• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When you here Arkansas, Minnesosta and Idaho

ARKANSAS - The Ozarks
Minnesota - Twin Cities. I used to go to an annual convention in Minneapolis(in summer), very cool place. I remember going into a record store owned by Prince.
Idaho - Never been there, I have a hunch it's a really cool place. I think of Boise and how locals don't pronounce it Boy-Zee, but Boice-EE.

Arkansas - Billy Bob Thornton and just because he mentioned it in a TV show we just finished watching
Minnesota - mall of America and our trip to Jr Olympics
Idaho -summers at my grandparents

Arkansas - "a holler away". Something said during the GHW Bush, Clinton and Perot debate of.....1992

Minnesota - a dear friend I met via the 'net. We bonded and talked much trash about bringing up our children and managing our lives. She dinna survive her final cancer treatment and I'm glad I was able to send her a box of cookies from France before the end.

Idaho - Obviously a distant relative of Ima Hogg.

Last edited:
ARKANSAS - The Ozarks
Minnesota - Twin Cities. I used to go to an annual convention in Minneapolis(in summer), very cool place. I remember going into a record store owned by Prince.
Idaho - Never been there, I have a hunch it's a really cool place. I think of Boise and how locals don't pronounce it Boy-Zee, but Boice-EE.

Idaho is still pretty diverse. I’ve met a few people from Idaho. I’ve only passed through on the way to Yellowstone/Grand Teton, but I did get out of the car and talked a bit. The odd thing was that our originally planned route was closed because of a “Pioneer Days” parade. But Boise is not the same as the far north where it barely touches Canada. The eastern portion is also way different. It’s kind of sad that it’s known primarily for potatoes.

What are the first thing you think of for each State

Arkansas - President Clinton

Minnesota - Mary Tyler Moore Show

Idaho - Potato

Arkansas - river rafting

Minnesota - murder mysteries (for some reason there are several best-selling murder mystery book series set there)

Idaho - White supremists (I used to have a job tracking their activities, and there were a large contingent of them operating near Kootenai County at that time. None of them were Idaho natives AFAIK, and I believe they have mostly been run out of the area by now, but it's still the first thing I think of.)

Idaho is still pretty diverse. I’ve met a few people from Idaho. I’ve only passed through on the way to Yellowstone/Grand Teton, but I did get out of the car and talked a bit. The odd thing was that our originally planned route was closed because of a “Pioneer Days” parade. But Boise is not the same as the far north where it barely touches Canada. The eastern portion is also way different. It’s kind of sad that it’s known primarily for potatoes.

Yes, North Idaho is very different from southern Idaho! I live in North Idaho, and while I think it is one of the most beautiful places in the country, southern Idaho has its own beauty. I tend to get sad when people only think of potatoes when they think of Idaho... but with the recent influx of people moving here, I think I do want to keep it a secret a little longer! :cool2:

Idaho - White supremists (I used to have a job tracking their activities, and there were a large contingent of them operating near Kootenai County at that time. None of them were Idaho natives AFAIK, and I believe they have mostly been run out of the area by now, but it's still the first thing I think of.)

We still have some of that here (a VERY small percentage), but it is changing. Once Morris Dees (my hero!) came in and cleared them out and then Richard Butler finally died (thank goodness), the movement was killed as well. We are sensitive as a whole to this stereotype about our beautiful city, so it is REALLY frowned upon to still convey or communicate these hateful messages in any way.

Yeah, I will say while potatoes is the FIRST thing that comes to mind for me on Idaho, it’s not the last.

Arkansas.....really nothing

Idaho......potatoes and some school there has blue turf

Minnesota......Vikings and Prince

Last edited:
ARKANSAS - The Ozarks

To my knowledge, Prince did not own a record store. However, he was known to hang out at the Electric Fetus, which is a famous record store in Minneapolis. I'll bet that's what you are thinking about. :-) He'd randomly show up about one day a week to check out new music when he was in town.

Arkansas - home of Walmart
Minnesota - Mall of America
Idaho - Boise State Broncos

Arkansas. Where my parents honeymooned. How romantic. LOL.

Idaho. A fun night my husband and I spent in Idaho Falls. At a motel 6. LOL

Minnesota. Home.

Arkansas- diamond digging

Minnesota- cold/snow/lakes

Idaho- Girl Scout camp on lake CdA...and the rolling hills of the Palouse my home for almost 10 years.

Arkansas- I wonder why it isn't pronounced ar kan sas.
Minnesota- Brenda and Brandon Walsh
Idaho- potatoes

Arkansas - The Ozarks

Minnesota - Golden Gophers Football

Idaho - I think of the beauty you find in the hills in the northern part of the state. Couldn't really get that one down to less than a sentence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter