When are you planning to return to DLR?

I have reservations at Park Vue Inn across the street from August 1st to the 5th, but not very hopeful DL will even be open then. 😭

I have reservations at Park Vue Inn across the street from August 1st to the 5th, but not very hopeful DL will even be open then. 😭
Do you know if it's typically very warm that time of year? Also if you don't mind me asking, what was the rate at Park Vue now? Good luck hope it's all open by then!! pixiedust:

Do you know if it's typically very warm that time of year? Also if you don't mind me asking, what was the rate at Park Vue now? Good luck hope it's all open by then!! pixiedust:
I've been to DL resort during the beginning of August before, and the weather has always been nice. I booked both a standard room with two queens $229 a night, and a two bedroom three queen suite at $287 a night. We're not sure if extended family will be joining us on the trip, so we booked two rooms just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure if anyone else will get the same rate. We were given this locked price since we had to cancel last summer's reservation. ... Since we're on the subject, I'm not very hopeful DL will be open by the summer.

I planned for three years for a maiden voyage to Disneyland in March 2020. I pushed it around so many times, I've decided to just wait until 2022 or 2023 when things will hopefully more closely resemble all the things I had looked forward to. 😭

I planned for three years for a maiden voyage to Disneyland in March 2020. I pushed it around so many times, I've decided to just wait until 2022 or 2023 when things will hopefully more closely resemble all the things I had looked forward to. 😭
Hang in there! We've got our fingers crossed for you here. Your trip will happen when the time is right -- and it will be magical! Sending a big hug and lots of pixie dust your way.

I've been to DL resort during the beginning of August before, and the weather has always been nice. I booked both a standard room with two queens $229 a night, and a two bedroom three queen suite at $287 a night. We're not sure if extended family will be joining us on the trip, so we booked two rooms just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure if anyone else will get the same rate. We were given this locked price since we had to cancel last summer's reservation. ... Since we're on the subject, I'm not very hopeful DL will be open by the summer.
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately everything is still so up in the air about the reopening of DL. We had a trip planned last April and are trying to decide when to reschedule. Normally we've gone about every 3 yrs during Spring break and the weather has been good, except last time we went Thanksgiving week. Boy was it hot! In the 90's, but we really enjoyed seeing Christmas decorations! This time we have two newbies going, SIL and grown Nephew, so I really hope we can get there by the end of the year with most things going. Here's hoping DL will open soon! Good luck to you!

Patiently waiting to hear the opening date...
I thought best case scenario would be by summer time. But my uncle in San Diego won't be getting his vaccine until June. With the insane numbers the governor expects the state to be at, my guess would be sometime in the fall. I hope I'm wrong.

At this point hoping for Thanksgiving week. Unfortunately my girls and I bought AP's last Nov and only used them twice. On that Nov trip and then last March just before they shut down. We had a trip planned for end of May last year that we pushed back to Aug and then Sept. Then we gave up on that and we rebooked for our annual ladies trip that is the end of Feb but that is obviously not happening either so then we were thinking about summer but (while I think it may open in summer) not sure WHEN it will open. So figure we hopefully will be safe with Nov. I normally would NEVER go during a holiday week and hate that my first time back will be such a busy time BUT my daughter is a teacher and can't go except for school breaks so Thanksgiving it is. I just wish we would know something ANYTHING cuz this not knowing is driving me nuts. Plus I can't make hotel or air ressies until we know something so very frustrating for sure!!

I just wish we would know something ANYTHING cuz this not knowing is driving me nuts. Plus I can't make hotel or air ressies until we know something so very frustrating for sure!!

I hear ya. We're doing WDW in July but if Disneyland were to open, I would switch in a heartbeat. But I have a feeling we're in for a long wait so I'm more optimistic about a Christmas trip. I would just make sure if you book anything that it's refundable.

Unfortunately my girls and I bought AP's last Nov and only used them twice. On that Nov trip and then last March just before they shut down.
Why is that unfortunate? Your APs are still good. The expiration date will be extended by at least the amount of time that DL has been closed.

Why is that unfortunate? Your APs are still good. The expiration date will be extended by at least the amount of time that DL has been closed.

Not everyone will have the same availability in their schedules once the parks reopen that they had when they originally purchased their APs or even when they requested the extension (monthly) or didn't request a refund (paid in full). Plus we don't know yet exactly what sort of restrictions will be placed on APs. Disney parks around the world have been handling them all differently.

I have DVC points I have to use by May 31st. I just moved my April trip back to May 22-27.

I will go even if the hotel is open and the park is not.... dont want these points to go to waste.

We have Canadian Resident tickets that now expire mid December 2021 so we are hoping to get back sometime in the fall of this year.

We have reservations for June and backup reservations for August. I really hope one of those come through.

I hope that by the end of this year (2021) most people will be vaccinated, so maybe a visit in spring/summer 2022. I do not want to have to wear a mask in the park, and I want to be get autographs from the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter