What's your favorite restaurant off Aulani but on Oahu?

We went to Giovanni's Shrimp Truck today and holy moly was it good! My husband had the shrimp scampi and said it was the best he's ever had (and he's a big seafood eater). I had the lemon butter and enjoyed it immensely.

Not unless they changed it drasticly in the last 10 years :-) It was definitely a full-service bar and restaurant. It's the other DK Kodama restaurant in that hotel.

Oh now I remember that sushi restaurant! It was very good! Last time I went there was like 20 years ago!

Is Sansei the conveyor belt sushi place in the Waikiki Marriott? We lived in Kailua 20 years ago, and liked that place too!

Next summer - 4 weeks at Ko Olina for me! Also starting to condo shop, so I can move back in 10 years or so hopefully for good!
You could be thinking of Genki Sushi?

However, most of the oahu locations are closed at the moment due to a hep A outbreak.

No - there used to be one, called Restaurant Run IIRC years ago (we lived on Oahu 20 years ago) and it was also a conveyor belt sushi place (not as good as Genki). I now recall which one it was, down some steps into it I think - across a bit from the Moana. My husband and I went there once, and it was very good - nothing like the conveyor belt ones, which I also love!

Too bad about this outbreak. I never eat raw scallops - and they come in frozen (heck, I know much of the fish at these places does). And I know it can happen anywhere - hope they get the places all sanitized and no one is seriously ill.

I haven't been to the Side Street inn, but it's on my list. I hear it's fantastic.

Side Street Inn is fantastic! We eat there once or twice a trip.
Another one of our favorites in Honolulu is Sweet E's Cafe for breakfast...It's worth the trip for the Kalua Pork Eggs Benedict.

As we prepare for our October 2016 trip I am so blessed and thankful to read all of your helpful information! I am starting to keep a notebook with sections for each category of brilliance I learn. I am interested in your favorite restaurants off Aulani property- anywhere on Oahu, fast food, snacks or sit down, fancy or hole in the wall that locals love! It's our first trip to Hawaii and while we can cook in our 2br unit, we also want to experience Hawaii!! I have my hubby and 2 sons - an adventurous (food wise) 17 yr old and a 12 yr old who will eat new things as long as they aren't too out there!! Thank you all so much!!
I'm from O'ahu and love visiting as often as possible! I town we like Kaka'ako Kitchen for plate lunch and Goma Tei for local/japanese. Duke's for Brunch. In Kailua we always hit up Rai Rai Ramen. Eat a spam musubi from 7/11. Da best!

My mouth is watering from remembering all the ono food! We were at Aulani last month.
Here are a few places that we always stop by when visiting Oahu:
- Roy's at Ko Olina. Everything there is delicious especially the short ribs.
- Giovann's Shrimp Truck in Kahuku
- Big Kahuna's Pizza. It's located at 550 Paiea St by the airport. The garlic cheese balls and the kalua pork pizza were outstanding. Note: Only cash. No credit cards.
- Kua Aina in Haleiwa has THE best burgers and fries. We always go to the Haleiwa location for burgers then stop at
- Matsumoto's Shave Ice They've renovated the area since our last visit and we drove right by it the first time. I love the mango, passion fruit, guava combo with the vanilla ice cream on the bottom.
- Leonard's Malasadas. You can get them fresh from their Malasada Mobile in the Waikele Shopping Center, 94-894 Lumiaina Street in Waipahu. It's the closest to Aulani but you'll need a car.
- Duke's in Waikiki is good for a Mai Tai and meal on the beach.
- Halekulani for drinks and pupus.

New restaurant for us this trip was Monkeypod Kitchen which is located across the street from Aulani. The bulgogi pork tacos were so good.
Have a fantastic trip!

We loved Monkeypod. For our 3-night stay at the Aulani, we went 2 times. Actually, we loved it so much, that when we went to Maui, we went again in Wailea. Absolutely loved the fresh lobster and fish stew.

I know this isn't the type of place you're probably talking about, but our favorite place to eat off property is over at the ABC store. We love the deli, and my daughter is obsessed with their chicken noodle soup. They have a great variety, it's so budget friendly, and you really get a lot of food for the price. The hot menu rotates every day, there are always great grab and go options, as well as a static menu of choices, and a made to order salad and sandwich options. This last trip was the first time we did not stay in a one bedroom with a kitchen, so it was great being able to have a hot dinner that didn't blow the budget :)

I know this isn't the type of place you're probably talking about, but our favorite place to eat off property is over at the ABC store. We love the deli, and my daughter is obsessed with their chicken noodle soup. They have a great variety, it's so budget friendly, and you really get a lot of food for the price. The hot menu rotates every day, there are always great grab and go options, as well as a static menu of choices, and a made to order salad and sandwich options. This last trip was the first time we did not stay in a one bedroom with a kitchen, so it was great being able to have a hot dinner that didn't blow the budget :)

I totally agree!

We loved Monkeypod. For our 3-night stay at the Aulani, we went 2 times. Actually, we loved it so much, that when we went to Maui, we went again in Wailea. Absolutely loved the fresh lobster and fish stew.

Same here! A friend recommended Monkeypod Kitchen while on Maui. We had lunch there. The Mango Cream pie was delicious. A week later when we arrived at Aulani, we were pleasantly surprised to see a Monkeypod across the street. Just had to have dinner there!

On Maui, there's a new Monkeypod Kitchen being added to Whalers' Village in Ka'anapali.

Dh and I loved the ocean house restaurant at the outrigger waikiki reef hotel. They had delicious prime rib!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter