• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you think you'll be back?

I am here now. Sitting in my room at Kidani. Animal Kingdom was a real zoo yesterday, far too many people. Rides had a 60 minute wait or more. Line for the Safari started back by the Lion King theater. Line for Pandora river ride was by the Island Mercantile. I only stayed long enough to have lunch and left when I got the room ready text. Hollywood Studios today. It will probably be crowded too.

I saw live photos last night if Disney Springs and it was INSANE. No distancing whatsoever (and I'm a photographer who understands about flattening).

We hope to travel somewhere summer 2021, and for Disney world hoping for December 2021. We do have an Alaska cruise booked for August but I don’t think we will go with all the ship restrictions that will likely be in place most of not all of 2021.

I am here now. Sitting in my room at Kidani. Animal Kingdom was a real zoo yesterday, far too many people. Rides had a 60 minute wait or more. Line for the Safari started back by the Lion King theater. Line for Pandora river ride was by the Island Mercantile. I only stayed long enough to have lunch and left when I got the room ready text. Hollywood Studios today. It will probably be crowded too.

You're from the States, based on other posts. This is a thread on the Canadian board - there are a lot more considerations for any Canadian to go the the US right now, primarily the fact that we can't just drive across the border and we need to quarantine for 14 days on our return.

Did Covid come to an end and I just missed the memo??? Why am I always the last to know...

We hope to travel somewhere summer 2021, and for Disney world hoping for December 2021. We do have an Alaska cruise booked for August but I don’t think we will go with all the ship restrictions that will likely be in place most of not all of 2021.

Same. End of August for us. I don't see our provincial government allowing cruise ships to come and go by the Summer. We expect we'll bump our deposit to 2022.

You're from the States, based on other posts. This is a thread on the Canadian board - there are a lot more considerations for any Canadian to go the the US right now, primarily the fact that we can't just drive across the border and we need to quarantine for 14 days on our return.

Although, apparently there is someone on this Canadian board who doesn't feel the need to do these things. They were posting about their driving back and forth from here to Florida and going back to Florida, etc, in a matter of days. Going to restaurants while they are here too.

Although, apparently there is someone on this Canadian board who doesn't feel the need to do these things. They were posting about their driving back and forth from here to Florida and going back to Florida, etc, in a matter of days. Going to restaurants while they are here too.

How does one even do that with the land borders closed!?

This will impact anyone headed to Disney soon I think. It says you will need a negative test before flying back to Canada

“Liberals to soon require air travellers to test negative for COVID-19 before arrival
The federal government says it plans to require air travellers to test negative for COVID-19 before landing in Canada. Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc says cabinet ministers decided this morning to quickly enact the new requirement.”

Please note this isn’t a political statement. This was the headline of a new article that wouldn’t link for some reason.

Last edited:
This will impact anyone headed to Disney soon I think. It says you will need a negative test before flying back to Canada

Liberals to soon require air travellers to test negative for COVID-19 before arrival
The federal government says it plans to require air travellers to test negative for COVID-19 before landing in Canada. Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc says cabinet ministers decided this morning to quickly enact the new requirement.

Interesting . My Christmas trip next year hinges on the border being open for travel as our air vouchers are with JetBlue. Wonder if they will open borders with a similar rule ?
Currently debating May but flying out of Toronto juat so we don’t lose our 2019 points

Interesting . My Christmas trip next year hinges on the border being open for travel as our air vouchers are with JetBlue. Wonder if they will open borders with a similar rule ?
Currently debating May but flying out of Toronto juat so we don’t lose our 2019 points

I’m guessing once the vaccine had received wider distribution you won’t have to get a test if you have been vaccinated.

Liberals to soon require air travellers to test negative for COVID-19 before arrival
The federal government says it plans to require air travellers to test negative for COVID-19 before landing in Canada. Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc says cabinet ministers decided this morning to quickly enact the new requirement.

I welcome these tighter requirements, we need to do our best to stop the spread and if that means screening people who have left Canada and/ or are coming for even essential trips then so be it. Besides we've been told since March to not travel, period. Heck, we're not even supposed to leave our houses in ontario except for essential trips (mind you a lot falls under that blanket statement!) And we've been asked not to leave our own regions.

Even when travel is "allowed" again, without using loopholes, I'll have no problem with both showing I've been vaccinated and having a negative test I'll gladly do it.

Last edited:
I'm really not sure why you chose to make this slightly political? Ontario is currently PC and while i don't agree with everything that has been said and done by the government (don't appreciate how so many environmental protections have been removed) i feel they have protected us as an entire population from COVID-19.
I welcome these tighter requirements, we need to do our best to stop the spread and if that means screening people who have left Canada and/ or are coming for even essential trips then so be it. Besides we've been told since March to not travel, period. Heck, we're not even supposed to leave our houses in ontario except for essential trips (mind you a lot falls under that blanket statement!) And we've been asked not to leave our own regions.

Even when travel is "allowed" again, without using loopholes, I'll have no problem with both showing I've been vaccinated and having a negative test I'll gladly do it. Won't care who's in power, I just feel it's part of being concerned for all Canadians.

I'll step off my soap box now, sorry if I've upset anyone.

Sorry. I wasn’t trying to make anything political. I tried to link an article and it just copied the headline. That last paragraph weren’t my words. I don’t think it’s political at all.

I also agree with the testing.

Anything the government does is inherently political. Threadlock comes when we start getting argumentative about it, and I think the mods are good about giving us some leeway in that respect.

And just a note to @wdwmom3 - if you can't get the link to work just cite the publication and we'll find it.

I’m guessing once the vaccine had received wider distribution you won’t have to get a test if you have been vaccinated.

I just read if we continue at current pace we will all be vaccinated by 2045.. I know more vaccines are coming but reading that tidal I almost cried ..

I just read if we continue at current pace we will all be vaccinated by 2045.. I know more vaccines are coming but reading that tidal I almost cried ..
I'm not expecting to be able to freely leave Canada til 2022 with either being vaccinated or having to quarantine. They figure it will take til fall to get the majority vaccinated and then a few months after that restrictions will start to drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter