When will Disney open

This got me thinking. I, too, have multiple dates (4) for FW scheduled this year - January (wonderful visit), April (tomorrow actually, but CNX Covid19), Sep/Oct, and December. My question is how many Dis'ers have multiple visits to FW scheduled during the year. Just curious...
Nothing scheduled, but it seems to be a new thing for us to try and snag a few days during the week and head over for a staycation. No intentions to visit any parks, just enjoy the Fort and resort hopping.

Our reservation was for 5/4-8. Here’s the email we received:
“In keeping with our focus on the well-being of our Guests and Cast Members during these rapidly changing times, Walt Disney WorldResort remains closed until further notice. While we appreciate you making plans to visit, unfortunately, we needed to cancel your reservation due to the temporary closure. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.”
Sad but true. Oh well, at least we were able to reschedule for September and it’s cheaper-LOL!

I was checking park hours for May and noticed this starting May 10th.

Attachments

• 08FC105E-3B28-4EDF-9121-1BC7AB696815.png
    08FC105E-3B28-4EDF-9121-1BC7AB696815.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 57

I was checking park hours for May and noticed this starting May 10th.

That goes along with what Pete was reporting on the Dis Podcast on Tuesday about a leaked plan by Disney. There was no confirmation on it, but it did mention EPCOT not opening and Animal Kingdom would be delayed in opening. Also mentioned no fireworks, no parades, and likely on site guests in parks only initially. Again, no confirmation, but it makes sense.

Well, they changed that real quick. Now it’s showing no parks open for the week of May 10th.

I had heart a rumor of Epcot not opening, but today heard that Phase 1 would be all 4 parks, but only with Florida/local residents so they can work out the distancing stuff. Then it would open to US guests, then international. I don't know how long that would be though, some people (economists) are staying worst case, nothing opens until January 2021. My guess is local and US until a vaccine is developed.
Shanghai is starting Phase 1 and they have barricades and 6' markers on the floor and such for distancing. I assume they will open in May, but DW may still be 2 months behind that? I suppose they could spray rides between guests...but the crunchy mom in me would rather avoid all the chemicals, which disrupt your biology and immune system, thus making you more susceptible to viruses and the like.

I have heard speculation that they will do a rolling schedule.
They would start only opening MK and only to resort guests.

RideswithChrist's speculation makes a lot of sense. It does seem like they will open only to the FL residents first (and only those staying on site), then to the US, then international. And I'm thinking this will happen slowly.
I imagine they will open for on-site FL guests in early- to mid-June.

If there is another peak of the Corona, like the health experts are projecting, it's likely they will need to close again during fall/winter.
Hoping they can get that vax out and/or develop & distribute tests to determine who is immune.
If immune people can return to work and leisure, that does so much to restart the economy even if things aren't at 100%.

We are scheduled for our first trip to the Fort this fall. I was researching site locations and went to TripAdvisor for reviews and saw this information. I haven’t seen anything else that mentioned this date so wondering if I missed something.

Oh this topic was started on another thread - but it said before 07/31. So this is even more (?) promising? I still wouldn't trust any information that doesn't come straight from Disney.

Oops...I didn’t see the other thread or I would not have started a new one.
I wouldn't trust anything until the Governor/local authorities make some announcements. I have a feeling something will coming out in the next day or two as the initial lock down order is due to expire at the end of the week.

Interesting update from the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force meeting today 4/28/20 on proposals for opening that would include theme parks like WDW.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-for-reopening-businesses-in-central-florida/

Sounds like the Fort could open Day one of reopening but maybe with limited activities and changes in dining. Very promising though.

Parks would open Phase 1 at 50% capacity and Phase 2 later at 75% capacity. I wonder if they would permit on-property guests in the parks and limit off-property/day guests?

I guess it depends on your definition of capacity. At Christmas/New Years etc. the parks are jammed when they are at "capacity". 50% capacity might still be pretty darned crowded.

Bama Ed

Waiting and watching. Still holding my June 4th trip. I'm sticking to my initial plan, I know it will be greatly limited but I'm willing to do that, but Disney can't possibly expect me to still pay full price to face these limits. I'll wait to see what their plan is.

It is promising.

We saw on Fox and Friends this morning that there will be a FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT by The STATE of Florida sometime later today. They speculated that for opening Disney and Universal Plan will be 2 stage process Stage 1 will allow for 50% capacity followed by 75%. We will wait and see

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter