• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When are you planning to return to DLR?

We just optimistically booked flights and a hotel reservation for April 29 - May 2, 2021. I actually don't think the parks will be up and running by then, but I'm hoping that Downtown Disney and Buena Vista Street will be allowed to have outdoor dining again by then. If we could move our hotel reservation to the Disneyland Hotel, that would honestly be the next best thing to having a full parks experience.

We're only traveling from San Francisco, so hopefully there won't be so many regional travel restrictions at that point.

I was able to experience Disney World wearier this month, but I am laser focused on returning to Disneyland. Disney World was fun, but the magic at Disneyland is like sour cream and guacamole.
To fill my time if not knowing when, I seem to be partaking in retail therapy and purchasing items like new luggage, and “the perfect travel purse” for the parks. I am booking hotels for December and hopefully October. 🤞

I was able to experience Disney World wearier this month, but I am laser focused on returning to Disneyland. Disney World was fun, but the magic at Disneyland is like sour cream and guacamole.
To fill my time if not knowing when, I seem to be partaking in retail therapy and purchasing items like new luggage, and “the perfect travel purse” for the parks. I am booking hotels for December and hopefully October. 🤞

Disneyland will always be my favourite - by far.

Really hoping to be able to go Nov/Dec 2021. We will wait until it is fully opened (no masks, meet and greets, parades, fireworks etc). We may have to wait until 2022 for that to happen but that is ok. We just want the full Disney escapist experience with no restrictions.

When we feel safe flying again and DL is open without too many restrictions. I can deal with wearing a mask, but I want to be able to experience most rides and attractions when we go. I would love to for Marvel to be open. My DS and H would be so excited!

My H wants to reschedule our cancelled spring break trip for fall of 2021, but I don’t know if I will be ready to get on a plane at that point. And will the park even be open? So more realistically, probably spring of 2022.

My latest rebook of our mother/son trip is for April 17-19. Im not feeling very optimistic on that. I have a back up booked for Sept 10-12, basically a year from the original trip. If the parks still aren’t open then, we will pull the plug and go,to WDW Labor Day weekend instead.

We also have Memorial Day weekend booked for the family. If VGC is open without the parks, we will drop from 4 nights to 3 and DL resort/DTD and beach instead.

All we can do is try:
-last week of January
-mid-April
-last week of September
-mid-November
-early December

We just rebooked from February to the week of July 4th. I am feeling a bit more confident about that. Hoping for fireworks....

Originally our province said the general public could expect vaccines starting spring... now they say fall. Sigh.

We might book hotel and such anyway and just move it to 2022 if needed. We were really hoping for summer....

We are planning for Halloweentime. Last year was our 10 year anniversary. We were married on Halloween at the DLR. So, we had a big anniversary trip planned. But, that had to be cancelled. So, Lucky #11 it is! Lol! So, we are planning to do a week at the DLR resort. 303 days until Halloween, y'all! 🎃🎃🎃

I am planning for November. But I’m hesitant. I am vaccinated but my family isn’t. My husband will only travel anywhere after he’s vacinnated.
also, we would rather wait until we can enjoy the parks without masks and I’m not sure I see that happening in November of this year :(

I haven’t been back on these boards for months. We went to WDW in October. It was wonderful but I sure do miss Disneyland. COVID for us, like I’m sure it had for many, has us really re examining our life, goals, and financial goals. We made a decision of no big trips while we pay some things off, etc.

that being said I am aiming for late 2022/early 2023. While WDW was great.. I want to wait until many of the offerings return. I hope 2ish years from now.

we originally were to be going to legoland too. Would like to go back to LEGOland, but they really left a bad taste in our mouth with their refusal to refund any $. Had to go through our bank.

what I just really dream about is taking my kids to the ocean in so cal for a couple days.. letting the worries of the world melt away and then heading to Disneyland for the magic. That’s the trip I want and can’t wait for.

Hoping for Christmas 2021 🤞🤞

This is what I’m planning for. Unless the stars align and summer can happen. I’m just concerned about the restrictions we might still see even when they reopen (what if it’s only limited to locals?) so right now just planning for WDW and will switch if it works out.

But I would think by xmas 2021 we’d be good to go or we have much bigger issues to deal with!

I'm hoping for Fall 2021. I'm not pinning down any dates or making ressies as yet since I have the option to drive and stay with family so I can be 'last minute'. Plus I'm retired so can be very flexible with dates. I'm going to have a 'wait and see...... then GO' attitude to see what's open, what's not, and what the crowd levels will be.

I really, really wanted to make it there by this summer. We are planning a big trip with my inlaws and another family and want the full experience (and as normal as possible). I was hoping for this August but I think we are just going to start planning for summer of 2022. It sucks, but it is what it is!!! From Canada, and as a teacher, I just don't think sooner will be possible to get the experience I want.

I'm hoping for October 2021 for Halloween time. I'm a little worried things won't get announced far enough out in advance though. I usually do Knotts Scary Farm, Halloween Horror Nights, and four or five days at Disney. I'm not sure I would do Disney on it's on if the other two are cancelled.... I would probably push Disney for a Christmas experience in that case or something.

I kind of wish Disney would at least open their hotel reservations again for summer/fall so at least I could see prices and try to lock in dates now so that is one less thing to worry about... but I can understand them not wanting to constantly refund people. I assume they'll still push out AP's and not just mass refund all of those... as long as the parks don't open before March I think I'll be good on my existing AP to last until the end of October! (I doubt Disney will extend the extra 30 days like they did with passes when World opened)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter