cows. It's a nightmare city to navigate. But I live in NH, so while I go minimally, I will return to Boston.

Honestly, I'd return to any of the places I've visited. And I've been to some of the places that appear multiple times on this list.

I travel for work so I probably can't say I'd never go back, but I would really like to avoid Loraine OH and Camden NJ for very different reasons. I spent 3 weeks in Loraine on assignment and not one decent meal. Everything was either bland or disgusting. Meanwhile, a lot of Camden feels like I'm on the set of the Walking Dead. I've never been anywhere like it. I've lived in Oakland CA, Newark NJ, and Baltimore MD, places that have a lot gong for them yet get a bad rap, but I've found little redeeming in Camden. Most of it feels like the fantasy version of Chicago that a lot of people who've never set foot in Illinois imagine it to be (Chicago's a great city btw).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter