Where are BC/YC folks planning on eating dinner?

Mewissy

Mouseketeer
I keep wanting to make this work, but I really don't understand where we are supposed to eat dinner.

We will be in WDW, staying at BCV for 10 days (9 park days) in September. We always ate most dinners in EPCOT since we get hoppers and can walk to the park. But, if we can't get into EPCOT unless we have a reservation, that's out. Then, I saw the list of restaurants available at BC/YC and Boardwalk and most are closed. It looks like the only places expected to be open are:

BC/YC
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop (limited space, but sit down)
Beach Club Marketplace (quick service, limited options)
Martha’s Vineyard (lounge)

Boardwalk
Trattoria al Forno (sit down)
Pizza Window (quick service, terrible pizza)
BoardWalk Bakery (quick service, limited options)
Leaping Horse Libations (lounge)
AbracadaBar (lounge)

That's 2 sit down restaurants in the area! What are others considering doing?

We're also there in September but are doins a split stay so will only be there 4 nights. I think one evening we'll try to eat at Beaches and Cream cause DD wants to eat the kitchen sink. Probably just do quick service on the nights we're not at EPCOT.

I too was planning on eating in EPCOT most nights. I'm really hoping that Disney decides that hopping is ok by September.

I made park reservations for most nights for October BCV bc of concerns for restaurant availability. I know tgats not a great answer to your question.

But we may see more open by Sep/Oct.

What is happening at Swan and Dolphin? All I can find is that they are accepting reservations for stays starting 7/29.

We cut our late August trip short to account for decreased availability of attractions and restaurants. I suppose we will eat dinner mostly in the parks since resort table service is so limited everywhere.

I made park reservations for most nights for October BCV bc of concerns for restaurant availability. I know tgats not a great answer to your question.

But we may see more open by Sep/Oct.

What is happening at Swan and Dolphin? All I can find is that they are accepting reservations for stays starting 7/29.
I beleive Major League soccer is staying there until July 28.

We will definitely make a Beaches and Cream reservation if possible, but most of our dining will be in parks during our BCV portion of our stay. I’m really disappointed that Ale & Compass will not be open, that is one of our family favorites.

We are at BWV Aug 6-11. The first night will be Disney Springs since it isn't a park day for us. We are not there nearly as long as you so I can understand why you are concerned.

I was planning on Topolino's Terrace one evening if the Skyliner is up and running. I also have been waiting anxiously to hear about Swan and Dolphin restaurants as we do love Kimono's.

On our last visit, we were very disappointed in Trattoria al Forno. I am really hoping we just hit an off night, but I am very doubtful. So if we can avoid it we likely will, and decide on a TS dining option in the parks instead.

In a perfect world, with Skyliner running and Swan & Dolphin restaurants open here would be our choices:
Day 1, no park, Disney Springs. Boathouse
Day 2, Epcot. Via Napoli
Day 3, HS. Topolino's Terrace
Day 4, AK, Tiffins or Yak & Yeti
Day 5, MK, Kimonos.
Day 6, not need, travel home.

If Skyliner wasn't running I would sub for a different Swan restaurant, Il Mulino probably as we aren't fans of Bluezoo.
If Swan & Dolphin restaurants are not open, then it gets trickier. Likely Trattoria and then Beaches and Cream for the convenience.

The shorter park hours only compound the issue. AK closes at 6 when we’re there, so eating by the resort makes more sense on those days.

There are lots of options, but you have to be willing to go to them. Disney Springs, or something at one of the other hotels would be easiest.

This is my biggest disappointment with the park pass reservation system. We chose a Crescent Lake resort (BWV) largely to be near Epcot so that we could walk over and graze the Holiday Kitchen booths at our leisure throughout our stay. Not being able to do that is a bummer for sure.

We're only there five nights, and two of those are Epcot days/eves, one of them we're at Studios for the day and Disney Springs for the evening, then one MK day/eve and one AK day/eve. I may make dinner reservations for restaurants in those parks, or we're fine with whatever QS we can rustle up. We may also try Trattoria al Forno. I don't know. Our trip is in December, so more choices may be opened by then. I wish park hopping would be back by then, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

There are lots of options, but you have to be willing to go to them. Disney Springs, or something at one of the other hotels would be easiest.

I understand, but part of why we picked BCV was its convenience to restaurants in EPCOT and the other hotels. I could have saved a lot of money and stayed somewhere else if I wanted to do a lot of traveling to eat.

I totally agree - the biggest draw to BCV is popping into Epcot each evening for dinner. We also have park hoppers for that very reason. We are going Aug 15-21 so I doubt much will change via more open restaurants at Beach between now and then. Plus our favorite restaurant at Epcot is not opening with the rest (Teppan Edo). Plus we only bought 5 day tickets since one day was going to be MNSSHP. Oh, well. Even a watered down version of Disneyworld is better than rescheduling. We will go with a positive attitude, make adjustments, and have a great time.

NBA players staying at the Yacht Club may have something to do with things not being available as well.............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter